Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Possible move to County Louth

Possible move to County Louth

Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Taliaz is just really niceTaliaz is just really niceTaliaz is just really niceTaliaz is just really niceTaliaz is just really niceTaliaz is just really niceTaliaz is just really niceTaliaz is just really nice
Default Possible move to County Louth

I suppse im a bit different to others on here as I may have a job to go to if I move over. Its just at the priliminary stage at the mo but le to be well informed before I take the plunge if asked too lol

So i hae looked at rent over on the east coast an it seems relatively the sme as over here but what is the pre-requisite for renting and bank accounts etc?

I understand about the car and getting it re-registered and insured etc over there so quite happy.

Im not overly worried about the job butthe reduction in wages is a little worry due to the higher cost of living over there. I suppose what im trying to get at is what are the benefits of moving over taxwise etc?

Any other help or general comments would be good

Tali
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:36 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible move to County Louth

Originally Posted by Taliaz
I suppse im a bit different to others on here as I may have a job to go to if I move over. Its just at the priliminary stage at the mo but le to be well informed before I take the plunge if asked too lol

So i hae looked at rent over on the east coast an it seems relatively the sme as over here but what is the pre-requisite for renting and bank accounts etc?

I understand about the car and getting it re-registered and insured etc over there so quite happy.

Im not overly worried about the job butthe reduction in wages is a little worry due to the higher cost of living over there. I suppose what im trying to get at is what are the benefits of moving over taxwise etc?

Tali

From the UK...

Taxwise? None...

It is more expensive than in the UK..search the irish threads..
Old Jul 29th 2010, 7:19 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taliaz

Tali
Ahh yea but the benefit of living in Louth is you can go shopping in the North which is way cheaper.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

wilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nice

I used to live in Louth village, But would drive to newry, to do the shopping. But louth is beautiful, all green fields. and the people so easy going.