Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

IMMIGRATING TO IRELAND FROM SA BUT BRITISH PASSPORT HOLDERS

IMMIGRATING TO IRELAND FROM SA BUT BRITISH PASSPORT HOLDERS

Old Feb 12th 2016, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Zelda247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IMMIGRATING TO IRELAND FROM SA BUT BRITISH PASSPORT HOLDERS

I would highly recommend your parents consider the Britain or Northern Ireland. The Irish Health system is a joke. Please don't make the same mistake as we did and retire here.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot use the NHS in Northern Ireland if you are ordinarily resident in the Republic. You have to choose between De Valera and Nye Bevan !
Moses seems to be unaware of the fact that Donegal is in the Republic and Derry is in Northern Ireland. Two different jurisdictions with two different Health Services.

Last edited by scot47; Feb 12th 2016 at 9:48 am.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zelda247
I would highly recommend your parents consider the Britain or Northern Ireland. The Irish Health system is a joke. Please don't make the same mistake as we did and retire here.
She's back . Again, how do you know how health services are in Northern Ireland if you've never experienced it? Even in Northern Ireland you could be waiting very long. Fact is that you can get good/bad service everywhere.

Luckily we are in the EU and have choices (cross-border healthcare).Rather than moaning, have you actually started filling out your form??????
Loophole that lets you beat hospital operation queues - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
Old Feb 12th 2016, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
You cannot use the NHS in Northern Ireland if you are ordinarily resident in the Republic. You have to choose between De Valera and Nye Bevan !Moses seems to be unaware of the fact that Donegal is in the Republic and Derry is in Northern Ireland. Two different jurisdictions with two different Health Services.
Do you actually read????????????????????????? Again, each case is different, but I am resident in the Republic and can even get treatment in the UK/Germany etc. People with a UK State Pension can fill out a S1 form.

It's no offence, but why do people want to make it difficult. Life can be very easy if you listen and learn.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

For hospital operations. How does that help if I live in Cork and want a GP ? I will drive up to Belfast and ask for treatment for my piles ?I was reading when you were still in nappies, laddie !
Now away and tell those loons in Fianna Fail and Fine Gael that they should set up a civilised State Health Service in the 26 Counties.

Last edited by scot47; Feb 12th 2016 at 10:03 am.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

For hospital operations. How does that help if I live in Cork and want a GP ? I will drive up to Belfast and ask for treatment for my piles ?I was reading when you were still in nappies, laddie !Now away and tell those loons in Fianna Fail and Fine Gael that they should set up a civilised State Health Service in the 26 Counties.
If you live in Cork and want a GP, you can go to Cork if you wish.If you need an operation and waiting times are too long in Cork, you can ask your GP to submit the application for the operation anywhere in Europe.Loophole that lets you beat hospital operation queues - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
As they say in the article, even GP's aren't aware of it. Isn't it great to be in the EU
When do you ever get a Thank you here
Old Feb 12th 2016, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here is the official information for Irish Citizens, so everything is covered.I hope that some people will finally do their research and only moan when they've actually tried everything
HSE.ie - Accessing Healthcare Abroad under CBD
Old Feb 12th 2016, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Please don't listen to Moses, as you can see he is on another planet to the rest of the contributors to the forum. Please tell your parents to opt for a good health service and go to the UK or Northern Ireland. From an experience point of view I lived in the UK for 20 years from 1995-2015 plus I have friends and family who live in Derry and Belfast so I am very familiar with the state of the health service in N.I.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The OP has never come back. Scared off by the lunatic Old Testament Prophet. Well done, Moses.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Please don't listen to Moses, as you can see he is on another planet to the rest of the contributors to the forum. Please tell your parents to opt for a good health service and go to the UK or Northern Ireland. From an experience point of view I lived in the UK for 20 years from 1995-2015 plus I have friends and family who live in Derry and Belfast so I am very familiar with the state of the health service in N.I.
The problem is that you've been living on another planet. It's sad that you really believe there are no waiting lists in the UK and every hospital in the UK has the same standard. Apart from complaining and always telling us that everything is bad in Ireland, you have not helped one bit.

400.000 people were on waiting lists in Northern Ireland last year and it's not getting better. Shock figure of 400,000 people on hospital waiting list in Northern Ireland - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

The Republic is just as good/bad as other parts of the UK, but at least I have posted options. If you would have listened, or at least taken the time to read, your husband would have probably got an appointment at a different hospital be it Dublin/Belfast etc..
Old Feb 12th 2016, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The OP has never come back. Scared off by the lunatic Old Testament Prophet. Well done, Moses.
Well no surprise. Why don't the few posting pensioners on this forum just change their signature to I hate the Republic of Ireland.

