Salaries

Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

jenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nice
Default Re: Salaries

p.s.
Its a small world - we are buying an apartment in Alqueria shortly and looking forward to getting away from all this rainy weather in winter. lol
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:47 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenna m
Mitziboy your contributions are very welcome on this section !
Tourist impressions are very useful.
Like moving to Spain, you have to do your homework before coming to Ireland.
It is a different country from the U.K and has its own traditions and culture and has developed very rapidly in the past few years as has its population.
All the best
Jenna.
I just found it very relaxed and trusting. We arrived in Dublin, drove over to the usual Ring of Kerry via a few stops, then up the South Coast through Wexford back to Dublin. Loved the country and the people we met and the local pubs (front rooms) in the West were mad!

On the last night we went out with friends in Dublin, parked the mobile home on a site near the ferry. When we arrived back at midnight the mobile home had been burgled, camera, leather jacket etc gone.

Police came, officer said "ahhhh yes" knowingly. "I'll be in touch tomorrow". Yeah right I thought, but just as we were getting on the ferry the next day I had a call to say he'd "had a word" and had recovered our items which were returned to us later in the UK.

So as a holidaymaker I've only got good memories. Trouble is, its often your holiday experiences that lead you to move to a new country and the reality of living there can be hugely different.

As you say, loads of research is the key, wherever you're going .... saves nasty suprises
Old Jul 20th 2007, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

jenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nice

Well as they say in Scotland 'Haste ye back'!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:12 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Halifax harpie
What would be considered a decent salary in Ireland?
We are currently living in Canada - which we hate - although originally from UK.
My husband has just been offered a job near Galway. This has come completely out of the blue and we don't know where to start. As much as we want to move, we don't want it to be a case of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. Weather wont be a issue as it's really bad where we are now, as well as being pretty isolated, but cost of living is a factor, especially as we will have 2 children going to university.
Any thoughts would be gratefully received.
Already found lots of useful info on this forum.
Thanks
Val

Just come back from a reccie of Halifax and NS. Nice city and lovely countryside but where the people at?? DOnt think we could stomach North American culture again!

Defo Ireland now.