British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Republic of Ireland (https://britishexpats.com/forum/republic-ireland-88/)
-   -   Moving to Ireland from the UK, advice needed please . (https://britishexpats.com/forum/republic-ireland-88/moving-ireland-uk-advice-needed-please-910278/)

Greenie116 Mar 11th 2018 10:00 am

Moving to Ireland from the UK, advice needed please .

Hi, I'm moving to Ireland next year and I'm looking for some advice regarding jobs mainly.
My general background in mental health management but also worked in community recovery and social care. By the time I come to Ireland I'll have a Level 6 qualification in international healthcare and social care management which is equivilant to the Irish level 7.
My question is where would the best place to look for social care jobs? Are they out there? And are they more prominent in certain counties?

Thanks in advance

Moses2013 Mar 12th 2018 9:05 am

Re: Moving to Ireland from the UK, advice needed please .

Originally Posted by Greenie116 (Post 12460286)
Hi, I'm moving to Ireland next year and I'm looking for some advice regarding jobs mainly.
My general background in mental health management but also worked in community recovery and social care. By the time I come to Ireland I'll have a Level 6 qualification in international healthcare and social care management which is equivilant to the Irish level 7.
My question is where would the best place to look for social care jobs? Are they out there? And are they more prominent in certain counties?

Thanks in advance

There should be plenty of jobs. You can check here on irishjobs.ie and look under Medical Professionals & Healthcare Jobs.

scot47 Mar 12th 2018 3:14 pm

If someone lives in the 26 counties and works in the 6 counties, can they use NHS ?

Moses2013 Mar 12th 2018 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12460987)
If someone lives in the 26 counties and works in the 6 counties, can they use NHS ?

FAQs: Healthcare - Border People

Q3: I work in Belfast and my wife works in Omagh and we recently moved to live in Aughnacloy. The reason I am contacting you is to ask if we were to live across the border in the south could we still go to a GP practice in the Aughnacloy (in the north)?
A: As a cross border workers you are both entitled to access the NHS in the same way including GP services. Provided you both have no other income sourced in Ireland you are also entitled to Irish Medical Cards which would enable you, and any dependent children, to access free public healthcare in the south.

scot47 Mar 12th 2018 4:27 pm

Thanks for the rapid response.