Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

soda bread without buttermilk

soda bread without buttermilk

Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: soda bread without buttermilk

Originally Posted by Jock04
I seldom go over the gallon on weeknights.

12's easy at the weekend though

This flu bug's a real downer, but I must admit a few pints of porter helps. Funny enough, cans just don't weave the same magic.
The only cure for flu is the porter.

I was going to say 12 pints is for amateurs, so glad u said easy! My pops can do about 16 and he's 70. Hollow legs he has and me and my sister are the same, it takes about 10 to get me tipsy, so I'll skin you out when u take me out to EJ's for the night
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Jock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by annacarna
it takes about 10 to get me tipsy, so I'll skin you out when u take me out to EJ's for the night
hah! I love a challenge! It's a (drinking) date
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Hoi!!!

I said cider vinegar, which isn't quite the same thing.
Agus... I copied it from someone elses' website anyway
Agus.......Graylings post would seem to agree

Agus...... you're right about the black stuff, but that wasn't till after I had posted!

Anyway, I bet the notion wears off & you don't even try it!
Oi Jock

It didn't f*****g work, it was soggy inside and like a brick
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Jock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to all

Oi Jock

It didn't f*****g work, it was soggy inside and like a brick
I knew a girl like that once

Sorry to hear it didn't work, truly.

When we meet for our boozing contest, I'll buy you a bowl of soup with soda bread in King's, before we start!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

I knew a girl like that once

Sorry to hear it didn't work, truly.

When we meet for our boozing contest, I'll buy you a bowl of soup with soda bread in King's, before we start!
:curse:

Whats the number for the cab company in spidall?
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

It's on it's way, AC.

have a great weekend
Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

The Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to behold

Cant get buttermilk in Arab Emirates, what else could you use for soda bread?
I find it really hard to get buttermilk in the UK sometimes and I've used plain natural yogurt.

Usually works a treat!

Let me know how you get on.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Irelandexile has a brilliant futureIrelandexile has a brilliant futureIrelandexile has a brilliant futureIrelandexile has a brilliant futureIrelandexile has a brilliant futureIrelandexile has a brilliant future

Hi there, re the buttermilk, you can use sour milk instead.
works just as well, leave some out of the fridge to sour or add a bit of lemon juice to sour the milk. Use the same quantity of sour milk.

My mom always made scones as well with sour milk, and now I do too, and it seems to work better than fresh milk.

give it a try!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

SueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really nice

I belong to a cooking and recipe forum.
I am sure you can get help with your soda bread problem there as people from all over the world post their recipes on this site.

You can always asks a question in the forums and get help too.

http://www.recipezaar.com

Hope this helps.
Sue
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:29 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

The only cure for flu is the porter.

I'll remember this next time I have the flu.