Moving to Ireland

Old Jul 27th 2014, 9:38 am
Just Joined

daisyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moving to Ireland

My husband and I are hoping to retire to Ireland within the next 2 years. Can anyone tell us what it's like to live in the Rosslare area? We know Ireland both having Irish parentage but don't know much about Rosslare. We have a couple of concerns about healthcare i.e. will we have to pay? also recently read that the banks make charges on your account every time you use it, is this correct?Any information anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot, Daisyb.
Old Jul 27th 2014, 10:12 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Ireland

Originally Posted by daisyb
My husband and I are hoping to retire to Ireland within the next 2 years. Can anyone tell us what it's like to live in the Rosslare area? We know Ireland both having Irish parentage but don't know much about Rosslare. We have a couple of concerns about healthcare i.e. will we have to pay? also recently read that the banks make charges on your account every time you use it, is this correct?Any information anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot, Daisyb.
Hi Daisy and welcome to BE

I've moved your post over to our RoI section so hopefully someone will be able to help with the search. Good luck
Old Jul 28th 2014, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Ireland

Healthcare in Ireland - Healthcare abroad - NHS Choices

answers your questions about health care (if you are coming from England !)

Here I have cut and paste something from another source:

"Entitlement under EU Regulations

If you are getting a social security pension from another EU/EEA country or Switzerland, or if you are working and paying social insurance in one of these countries, you may qualify for a medical card under EU rules if you are ordinarily resident in Ireland.

You must not be subject to Irish social security legislation. This means that you must not be in receipt of a contributory Irish social welfare payment or be working in Ireland and be liable to pay PRSI.

If you are living in Ireland and you are the dependant of a pensioner entitled under EU Regulations, or are the dependant of a person who is working in another country covered by the Regulations, you may be eligible for a medical card. You must not be subject to Irish social security legislation (in the case of child dependants this rule applies to the spouse or person looking after them).

Posted workers and their dependants may also qualify for the medical card. These are workers who are employed in another country covered by the regulations but are sent by their employers to work in Ireland for a limited time."

Last edited by scot47; Jul 28th 2014 at 8:25 pm.