Reload this Page >

Moving to Ireland - Costs

Moving to Ireland - Costs

Old Jan 29th 2016, 6:39 am
Just Joined

dannygordon3004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Ireland - Costs

Good Morning Guys

I apologise if this has been asked many times before, however i have been unable to find the corresponding thread.

I am a student in the UK at the University of St Andrews, studying International Relations and Italian. I am in my second semester of second year.

My questions are these:

1) Would £2500 be sufficient for one person (me) to move to Dublin (some other city) to set up and find a job?

2) What are the job prospects truthfully like? Would i have reasonable chance of getting a job requiring a degree? If not, are there many lesser qualified jobs about, and if so, are my chances of getting them better than, as good as or worse than here in the UK?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, i appreciate any advice given.

Daniel
Old Jan 29th 2016, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Ireland - Costs

Originally Posted by dannygordon3004
Good Morning Guys I apologise if this has been asked many times before, however i have been unable to find the corresponding thread. I am a student in the UK at the University of St Andrews, studying International Relations and Italian. I am in my second semester of second year. My questions are these: 1) Would £2500 be sufficient for one person (me) to move to Dublin (some other city) to set up and find a job? 2) What are the job prospects truthfully like? Would i have reasonable chance of getting a job requiring a degree? If not, are there many lesser qualified jobs about, and if so, are my chances of getting them better than, as good as or worse than here in the UK? Thanks for taking the time to read this, i appreciate any advice given. Daniel
When it comes to job creation, Ireland has been outstanding during the last 2 years and there should be no problem for a young qualified person to find employment in one of the cities, especially with a 2nd language.
Focus on Dublin, Cork & Galway and you'll find plenty of multinationals, especially IT.
Even in Dundalk, companies like Paypal always have open positions.

I would advise to find a job first and this is no problem online, as all companies do Skype interviews. Without a job, £2500 will go quickly and note that Dublin is very pricey when it comes to housing (depending on area), so it takes time to get settled.

I just entered Italian in Irishjobs.ie and 110 positions came up with Italian language.
Old Jan 31st 2016, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
When it comes to job creation, Ireland has been outstanding during the last 2 years and there should be no problem for a young qualified person to find employment in one of the cities, especially with a 2nd language.
Focus on Dublin, Cork & Galway and you'll find plenty of multinationals, especially IT.
Even in Dundalk, companies like Paypal always have open positions.

I would advise to find a job first and this is no problem online, as all companies do Skype interviews. Without a job, £2500 will go quickly and note that Dublin is very pricey when it comes to housing (depending on area), so it takes time to get settled.

I just entered Italian in Irishjobs.ie and 110 positions came up with Italian language.

You really do have no clue about the reality of getting started in Ireland. The Youth unemployment rate is still hovering around 20% even after all the emigration. I know plenty of recent well qualified graduates who are struggling to get any kind of work, and even when they do it's low paid.

But hey, keep living in your fantasy land.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc2015
You really do have no clue about the reality of getting started in Ireland. The Youth unemployment rate is still hovering around 20% even after all the emigration. I know plenty of recent well qualified graduates who are struggling to get any kind of work, and even when they do it's low paid. But hey, keep living in your fantasy land.
Not really and again let others decide. So do you think all of these companies are advertising for fun, but don't have jobs. Of course you'll struggle to find your dream job in rural Ireland, especially if there are no companies in that area. If you are educated, flexible and have certain skills, there are plenty of jobs in the cities. Getting started in Ireland is pretty easy and again it's location location. Especially in the IT and Medical sector, job creation is huge and languages are always needed.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bc2015
You really do have no clue about the reality of getting started in Ireland. The Youth unemployment rate is still hovering around 20% even after all the emigration. I know plenty of recent well qualified graduates who are struggling to get any kind of work, and even when they do it's low paid. But hey, keep living in your fantasy land.
https://www.siliconrepublic.com/care...gramming-sales