Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Online application-contact details of contact/host in Ireland.

Online application-contact details of contact/host in Ireland.

Old Feb 19th 2020, 9:21 pm
  #1  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat028 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Online application-contact details of contact/host in Ireland.

Hi everyone! I’m new to the forum and I’d like to get some help.
I am a NON EU national living in the UK with my British/Irish husband and a daughter. We are planning to relocate to Ireland this year but since I’m a visa required national I have to apply for a family visa first. Today I started my online application for a long stay visa to Ireland as a spouse of an Irish citizen and stumbled across a question about contact details for contact /host in Ireland.
The thing is my family and I are only going to relocate to Ireland from the UK and we haven’t got a place yet as we’d like to apply for a visa first and then my husband will travel to Ireland to find accommodation.

Has anyone got any experience in this matter and what are the requirements for this particular section in the application?

I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat028; Feb 19th 2020 at 9:32 pm.
scrubbedexpat028 is offline  
Old Feb 20th 2020, 3:32 pm
  #2  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,148
Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online application-contact details of contact/host in Ireland.

Originally Posted by mrsd77
Hi everyone! I’m new to the forum and I’d like to get some help.
I am a NON EU national living in the UK with my British/Irish husband and a daughter. We are planning to relocate to Ireland this year but since I’m a visa required national I have to apply for a family visa first. Today I started my online application for a long stay visa to Ireland as a spouse of an Irish citizen and stumbled across a question about contact details for contact /host in Ireland.
The thing is my family and I are only going to relocate to Ireland from the UK and we haven’t got a place yet as we’d like to apply for a visa first and then my husband will travel to Ireland to find accommodation.

Has anyone got any experience in this matter and what are the requirements for this particular section in the application?

I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks.
Contact/Host in Ireland
• If you have no personal contact or host in Ireland, you must give the name and address of the
accommodation at which you will stay during your visit
• If you are travelling on business, or to a conference or event, you must give the business address
of your Irish-based host/organiser and a daytime telephone number at which they can be contacted
• If you are coming to Ireland to work or study you should give the business address of your Irish-
based employer/college, and a daytime telephone number at which they can be contacted
• If you are visiting/joining family or friends, you should give their home address and a daytime
telephone number at which they can be contacted
• Please then indicate whether your host/contact is personally known to you
• If you answer ‘Yes’, please give their surname, forename, country of nationality, occupation, their
relationship to you, and their Department of Justice Reference Number (if a non-EEA/Swiss
national)
• If you answer ‘No’, please give the surname and forename of the person you have had contact
with in the company/college/organisation
• Click Save and Continue button
• If you have left any mandatory field blank, a message will appear in red at the top of the screen.
You need to scroll down the screen to see what fields need completing
Moses2013 is offline  
Old Feb 20th 2020, 6:01 pm
  #3  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat028 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Online application-contact details of contact/host in Ireland.

Thank you for your response but I’ve got this guidance as well and referring to the last part of the quote where it says “If you answer ‘No’, please give the surname and forename of the person you have had contact with in the company/college/organisation” and that’s where I don’t know whose details I should use as we haven’t got anyone in Ireland yet.
Originally Posted by Moses2013
Contact/Host in Ireland
• If you have no personal contact or host in Ireland, you must give the name and address of the
accommodation at which you will stay during your visit
• If you are travelling on business, or to a conference or event, you must give the business address
of your Irish-based host/organiser and a daytime telephone number at which they can be contacted
• If you are coming to Ireland to work or study you should give the business address of your Irish-
based employer/college, and a daytime telephone number at which they can be contacted
• If you are visiting/joining family or friends, you should give their home address and a daytime
telephone number at which they can be contacted
• Please then indicate whether your host/contact is personally known to you
• If you answer ‘Yes’, please give their surname, forename, country of nationality, occupation, their
relationship to you, and their Department of Justice Reference Number (if a non-EEA/Swiss
national)
• If you answer ‘No’, please give the surname and forename of the person you have had contact
with in the company/college/organisation
• Click Save and Continue button
• If you have left any mandatory field blank, a message will appear in red at the top of the screen.
You need to scroll down the screen to see what fields need completing
scrubbedexpat028 is offline  
Old Feb 20th 2020, 10:59 pm
  #4  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 18,193
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online application-contact details of contact/host in Ireland.

You’ll need to arrange accommodation before you apply for your visa. This can just be a hotel or Airbnb booking but you won’t be give a visa with nowhere to stay.
BritInParis is online now  
Old Feb 21st 2020, 7:02 am
  #5  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat028 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Online application-contact details of contact/host in Ireland.

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You’ll need to arrange accommodation before you apply for your visa. This can just be a hotel or Airbnb booking but you won’t be give a visa with nowhere to stay.
thank you for you reply.
scrubbedexpat028 is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2020, 7:29 am
  #6  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat028 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Online application-contact details of contact/host in Ireland.

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You’ll need to arrange accommodation before you apply for your visa. This can just be a hotel or Airbnb booking but you won’t be give a visa with nowhere to stay.
Thank you again Brit in Paris. I’ve looked for some accommodations through air bnb and I found a few,so that is not going to be a problem. If I reserve it for let’s say 5 days would that be suffice? As our plan is as soon as I get a visa my husband will travel to Ireland to rent a place on a more permanent basis.
scrubbedexpat028 is offline  
Old Apr 8th 2020, 11:42 pm
  #7  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 18,193
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online application-contact details of contact/host in Ireland.

You should have arranged accommodation for the proposed length of your stay.
BritInParis is online now  
Old Apr 9th 2020, 6:11 pm
  #8  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat028 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Online application-contact details of contact/host in Ireland.

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You should have arranged accommodation for the proposed length of your stay.
Thank you for your response. But how would that work with a “proposed length of stay” when it comes to a long stay visa (my is “join a spouse” visa) ? When I was applying online it specifically stated that an applicant didn’t need to provide a date of leaving the country and it could be left blank. So, we’ve booked a hotel for a week and submitted a booking confirmation since we need to arrange an accommodation.

Thank you.
scrubbedexpat028 is offline  
Old Apr 13th 2020, 10:45 am
  #9  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 18,193
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online application-contact details of contact/host in Ireland.

Originally Posted by mrsd77
Thank you for your response. But how would that work with a “proposed length of stay” when it comes to a long stay visa (my is “join a spouse” visa) ? When I was applying online it specifically stated that an applicant didn’t need to provide a date of leaving the country and it could be left blank. So, we’ve booked a hotel for a week and submitted a booking confirmation since we need to arrange an accommodation.

Thank you.
Let us know how you get on.
BritInParis is online now  
Old Apr 13th 2020, 10:54 am
  #10  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat028 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Online application-contact details of contact/host in Ireland.

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Let us know how you get on.
Yes, I will. I hope we submitted everything which was required and we just need to wait. Unfortunately, with the spread of the Covid-19 all visa centres have been temporarily closed so we have to wait till they resume work.
Thanks.
scrubbedexpat028 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.