Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Latest housing prices and location question

Latest housing prices and location question

Old Oct 11th 2019, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Richard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Latest housing prices and location question

We're finally getting closer to our move to Ireland from the US in retirement. As I plan to visit and look for best places and housing costs, is there still a huge difference between house ownership costs in the Dublin area vs. the rest of the country? For example, compared to Galway, Cork, and Limerick? Those cities also look like good metro areas without the high prices of the capital.

I know some members here reside in Ireland, and first hand information would be much appreciated on what areas they chose and their preferences of location.