Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Bermuda - Whats your opinion?

Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:28 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bermuda - Whats your opinion?

Originally Posted by JessicaJ
I am also interested to hear about living in Bermuda! I am especially concerned about the cost of living versus salaries ~ could anyone tell me what the average annual salary is? what is livable for a family of 4 and is it the norm for stay at home mums or is it unusual?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Jessica
Average annual salary for what????

your going as a family? expect more of a cost for you...kids will need to go into private schools....no whites in the state schools...a lot of racism towards the whites..Im assuming your colour of course
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:30 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandmom
Its a bloody huge metropolis compared to here!
Where are you?? Bermuda is 21 square miles big
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:55 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ransi
Where are you?? Bermuda is 21 square miles big
somewhere thats only 5 miles square... more like a sandbar actually

a tiny little island in the Grenadines, by St Lucia
Old Sep 5th 2006, 1:03 am
Cheeky member

somewhere thats only 5 miles square... more like a sandbar actually

a tiny little island in the Grenadines, by St Lucia
that would drive me nuts,each to their own though...
Old Sep 5th 2006, 1:33 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

that would drive me nuts,each to their own though...

I was born nuts so .... no biggy for me!
Old Sep 5th 2006, 1:59 am
Cheeky member

I was born nuts so .... no biggy for me!
i could read that a totally different way Lol
Old Sep 5th 2006, 6:25 am
Just Joined

JessicaJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Average annual salary for what????

your going as a family? expect more of a cost for you...kids will need to go into private schools....no whites in the state schools...a lot of racism towards the whites..Im assuming your colour of course
Yes, we're white.

OK thanks for your reply ~ I'm not sure it's worth uprooting us.

Last edited by JessicaJ; Sep 5th 2006 at 7:56 am.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 10:50 am
Just Joined

designer112 is an unknown quantity at this point

My BIL went young free and single...met loads of expats in the same boat ....now 9 years on he's married to a Bermudian...
As for a salary...depends what you do isn't it!
The cost of living is on a par with the UK with the exeption of houses/rentals and cars!!! V.expensive on that front.
Hey Teacle Tart, Thanks for your answer...Well, ive been offered in the region of 65000BMD...in your opinion could I live comfortably on this salary?
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:55 pm
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by designer112
Hey Teacle Tart, Thanks for your answer...Well, ive been offered in the region of 65000BMD...in your opinion could I live comfortably on this salary?
it's not much really...you'd probably have to share a house to keep the rent down...thats the main expense the rents they charge...other than that go for it!! like i've said cars and rent are the main expenses there other things are like the UK...i take it your single right?
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:56 pm
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by JessicaJ
Yes, we're white.

OK thanks for your reply ~ I'm not sure it's worth uprooting us.
Look more into it if your interested but for a family you'd have to have a pretty high salary unfortunatly.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

it's not much really...you'd probably have to share a house to keep the rent down...thats the main expense the rents they charge...other than that go for it!! like i've said cars and rent are the main expenses there other things are like the UK...i take it your single right?
yeah, am single so only me to look after.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 2:28 pm
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by designer112
yeah, am single so only me to look after.
go for it
Old Sep 5th 2006, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

go for it

Thank you...just so scared to be starting all over again!!! Hey JESSICA, im pleased that Im not the only one that has a tough choice to make...I just dont know what to do!!!
Old Sep 5th 2006, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

ruru is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey designer112, that sounds like a good salary to me... I am on nowhere near that in my country. I wonder what they will offer me in BMD money?

So I'm guessing if its not more than 60BMD, I'll have to say no...

I certainlydont want to be struggling... Its a long way to go for a struggle.

What kind of position have you been offered.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 8:31 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ruru
my opinion is that it's a small little island in the middle of the Atlantic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.