Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Removals service from UK to Ireland

Removals service from UK to Ireland

Old Mar 6th 2021, 9:40 am
Just Joined

awayfromhove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removals service from UK to Ireland

It is funny how plans can work against us. I joined this site several years ago when my wife and I were looking to move to Venice. Unfortunately, her elderly mother in Ireland needed more care and we held off on that move. Now we are moving to Ireland to be closer to her!

We have agreed the sale of our home in Hove, but unfortunately at a lower price than we would have liked. I'm looking at trying to reduce any costs we can. I've a couple of quotes for removal services from the UK to Ireland. I was wondering if instructing an Irish firm would be worth looking at and wanted to know if anyone here had an experience of that?

Old Mar 6th 2021, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removals service from UK to Ireland

Originally Posted by awayfromhove
It is funny how plans can work against us. I joined this site several years ago when my wife and I were looking to move to Venice. Unfortunately, her elderly mother in Ireland needed more care and we held off on that move. Now we are moving to Ireland to be closer to her!

We have agreed the sale of our home in Hove, but unfortunately at a lower price than we would have liked. I'm looking at trying to reduce any costs we can. I've a couple of quotes for removal services from the UK to Ireland. I was wondering if instructing an Irish firm would be worth looking at and wanted to know if anyone here had an experience of that?
We moved to Ireland from Kent, but that was 10 years ago now. At the time we used Shiply.com were you can get quotes from different companies. Two guys from Northern Ireland had an empty van going back to Dublin and were able to deliver to Co. Galway. We just followed with car and all went smoothly.