Moving to Ireland

Old Mar 4th 2020, 2:00 am
Just Joined

Ssapritchard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Ireland

I’m a british citizen, I’m entitled to get an Irish passport, but do I still need that if I want to move to Ireland ? -due to brexit and if not, can I move to Ireland on a work visa?

& my partner (non married) is a non EU citizen, what are the rules for him on moving to Ireland, if allowed ?

Thankyou
Old Mar 4th 2020, 11:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Ireland

Originally Posted by Ssapritchard
I’m a british citizen, I’m entitled to get an Irish passport, but do I still need that if I want to move to Ireland ? -due to brexit and if not, can I move to Ireland on a work visa?

& my partner (non married) is a non EU citizen, what are the rules for him on moving to Ireland, if allowed ?

Thankyou
If you are an Irish citizen you don't need (and in fact cannot get ) a visa. You have the right to live in Ireland because you are a citizen. Nothing to do with Brexit.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you are an Irish citizen you don't need (and in fact cannot get ) a visa. You have the right to live in Ireland because you are a citizen. Nothing to do with Brexit.
You mean British. Any British person (even after Brexit) can live in Ireland. Problem is the partner/spouse.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 12:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
You mean British. Any British person (even after Brexit) can live in Ireland. Problem is the partner/spouse.
No, she did mean "Irish" ... the OP said that they are entitled to an Irish passport.

I do agree with the implications of your post though, that having (the right to) an Irish passport is irrelevant if you are (also) British as you can go and live in Ireland anyway.

I am more intrigued as to why the OP has asked the question, as she also posted yesterday some questions about moving to Barbaodos and that her "partner" has just moved there (Barbados) for work, and he is Barbadian.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

So I’m a British citizen but I’m entitled to claim for Irish also.

but I want to know if I have entitlements to living and working in Ireland with my British citizenship alone..
without having to claim a Irish

and the rules about not EU citizens moving aswell
Old Mar 4th 2020, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Yeah,
my partner has just moved to Barbados
but being British and moving there is near impossible
so we’re looking into Ireland together as I have a lot of family there, and his job role can also be carried out in Ireland, that’s why I wanted to know the rules around moving
Old Mar 4th 2020, 1:51 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

my partner has just moved to Barbados but being British and moving there is near impossible...
It's actually quite easy, but you have apparently discounted that route.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Easy how?
I’m on another forum site with Barbados and I’ve been told to give up and look else where cos it’s near impossible
so if too have any advice it would be very much appreciated
Old Mar 4th 2020, 2:06 pm

Easy how? ....
You mentioned it in your own first post yesterday, in the Barbados forum, which is why I said "apparently" ... you mentioned it, then moved quickly on to complain about how difficult it is to get a visa to live in Barbados.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

So it’s not easy then.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 2:11 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

So it’s not easy then.
Very easy if you are married.

Old Mar 4th 2020, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

IF you are married
which isn’t something I’m looking into doing at the moment, therefore it’s difficult which is why I asked for advice for other ways
Old Mar 4th 2020, 2:13 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Originally Posted by Pulaski
No, she did mean "Irish" ... the OP said that they are entitled to an Irish passport.

;thumbup: The OP asked about a visa for an Irish citizen. That s what I was answering, not whether aUK citizen can live there.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 2:16 pm

So it’s not easy then.
That's an opinion, not a fact. ..... Unless either you and/ or your "partner" are already married to someone else.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 4th 2020 at 2:18 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 10:40 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You can move to Ireland on either a British or Irish passport. You can sponsor your partner for a spouse visa if you marry or a de facto visa if you have cohabitated for at least two years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.