RTE rip off

Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:52 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RTE rip off

Originally Posted by dgjamison
here here, I also thought the tv in uk and ireland c..p, although when britain do good dramas they are very good (hear a new one is on Jan 31st about Mo Mollam) would love to see it Julie Walters playing her a great actress!!!! here the tv is terrible, lots of game shows, stupid comedys, reality shows, Judge shows (Judy, alex, mathis,pirro to name a few) and constant repeats of csi and cold case. Give me the good old BBC anytime how I miss it and sky: it has really gone down hill here ah well !!!!!!1
Haa yes, i dont miss Canadian/American tv at all!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:23 am
Just Joined

cissy is an unknown quantity at this point

I am with you what rip off for what
Old Feb 1st 2010, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Haa yes, i dont miss Canadian/American tv at all!
It is the worst I have ever seen. I lived here 26 years ago and the tv was great then. It seems now they are pushing canadian made stuff and most of it is just awful. So bad in fact I have become addicted to the computer. Actually looking at going back to Ireland (Not because of the tv) but not finding the people vry friendly here at all. Had thought of Spain, would love to hear from you Michael Og re: Spain
Old Feb 1st 2010, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

re going to spain, have a look at the spanish part of b.e. and you will see that there are hundreds if not thousands of ex-pats in spain desperate to leave and return to their country of origin, i.e. the u.k or ireland.
gotta be a reason,and the main reason is that there is a huge level of corruption in spain and it is endemic. inbred really. you are sold a house or villa all in good faith,you use spanish abagodos(legal beagels),get all the legal paperwork,and hey presto,two or so years up the line your house or villa is declared illegal. and all because the local town hall has changed hands.
if you raise this on the spanish part of b.e. you don't half get hammered for it by the british mainly. i call them "spanglish" cos they are more spanish than the spanish and any criticism is deemed unpatriotic.
i am off back to ireland(originally came out here from the uk but ireland is my birthplace). and one of the reasons is that i don't want to feel like a second-class citizen any more. you are made to feel that you don't really belong. not just me speaking here, nearly all of my friends and acquaintances say the same. but your circumstances may be different. if you don't need to work,if you have a decent income coming in(pension or the like),and if you don't mind the laid-back(some say lazy or incompetant)attitude of the spanish,well this is the country for you.
if you need any sites to look at for either houses or rentals,let me know cos i have a few...ireland for me denise.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michaleen oge
re going to spain, have a look at the spanish part of b.e. and you will see that there are hundreds if not thousands of ex-pats in spain desperate to leave and return to their country of origin, i.e. the u.k or ireland.
gotta be a reason,and the main reason is that there is a huge level of corruption in spain and it is endemic. inbred really. you are sold a house or villa all in good faith,you use spanish abagodos(legal beagels),get all the legal paperwork,and hey presto,two or so years up the line your house or villa is declared illegal. and all because the local town hall has changed hands.
if you raise this on the spanish part of b.e. you don't half get hammered for it by the british mainly. i call them "spanglish" cos they are more spanish than the spanish and any criticism is deemed unpatriotic.
i am off back to ireland(originally came out here from the uk but ireland is my birthplace). and one of the reasons is that i don't want to feel like a second-class citizen any more. you are made to feel that you don't really belong. not just me speaking here, nearly all of my friends and acquaintances say the same. but your circumstances may be different. if you don't need to work,if you have a decent income coming in(pension or the like),and if you don't mind the laid-back(some say lazy or incompetant)attitude of the spanish,well this is the country for you.
if you need any sites to look at for either houses or rentals,let me know cos i have a few...ireland for me denise.
Thanks a million, I hve felt the same, it was a toss up with Canada or Spain, but we had gone over once for 5 weeks (2years ago) and it did'nt fit well with me at all, my husband got sick and I felt so alone, phoned an english speaking clinic a doctor came out gave my husband an injection and took €250, and wanted to arrange our flights back for us (thought that strange) his injections did'nt work, My husband was having back spasms and in a great deal of pain, could not get out of bed, luckily a friend got us an ambulance, they came give him another injection and he was on this feet in2 hours. It was awful, I neve felt so lonely. So I did'nt like Spain much after that. My husband for some reason keeps going on about it, I think he wants s the sunshine and closer to our families, but I don't think it is for me. Thanks Micheal Og I will show him your post and hopefully he will take it on board
Cheers Denise
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

on the health side.,,we had only been living in spain for about eight months when the wife took ill. shortage of breath etc. thought it was a collapsed lung. so we called the emergency services. took a bit to get an english-speaking person on the other end but got one at last.(this was about five am).
the ambulance took about twenty minutes to come,it had gotten lost once. paramedics took one look at the wife and carted her to the ambulance,ignoring me. i followed in my car,i knew where they were going to take her. when we got there,it was the emergency station on mojacar(not too far from us). the receiving nurse was very intimidating. she kept asking questions,very fast,and my spanish was terrible then. so i pointed to a graph of the human body which was on the wall and showed her where the problem was. in perfectly good english,she told me i had to learn the language.
they took the wife to the nearest hospital,about 30 kms away,in an ambulance with the blaring siren on. i followed yet again,about 120 kms per hour,and saw the back door of the ambulance open,and the wife on the gurney looking out at me. there wasnt anyone in the back with her.....
but when we got to the hospital it was amazing. so clean,so fast,so professional. they were swarming all over her with drips and oxygen etc. still no english-speaking personnel but i felt comforted just looking at them. in the end she was let out withing an hour or so,and i took her home.
not knowing how to speak spanish out here makes it impossible to get your point over,either in the hospital situation,or worse still,the town hall or bank. my spanish is still terrible but bearable(to me anyhoo). thought i would share this seeing as you mentioned the health service.
one more thing,,,an old age pensioner we knew went to the same hospital we had been to. she knew no spanish but her doctor gave her a letter to show to the doctor there. she walked into the room for a consultation,gave the letter to the doctor,who said(in english)"do you speak spanish?" and when the woman said "no", he tossed the letter into his bin and told her to come back when she did. now this would never happen either in england or ireland. we are too civilised for that. (i hope).
Old Feb 8th 2010, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

chatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura aboutchatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura aboutchatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura about

We wouldn't be without SKY- despite the extortionate cost.
When we first moved here in 2004 no-one bothered to tell us that UK tellies can't pick up RTE 1 or 2 because they are broadcast at a different type of frequency. We spent ages fiddling with the ariel and watching Brit stuff on TV3.
Bought a new telly last year and still don't watch RTE.

Moira