Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Irish Marriage Visa Form Issue...

Irish Marriage Visa Form Issue...

Old Apr 21st 2015, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Sola1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Irish Marriage Visa Form Issue...

Hi all,

Need some help.

On a short stay (C) marriage visa they expect the person from the non-EU country to return to the country from which they came when the 90 days limit has passed.

Me (UK citizen) and my Filipina fianceé obviously want her to stay beyond that time limit and apply for a residency card because we will one day in the near future want to land on UK shores via the EEA family permit after making Dublin our 'centre of life' for around 6 months.

So, when it mentions your intended dates to enter and leave the country on the online visa application form and it also asks you to give a reason on why she would be coming to Ireland and to declare that she would definitely leave after the visa ends and they want you to show that you have strong ties (family/work etc.) back in the Philippines so that you will definitely return there!...

...well, can anyone help us know how to word things as honestly as possible so that the visa officer understands that we would actually wanting to be residents in Ireland without them rejected her?

Hopefully you'll understand because I'm having trouble wording my question!

If I've missed something and your not catching my drift then please let me know. Really need to get this sorted so we can progress as we have a provisional booking for the 23rd September to get married in Dublin 2's registry office!!!

Old Apr 21st 2015, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Sola1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Irish Marriage Visa Form Issue...

By the way, here's the link to the online application...

https://www.visas.inis.gov.ie/avats/OnlineHome2.aspx

If you can just take a look at it and the things I've mentioned in my question appear on the first page of the application. You need to tick the box at the bottom of the page where it says before it begins the process...

I have read the above information and all the relevant guidance notes contained in all of the above links.