Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Are there still swans at the mouth of the River Dargle, Bray, County Wicklow?

Are there still swans at the mouth of the River Dargle, Bray, County Wicklow?

Old Jun 13th 2018, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

sidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are there still swans at the mouth of the River Dargle, Bray, County Wicklow?

Several years ago when I used to work in Ireland I would often stay at the Royal Hotel in Bray for weeks on end and on many occasions especially when the kids were on holiday from school I travelled across from the U.K. with my wife and three kids. When I was in Dublin my family would buy loaves of bread each morning and walk down to the mouth of the River Dargle on the outskirts of Bray and feed the swans. At that time there were literally dozens of swans at that particular location. Are the swans still there... does anyone know?
Old Jun 29th 2018, 1:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there still swans at the mouth of the River Dargle, Bray, County Wicklow?

Tbf it's a pretty obscure question. Twenty seconds on Google Street View tells me there were still swans there in September 2014. Unless anyone has information to the contrary I would suspect they are still there today.
Old Jun 29th 2018, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

sidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there still swans at the mouth of the River Dargle, Bray, County Wicklow?

Thanks BritInParis... I'll take a look.
Old Jun 29th 2018, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sidgold View Post
So... I guess the swans have all gone then?
Not sure about the location, but they still seem to be there. Only in Galway, but lots of swans there and I seem to be seeing a lot more than a few years ago.
Old Jun 29th 2018, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Moses2013,

Its one of my kids fondest memories of Ireland.

Best Regards
Sid.