Reload this Page >

Moving from USA to Dublin with non EU spouse

Moving from USA to Dublin with non EU spouse

Old Feb 3rd 2017, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

pickett4690 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving from USA to Dublin with non EU spouse

Hi All,

I've just been offered a job in Dublin that I intend to take. I'm a British citizen, married to an American wife, and we are currently based in Texas.

We intend to fly in, and I'm just trying to understand the steps we need to take to get her a residence card. Do I need to mention we are moving permanently at the airport? Do you do the application for the GNIB card or the EU1 form first?

Also, as she is going to want to work after arriving in Dublin, how long do the above roughly take to process? And is there a temporary stamp or anything that permits her to work on arrival, or does she just get some time to relax and acclimatize?

Sorry for the overload of questions, just trying to get my head around all of this. This site really seems to be a great resource.
Old Feb 5th 2017, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from USA to Dublin with non EU spouse

Originally Posted by pickett4690
Hi All,

I've just been offered a job in Dublin that I intend to take. I'm a British citizen, married to an American wife, and we are currently based in Texas.

We intend to fly in, and I'm just trying to understand the steps we need to take to get her a residence card. Do I need to mention we are moving permanently at the airport? Do you do the application for the GNIB card or the EU1 form first?

Also, as she is going to want to work after arriving in Dublin, how long do the above roughly take to process? And is there a temporary stamp or anything that permits her to work on arrival, or does she just get some time to relax and acclimatize?

Sorry for the overload of questions, just trying to get my head around all of this. This site really seems to be a great resource.
The link below will give you some basic information on what you are looking for -

Family Members of EU/EEA /Swiss Citizens