Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

My experience of moving to Cork

My experience of moving to Cork

Old Dec 24th 2011, 2:25 pm
Banned

Joe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to all
Default Re: My experience of moving to Cork

Originally Posted by michaleen oge
Sean,what Londonuck didn't mention was that it wasn't fright which gripped his fare,it was laughter. Now if he had mentioned he was a follower of Manchester United,he would have been lauded. Keep up the good work mate.you give lots of good info and advice.
happy xmas and new year to you and yours.
"Next year in Ireland".
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.
I hope next year you will be living in Ireland.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 10:14 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sean MacMaghnuis
That made me laugh. Just don't tell Carlton Leach and the rest of the ICF that. Have you seen; The Football Factory? Or I.D?
There's only one Shadwell Army..
Two of my favourite films.
A lot of the key board warriors and Trolls on here wouldn't last 5 minutes on the terraces in the 1980's.
Used to see it every Saturday down the Den

Mr Leach, Pennant and Mathews and Tiny. Harry the Dog on our side, lovely misunderstood gentlemen. They're still going some of them. Look up the lovely lovely geezers. Still scary buggers

Last edited by Londonuck; Dec 27th 2011 at 10:18 am.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 10:17 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Sean,what Londonuck didn't mention was that it wasn't fright which gripped his fare,it was laughter. Now if he had mentioned he was a follower of Manchester United,he would have been lauded. Keep up the good work mate.you give lots of good info and advice.
happy xmas and new year to you and yours.
"Next year in Ireland".
Happy Christmas Popeye.

Hope you get to Blackrock next year bud.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Happy Christmas Popeye.

Hope you get to Blackrock next year bud.
oh yarrr....you never know. looking at the riots on oxford street got me thinking mate. when i left the navy i ran a shop down gt.portland street,and used to shop on oxford street a lot. what the hell has happened to the place? one of the premier shopping streets in the world and this sort of thing happens? over here we did our xmas shopping in a huge complex,lots of people about but all smiling and behaving themselves.(even in burger king!!).
While we are waiting to sell and move,i am not in the least impatient. there are worse places to wait in. the news from ireland continues to veer from bad to terrible. most of my relatives are either on short-time working or with no work at all. being an eternal optimist,i think we have another year or two of this and then we will be all right. my view anyhow.
take care mate,watch yer back and take no guff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 27th 2011, 3:00 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

Updates from cheery Cork this festive season.
Two drug overdoses at a party and a murder last night after a row between feuding families.
The drug overdoses were especially scummy - one man OD's at a party and is taken to hospital,seven hours later a second person at the party does the same thing.
'tis the season of goodwill.

A man has been murdered in a row at a pub involving two feuding families.

The man, 51, was beaten and stabbed when two groups of men clashed at a bar in Cork city just after midnight.

At one stage it is believed about 20 people were involved in the row.

The incident happened at a pub on Lower Frances Walk in the city.

Gardai said the victim was beaten with iron bars and clubs and stabbed.

Detectives are investigating the suspected drug-related deaths of two men over Christmas.

Gardai were called to an address at Rockgrove Terrace in Cork at 1pm on Sunday where a 33-year-old man was pronounced dead.

Seven hours later a second man, aged 32, was removed from the same address and taken to Mercy Hospital in a critical condition.

A Garda spokeswoman said that man died in the early hours of Boxing Day.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

honeybunny2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh yarrr....you never know. looking at the riots on oxford street got me thinking mate. when i left the navy i ran a shop down gt.portland street,and used to shop on oxford street a lot. what the hell has happened to the place? one of the premier shopping streets in the world and this sort of thing happens? over here we did our xmas shopping in a huge complex,lots of people about but all smiling and behaving themselves.(even in burger king!!).
While we are waiting to sell and move,i am not in the least impatient. there are worse places to wait in. the news from ireland continues to veer from bad to terrible. most of my relatives are either on short-time working or with no work at all. being an eternal optimist,i think we have another year or two of this and then we will be all right. my view anyhow.
take care mate,watch yer back and take no guff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope your right
Old Dec 28th 2011, 9:07 am
Account Closed

sickntired is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla
Updates from cheery Cork this festive season.
Two drug overdoses at a party and a murder last night after a row between feuding families.
The drug overdoses were especially scummy - one man OD's at a party and is taken to hospital,seven hours later a second person at the party does the same thing.
'tis the season of goodwill.

A man has been murdered in a row at a pub involving two feuding families.

The man, 51, was beaten and stabbed when two groups of men clashed at a bar in Cork city just after midnight.

At one stage it is believed about 20 people were involved in the row.

The incident happened at a pub on Lower Frances Walk in the city.

Gardai said the victim was beaten with iron bars and clubs and stabbed.

Detectives are investigating the suspected drug-related deaths of two men over Christmas.

Gardai were called to an address at Rockgrove Terrace in Cork at 1pm on Sunday where a 33-year-old man was pronounced dead.

Seven hours later a second man, aged 32, was removed from the same address and taken to Mercy Hospital in a critical condition.

A Garda spokeswoman said that man died in the early hours of Boxing Day.
Wonder if the feuding families are from the camping and caravanning community - sounds like them.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 1:06 pm
Banned

Joe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sickntired
Wonder if the feuding families are from the camping and caravanning community - sounds like them.
Yes, dispute between the Crinnion and Delaney Travellers.
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...309550699.html
Old Dec 28th 2011, 2:58 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sickntired
They're scumbags alright but not Travellers despite what our so-called Irish
" expert " says above.

Both families are notorious in Cork City but they are not from the Travelling community, either settled or otherwise.

However, anyone considering a move to Ireland should be aware that Travellers are a particular nuisance and responsible for a large amount of crime, particularly in rural areas.

If you think authorities are soft on Pikeys in the UK you should see how they use the discrimination laws in Ireland to evade the rules that everyone else has to abide by.