Ireland

Old Apr 28th 2014, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

priory20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ireland

Can anyone please give me some advice on moving to Southern Ireland area Letterkenny please?
Old Apr 29th 2014, 3:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ireland

Hi and welcome to BE

As you have a specific question, I've moved your post to the correct section as the welcome inn is more general introductions

Hopefully the members here will be able to offer some advice on the area - good luck with your move!
Old Apr 29th 2014, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

What do you need to know?
Old Apr 30th 2014, 9:26 am
Just Joined

priory20 is an unknown quantity at this point

What is Limerick and Letterkenny like to live?
Old Apr 30th 2014, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by priory20
Can't really say, as I've never lived there. Been to Limerick a few times and it has a bad reputation, but didn't notice anything that wouldn't happen in any other city. It had a bit of a UK feel in my opinion and there seem to be a few housing estates that one should avoid (a few hot spots I've heard). It's quite industrial, but actually found the shopping centres better than what we have in Galway and better cycling opportunities. The countryside around Limerick is nice and you have a good connection thanks to the motorway. I think unemployment is still pretty high and because of some estates (certain groups, that are also in town) Limerick probably has this reputation. I think investment is happening again and it would be wrong to judge a city just because it has a bad reputation. In the UK there are loads of cities that are worse and it's not New York either. It probably depends what backround you have and what you're looking for.

Last edited by Moses2013; Apr 30th 2014 at 11:59 am.
Old May 3rd 2014, 2:11 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone please give me some advice on moving to Southern Ireland area Letterkenny please?
"Southern Ireland" is the name given to the autonomous region of the United Kingdom from 1921 to 1922.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Ireland

The correct name of the country, in the English language, is Ireland. It may also be described as "Republic of Ireland".

Last edited by JAJ; May 3rd 2014 at 2:14 am.
Old May 3rd 2014, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

I cannot believe that someone has the time to write this kind of response.

Lots of people call it (albeit incorrectly) "Southern Ireland", including lots of the people I worked with in Northern Ireland.
Old May 3rd 2014, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

terrygees366 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chaoclive
I cannot believe that someone has the time to write this kind of response.

Lots of people call it (albeit incorrectly) "Southern Ireland", including lots of the people I worked with in Northern Ireland.
With an average of more than nine posts a day, on this forum, over the last ten years he, obviously, doesn't get out much.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 11:53 am
Just Joined

AdrianIre is an unknown quantity at this point

Best advice I can give you is not to call it Southern Ireland...especially since Letterkenny is one of the most northerly towns in the Republic of Ireland. At least have enough respect to learn the name of the country you are planning on moving to.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

mrhappygolucky will become famous soon enoughmrhappygolucky will become famous soon enough

Limerick is 207 miles from Letterkenny, and would take over 4hrs 30 mins to drive. So why don't you live in one and work in the other? I suppose you'll want to know what the middle bit's like now.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrhappygolucky
Limerick is 207 miles from Letterkenny, and would take over 4hrs 30 mins to drive. So why don't you live in one and work in the other? I suppose you'll want to know what the middle bit's like now.
Really helpful...
---------

OP: sorry I haven't lived in either or them but I've heard average reports about Letterkenny. There are a few big companies, including an American IT company (forgot the name). Not sure about Limerick.

Hope it all works out.
Old Jul 26th 2014, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

mrhappygolucky will become famous soon enoughmrhappygolucky will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chaoclive
Really helpful...
---------

OP: sorry I haven't lived in either or them but I've heard average reports about Letterkenny. There are a few big companies, including an American IT company (forgot the name). Not sure about Limerick.

Hope it all works out.
These people are pure ****** messers, that's why they don't get proper answers.