BE can be a great site, but it's pretty sad that most posters here are just trolls. Many countries can be great if you have the right skills, move to the right area and know how the system works. It's disgusting that some people don't even want others to be happy here, because they are miserable.

I've lived in the UK and other countries, now live here and any location/country has pros and cons. I don't get why people complain about something, you give them the solution and then they don't want to know about it.

I've posted the information about the cross border healthcare, but if somebody didn't bother to read and is still complaining, they can't be taken seriously
Old Feb 13th 2016, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Really Moses you need to cop on to yourself. I and the other posters don't hate Ireland I am Irish born and bred in Dublin and lived there for 35 years, I love this country BUT I and the other posters clearly see the reality of the Irish health service in 2016.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Really Moses you need to cop on to yourself. I and the other posters don't hate Ireland I am Irish born and bred in Dublin and lived there for 35 years, I love this country BUT I and the other posters clearly see the reality of the Irish health service in 2016.
Then why doesn't anbody take advise? Did you fill out the S1 Form, or did you get a referral? As I've said, across the EU you have the same rights and if the North is so better, why don't you use their health services? It gets on my nerves that as soon as someone is interested moving here, people say don't move here without knowing any background from the poster. There are some excellent clinics in Ireland. Even a friend of mine came from the UK to go to the sports surgery clinic in Santry. If you don't have the money for a health plan, then go to a different public hospital.

The options are there for you, so I don't understand the comments from people. It's quicker and cheaper from Dublin to Liverpool, than Newcastle to Southampton. Most public hospitals even refer public patients to private clinics if waiting lists are too long, because otherwise they'd have to pay fines. I'm not even going to answer mrhappygolucky, because he never answered my question. I asked why people with a British State Pension are still here, if it's so bad? Nobody could answer that..................

Be it Ireland, UK and other countries, you'll always have good parts and bad parts. Overall, we should be happy to live here and when you look at the rest of the world, you'll realise what poverty is. If you personally aren't happy with your location, all you have to do is move to another place.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Then why doesn't anbody take advise? Did you fill out the S1 Form, or did you get a referral? As I've said, across the EU you have the same rights and if the North is so better, why don't you use their health services? It gets on my nerves that as soon as someone is interested moving here, people say don't move here without knowing any background from the poster. There are some excellent clinics in Ireland. Even a friend of mine came from the UK to go to the sports surgery clinic in Santry. If you don't have the money for a health plan, then go to a different public hospital.

The options are there for you, so I don't understand the comments from people. It's quicker and cheaper from Dublin to Liverpool, than Newcastle to Southampton. Most public hospitals even refer public patients to private clinics if waiting lists are too long, because otherwise they'd have to pay fines. I'm not even going to answer mrhappygolucky, because he never answered my question. I asked why people with a British State Pension are still here, if it's so bad? Nobody could answer that..................

Be it Ireland, UK and other countries, you'll always have good parts and bad parts. Overall, we should be happy to live here and when you look at the rest of the world, you'll realise what poverty is. If you personally aren't happy with your location, all you have to do is move to another place.

Again Moses you just don't get it. We are not saying Ireland is a bad place to live just that the Health Service is crap and if I can make people think about this before they choose Ireland especially if they have existing health issues I am doing them a favour.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Again Moses you just don't get it. We are not saying Ireland is a bad place to live just that the Health Service is crap and if I can make people think about this before they choose Ireland especially if they have existing health issues I am doing them a favour.
No, you don't get it. Are you telling me that the whole of Northern Ireland has better clinics/staff than the Republic? You'll find that Dublin has some excellent clinics/staff and even the NHS sends patients from the North to the Republic (vice versa). Fact is that you are living rural and won't have the same services as people in the cities. If you want those services, you will need to go to other clinics, or avoid the busier public hospitals.

While the North might have NHS, doesn't mean that you will get better service and you are also paying for it (tax). Salaries are generally lower in the North, so even with a private health plan in the Republic you are often better off financially with the benefit of being able to go to private clinics. People are mixing up Health Services with the System (management). Even in Galway I can go to a GP on Sunday, while in many parts of the UK it was impossible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.