Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Moving to ROI with NON-EU/EEA family member, ongoing progress update

Moving to ROI with NON-EU/EEA family member, ongoing progress update

Old Mar 23rd 2019, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

lee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to ROI with NON-EU/EEA family member, ongoing progress update

A quick note to anyone about travelling to and from ROI, make sure that when you return to ROI that the immigration officer stamps the non Eu passport with an arrival stamp. We returned from a trip to Amsterdam to visit some friends and being tired I wasnt paying full attention, the guy gave us our passports back and as we began walking away he called us back as he had forgotten to do the arrival stamp. Just make sure you see it is done as this would probably cause some problems along the line im sure.
Old Mar 24th 2019, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

lee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond reputelee8889 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to ROI with NON-EU/EEA family member, ongoing progress update

https://businessandlegal.ie/wp-conte...ovement-EU.pdf

Useful link for anyone who is beginning the whole process, just found this whilst doing a little reading. Has a lot of detail and appears to be an official EU document. Would have been very helpful for us at the beginning of this process.
Old May 5th 2019, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Again a little overdue, but we finally received a decision and my wifes residence card was approved! EU Treaty rights stuck to their word this time and we received the letter on April 1st (thoroughly checked it wasn't an April fools joke before celebrating!).

So as instructed we went to the Garda station with our passports, the temporary residence card and the letter and were told it would be ready in 3 weeks. They stamped my wifes passport showing residence permission for 5 years. 3 weeks later and we have just collected the new residence card showing "Stamp 4 EUFam" and "Permission to work or engage in business" with the same 5 years.

Is a great relief to finally have the card in hand and be able to relax for a while! Has been about a year from us first planning to coming to Ireland and reaching this point, full of a lot of stressful processes and agonising waits. But looking back I think the whole process could have been a lot easier and simpler if we had come across easier to follow information, which is the main reason iv been making these posts is to hopefully help some others have an easier ride.

So do feel free to post any questions if you need some help and ill be happy to answer!
Old May 30th 2019, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

seun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lee8889
Again a little overdue, but we finally received a decision and my wifes residence card was approved! EU Treaty rights stuck to their word this time and we received the letter on April 1st (thoroughly checked it wasn't an April fools joke before celebrating!).

So as instructed we went to the Garda station with our passports, the temporary residence card and the letter and were told it would be ready in 3 weeks. They stamped my wifes passport showing residence permission for 5 years. 3 weeks later and we have just collected the new residence card showing "Stamp 4 EUFam" and "Permission to work or engage in business" with the same 5 years.

Is a great relief to finally have the card in hand and be able to relax for a while! Has been about a year from us first planning to coming to Ireland and reaching this point, full of a lot of stressful processes and agonising waits. But looking back I think the whole process could have been a lot easier and simpler if we had come across easier to follow information, which is the main reason iv been making these posts is to hopefully help some others have an easier ride.

So do feel free to post any questions if you need some help and ill be happy to answer!
Hello,

Thanks for the inform here
I got my a letter of Temp Stamp4EU today after just almost 3 weeks i sent the form EU1,
Luckily me i guess.

Did you travel on holiday while your wife was on Temp Stamp4EU?
Planning on going to Germany on holiday?
Old May 31st 2019, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Seun,

Glad you got that back so quickly! So the letter is asking you to visit your local Garda station yes? If so, once you go to the Garda they will stamp the passport with the dates shown on your letter.

We went to the UK to visit my family and took a trip to Amsterdam with the temporary stamp. Obviously I don't know every detail of your own personal situation so please do double check the rules, but as far as I can see you should have no problem making a trip to Germany. Just keep a copy of the directive handy with you and make sure that the passport is stamped when returning to Ireland.
Old Jun 1st 2019, 1:39 am
Just Joined

Hi Seun,

Glad you got that back so quickly! So the letter is asking you to visit your local Garda station yes? If so, once you go to the Garda they will stamp the passport with the dates shown on your letter.

We went to the UK to visit my family and took a trip to Amsterdam with the temporary stamp. Obviously I don't know every detail of your own personal situation so please do double check the rules, but as far as I can see you should have no problem making a trip to Germany. Just keep a copy of the directive handy with you and make sure that the passport is stamped when returning to Ireland.
Yes
I trying to book an appointment because i stay in Dublin.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Hello,
Got the stamp yesterday and the woman at the reception was really nice because i missed my appointment date 2 days ago.
I explained to her and she said i should wait but after some mins gave me a ticket.
The INIS officer was nice because she never asked me any question, just gave her the
Letter + our passports and marriage certificate
Waiting for the card next week
Old Aug 18th 2019, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Alex111 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi thanks for your information thats so helpful
I need to take my wife to Ireland to live there she is non EU CITIZEN im british how did you get the visa
please advice me also do i need to get any lawyer beause of brexit we dont have that much time
Can i have ur email please thanks alot

Last edited by Alex111; Aug 18th 2019 at 12:08 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2019, 8:28 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Alex111
hi thanks for your information thats so helpful
I need to take my wife to Ireland to live there she is non EU CITIZEN im british how did you get the visa
please advice me also do i need to get any lawyer beause of brexit we dont have that much time
Can i have ur email please thanks alot
Morning there.

It is best to not post or exchange personal emails in this way.

Replying to the open forum with what details you are happy to share is best.
If the poster or anyone else is about and can help they will post to you.

BEVS

Old Aug 19th 2019, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Alex,

Im happy to help any way i can. You can see a lot of the details on my previous posts, but the simple version of what my wife and I did was to fly to Ireland, inform the immigration desk on arrival that we are intending to follow the EU Directive 2004/38/EC (we had a copy of the relevant section printed out). They stamped my wifes passport giving her 3 months in Ireland. We sent the EU1 application form within a few days stating we would send additional required evidence when available (job, address etc.). This was to get a place in the queue for a decision which at the time was a 6 month wait. After sending all the evidence they asked for we eventually got a letter asking us to go to the local garda station to get a temporary stamp and residence card which would allow my wife permission to work and stay in ireland until a decision was made on the 5 year residence card. Eventually we got the letter stating that my wife had been approved and we could go back to our local garda to get the 5 year residence card and stamp.

Like i said that's the brief outline of what we did. If you let me know some more details about where you guys are coming from, your nationalities and what you are hoping to do etc. I can give you some more specific advice if that helps.

I'm happy to help with any questions as I know how difficult and stressful the whole experience can be. Even if you prefer to speak on the phone or something, just feel free to ask.
Old Sep 5th 2019, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Alex111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Many thanks for your effort to reply sorry Im replying late I seen your messege just now
I need to discuss lots of things a Im in process to come to Ireland soon as you know its so stressfull
for me and my wife how is it possible we talk on the phone such as whats up please
Thanks so much for your help