Kerry Dream

Old Oct 19th 2020, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Grumpyseagull is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kerry Dream

we are thinking of retiring to Southern Ireland and been reading various web sites on a 50k threshhold person per year and a lump sum of 250k just incase ( emergencies etc ), both me and my wife have visited Co. Kerry many times as my daughter is married to an irish man whose parents / grand parents come from co.kerry and we have fallen in love with the area.
Buying a place or renting is not a problem to us its just this yearly income thats concerning....

can anyone clear this up for me

thanks
Old Oct 19th 2020, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kerry Dream

Originally Posted by Grumpyseagull
we are thinking of retiring to Southern Ireland and been reading various web sites on a 50k threshhold person per year and a lump sum of 250k just incase ( emergencies etc ), both me and my wife have visited Co. Kerry many times as my daughter is married to an irish man whose parents / grand parents come from co.kerry and we have fallen in love with the area.
Buying a place or renting is not a problem to us its just this yearly income thats concerning....

can anyone clear this up for me

thanks
Welcome and the main question would be where are you from? https://www.citizensinformation.ie/e..._ireland.html#

Nationals who need permission to enter and reside in Ireland

Citizens of certain non-EEA countries must apply for an entry visa before they travel to Ireland. You can find out if you need a visa to enter Ireland. If you want to come to Ireland to live, you have to apply for a long stay visa (category D visa). You have to show that you have enough money to support yourself in Ireland.

When you have arrived in Ireland, you have to apply for a Stamp 0 immigration permission. This permission can given to people who have:
  • Income of at least €50,000 per year (If you are part of a couple, then your joint income should be €100,000 per year).
  • Access to a lump sum of money to cover any sudden expenses. This lump sum should cover the cost of a house or an apartment in Ireland.
Old Oct 19th 2020, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks cor getting back so quick...
we live in England
Old Oct 19th 2020, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks cor getting back so quick...
we live in England
I live near Galway myself and Kerry certainly is a beautiful part of the country: There are no requirements if you are British. You'll find most of this information on the GOV UK Website:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-i...at-you-must-do

Nationals who can enter and live in Ireland with no restrictions

Irish citizens and UK citizens can enter Ireland and reside here without any conditions.

Visas and residency

UK citizens do not need a visa or residency permit to live, work or study in Ireland. Under the Common Travel Area (CTA), UK and Irish citizens can live and work freely in each other’s countries and travel freely between them. Both the UK and Irish governments are committed to protecting the CTA. Read our guidance on the CTA.

Ireland’s Citizens Information service has advice about moving to and living in Ireland.

You must tell the UK government offices that deal with your benefits, pension and tax if you are moving or retiring abroad.
Old Oct 19th 2020, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

Good news....i will track down a government email or telephone number to confirm but i wonder what those figures are for......non eu countries?
Old Oct 19th 2020, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good news....i will track down a government email or telephone number to confirm but i wonder what those figures are for......non eu countries?
Those figures would be for non EU/EEA countries. Since the UK has an agreement with Ireland, nothing will change.
https://www.citizensinformation.ie/e..._citizens.html
Old Oct 19th 2020, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Lovely....
thanks for your help
Old Oct 22nd 2020, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

When The Irish Free State was set up arrangements were made and have continued tpo allow citizens. of The UK and the Free State to move freely. A quid pro quo or if I may be flippant, "A punt pro pound" (although the punt has long since been replaced by the Euro !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common...stem_from_2021

Last edited by scot47; Oct 22nd 2020 at 8:35 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 6:17 am
Just Joined

Lovely...
thanks for the reply and me and my significant other are looking forward to retirement...with a room with a view
Old Sep 26th 2021, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Islander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond repute

I came over from Orkney to Mayo over twenty years ago. Just like travelling between eg Orkney and Scotland. Easy.

Lived in Kerry a few years but my heart is in Mayo and I retired here six years ago to an offshore island. Just lovely.. Ocean and mountains all around,
There are of course differences as Ireland IS a different county with a different culture etc