Moving from UK

Old Jun 21st 2020, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Richard200620 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving from UK

Hello all
(I'm new to these forums so please be gentle)

My questions are fairly simple and I would just like some basic information first please. I know I might get flamed for not using the search facility or Google but at the moment I haven't got the mental capacity for it cos I have just suffered a bereavement.

Am I entitled to move to the republic being a born UK citizen ?
Would I be entitled to work in the Republic either self employed or employment obvious this is subject to approval but a rough idea ?
Will I be entitled to basic medical care ?
I'm not of retirement age but I have a fully paid NI record for a future UK pension which i believe I could still claim...yes/No ?
I can buy a property outright, are there any restrictions ?

I guess that's the basics. This would be a dream for me in my new circumstances.
Any help greatly appreciated
Richard.

Old Jun 21st 2020, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from UK

Originally Posted by Richard200620
Hello all
(I'm new to these forums so please be gentle)

My questions are fairly simple and I would just like some basic information first please. I know I might get flamed for not using the search facility or Google but at the moment I haven't got the mental capacity for it cos I have just suffered a bereavement.

Am I entitled to move to the republic being a born UK citizen ?
Would I be entitled to work in the Republic either self employed or employment obvious this is subject to approval but a rough idea ?
Will I be entitled to basic medical care ?
I'm not of retirement age but I have a fully paid NI record for a future UK pension which i believe I could still claim...yes/No ?
I can buy a property outright, are there any restrictions ?

I guess that's the basics. This would be a dream for me in my new circumstances.
Any help greatly appreciated
Richard.
https://www.citizensinformation.ie/e..._citizens.html If you are currently getting a social welfare payment in Ireland, it will continue to be paid after the UK leaves the EU, as long as you continue to fulfil the qualifying criteria for the payment. The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection has published guidance on social welfare payments and Brexit.

If you are a British citizen living in Ireland, you have many of the same rights and entitlements as an Irish citizen. British citizens can:
  • Enter Ireland without a visa
  • Travel between the UK and Ireland
  • Work without an employment permit
  • Access the public healthcare system
  • Vote in general elections
If you are receiving a payment from the UK (for example, a British pension) you will continue to receive it after the UK leaves the EU
Old Jun 21st 2020, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Hello
Thank very for your reply.
I believe I may have read this but was wandering if this was related to Northern Ireland and not the Republic. Or am I confused maybe lol.
I know there are many nice place s throughout the 'island' but my preference would be SW coast.
many thanks
Old Jun 21st 2020, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

as I understand it, what Moses 2013 said, applies equally to the republic as it does to the six counties in the North.
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Any British person can move to Ireland and all British citizens living in Ireland, have the same rights and entitlements as an Irish citizen. There is no difference made and it's related to Republic https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/
  • Enter Ireland without a visa
  • Travel between the UK and Ireland
  • Work without an employment permit
  • Access the public healthcare system
  • Vote in general elections
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Hello

Thank so much for this, much appreciated.
Obviously this is my first post and it might be my last for a while until the financial part of my current situation is sorted, but no doubt I will be posting again when I start the process of fulfilling the dream.
Thanks again
Rich
Old Jun 27th 2020, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The website posted by Moses is from the Republic - not from N Ireland