Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Foreign births registration..Help

Foreign births registration..Help

Old Oct 9th 2016, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

caferacer59 is just really nicecaferacer59 is just really nicecaferacer59 is just really nicecaferacer59 is just really nicecaferacer59 is just really nicecaferacer59 is just really nicecaferacer59 is just really nicecaferacer59 is just really nicecaferacer59 is just really nice
Default Foreign births registration..Help

Hi , I need a little help and advice.

Its taken me 6 months in total, and finally I have all the required documents for the Forign Births registration , though my
Grandad.

One of the longest was my own Aussie BC.

Now, do I apply online, or get a hard copy application form from the Irish Embassy in London?

Problem also,
who witnesses my form?, I dont really know, any police or local doctors,as i havent been in the UK that long,
and i will just have a hostel address.

so on the one hand I have all the hard stuff, but the easy stuff for me, witness, address etc, is it going to be a problem.

Also, might it be worth a quick trip to the Dublin office?

Any advice would be great..Thx!!!
Old Oct 9th 2016, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

caferacer59 is just really nicecaferacer59 is just really nicecaferacer59 is just really nicecaferacer59 is just really nicecaferacer59 is just really nicecaferacer59 is just really nicecaferacer59 is just really nicecaferacer59 is just really nicecaferacer59 is just really nice
Default Re: Foreign births registration..Help

PS, One the Online application the Grandparent TAB doesn't function, and the parent TAB asks for my Mums FBR number, she doesnt have that,she was born in London, and her Dad never FBR her, BUt she would be an Irish citizen automatically anyway....so i a little confused, I dont think i have the right application page
Old Oct 10th 2016, 7:05 pm
Banned

EndaKenny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caferacer59
Hi , I need a little help and advice.

Its taken me 6 months in total, and finally I have all the required documents for the Forign Births registration , though my
Grandad.

One of the longest was my own Aussie BC.

Now, do I apply online, or get a hard copy application form from the Irish Embassy in London?

Problem also,
who witnesses my form?, I dont really know, any police or local doctors,as i havent been in the UK that long,
and i will just have a hostel address.

so on the one hand I have all the hard stuff, but the easy stuff for me, witness, address etc, is it going to be a problem.

Also, might it be worth a quick trip to the Dublin office?

Any advice would be great..Thx!!!
My advice is to contact the DFA in Dublin using the link below.
https://www.dfa.ie/about-us/contact-...sport-office/#
They will post you an application form.
You can get your pictures witnessed by a Police officer at your local Police station.
Then post back the documents with the fee and wait.
Its as simple as that.
People often over-think these things, and seem to get quite worked up and stressed about it all; when there is no need to.
The DFA are well used to sorting out the applications, and if there is anything else required they will let you know. But as you say, you have all the documents needed.
Forget trying to do it online, you won't. Post it in, and wait. It will get done, sure as night follows day.
Best of luck with it all.
Old Oct 11th 2016, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Cheers for your positive reply....
Old Oct 11th 2016, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

I have actually sent a few messeges on that link, Thx for that, but it quickly flashes up a red box and then back to the page, so Im not sure it works, there is no confirmation messege...
Old Oct 11th 2016, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Even more confused no so how does an online application get witnessed??

Dear Sir,

When you are filling in the form please make sure you select the correct citizenship category. If you are applying through your grandparent, then you must select the category 'Birth to a Person Born in Ireland' on the question relating to how your Parent acquired Irish citizenship. Otherwise the grandparent tab will not be open.

Unfortunately, all applications must be submitted online and we do not have hard copies of the application form. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Aina
Embassy of Ireland

Old Oct 11th 2016, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Can someone who has been though this process, please help.........
Old Oct 17th 2016, 1:46 am
Just Joined

Wavey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caferacer59
Can someone who has been though this process, please help.........
You apply 'online' through the DFA website and it lets you download a PDF of a 'hard copy' which you then print off with everything filled in that needs filling in and shows what you need.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Ratters is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you ever get this sorted vis-� -vis the tabs?
I'm going through the same process at the moment and am applying with my gran's details (although she died many years ago). Does anything need to be completed from the parent tab? Also, do I need to provide a marriage certificate from when my gran moved to UK and married my grandad? Any help and advice would be appreciated.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Ratters is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you ever get this sorted vis-� -vis the tabs?
I'm going through the same process at the moment and am applying with my gran's details (although she died many years ago). Does anything need to be completed from the parent tab? Also, do I need to provide a marriage certificate from when my gran moved to UK and married my grandad? Any help and advice would be appreciated.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Ratters , How did you get on?...im starting the process again, and hopefully can crack it this time around...any tips?