Reload this Page >

I Miss Ireland sooooooo Much :(

I Miss Ireland sooooooo Much :(

Old Jul 7th 2008, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Rossiters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I Miss Ireland sooooooo Much :(

Originally Posted by yummymummywright
Thank you rossiters for your lovely reply!!! Its hard to keep your chin up when every morning you waken up and think maybe today will be the day!! my hubby works in Russia so im on my own with a 4yr old & a 5 year old for 6 months of the year,It has;nt been easy at times but the thought of getting back keeps me going.I just cant seem to get any viewers through the door!!!!!!and we have the house on with 4 estate agents! and i have lost count of how many websites!!!! your right things happen for a reason and hopefully in the not to near future Ill have something positive to share,Im so happy for you that your sale went through ok,Enjoy your move and settling in,its really exiting!!! Ok off to clean some more lol!!!!! you never know!!!! thank you once again for your kindness x
Thanks! Totally agree with ya with the friendliness of strangers-one of the big draws for us to Ireland-Have lived in sussex all my life and hate the classism,back-stabbing and rudeness of the english(and thats the ones we regard as friends)!:curse:
How are things now? Any joy with selling ya house? If nothing else,by now it must be the cleanest,shiniest house in France!!! Fingers crossed for ya,all the best,keep in touch-The Rossiters
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

yummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the rough

Well I had two viewings in one day!!!!! hoorah!! the first gentleman said there was not enough land as he had two horses! fair enough,Then a lovely couple arrived unannounced,fell in love with the house and while they were upstairs the agent told me the lady loved the property but it was out of their price range but she thought she would show it to them anyway!!:curse:My husband just left last night for 6 weeks away at work sooooooooo not feeling so good today!! BUT in saying that my mum arrives on wednesday and will be laden with real butter,sodas,+jammie dodgers for the girls so I can't wait to see her.Im trying to remain positive about getting a sale and I am prepared that it just might take a lot longer than I originally thought x
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Gcauseway has a spectacular aura aboutGcauseway has a spectacular aura aboutGcauseway has a spectacular aura about

yummymummywright : Congrats on getting two viewings It must be a good sign indeed. Enjoy your soda (says she very jealous ) I love my soda toasted with dairylee cheese on it. Mmm mmm good.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

yummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the rough

Thank you Gcauseway!! cant wait to see my mum of course!!!!! but its the thought of the soda toasted with "real" butter just dripping from it is doing it for me...lol.Its a beautiful day and i have a lot to be thankful for x
Old Jul 25th 2008, 4:07 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

I just wish I had'nt of moved in the first place but felt the need to at least try it,I gave myself a year and it just has'nt worked out with every aspect,The school for my girls was like a romanian orphanage and when my four year old told me that her teacher thumped her on her back!!!!! well it was the final straw,The schools back home are fantastic and I can be sure that this kind of treatment wont happen to her again!!! I wanted her first school memory to be a good one and it has turned into a nightmare for all our family.My famly back home are praying, doing everything they can to get me back so its frustrating for them as well knowing I hate it so much here.Anyway what will be, will be I have to learn and be patient!!:curse:I hope you too get an offer for your house soon and if you do move to Donegal give me a shout and we can meet up with the kids x
I miss Ireland so much as well I don't care about the rain or all the other problems Ireland might have you get them every were else. Im only out of the country 7 weeks and as soon as the plane took off I wanted to get off I felt no excitement when we landed in Australia only dread and have found my self more often in tears wondering what the hell have i done I always said to my Dh ild give it two years the thoughts of it I am pregnant so I know that is not helping either probably adding to how i feel hope it improves after I have the baby in 6 weeks but I know ill be going home after our OZ adventure well at least I have tried

sorry just nice to here some one else misses Ireland as well
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Baby75
I miss Ireland so much as well I don't care about the rain or all the other problems Ireland might have you get them every were else. Im only out of the country 7 weeks and as soon as the plane took off I wanted to get off I felt no excitement when we landed in Australia only dread and have found my self more often in tears wondering what the hell have i done I always said to my Dh ild give it two years the thoughts of it I am pregnant so I know that is not helping either probably adding to how i feel hope it improves after I have the baby in 6 weeks but I know ill be going home after our OZ adventure well at least I have tried

sorry just nice to here some one else misses Ireland as well
Hiya baby75, just goes to prove that the grass is not always greener!!does'nt it lol.Your move though has been a massive one as australia IS the other side of the world from us plus you are heavily pregnant! congratulations by the way!!i think you are very brave doing all this when your hormones will be all over the place maybe once you have the baby you will see things in a different light, but!! like you I thought the same "what am I doing"I also said i would give it two years and I have nearly "done my time" and it has'nt got any easier,if anything its got harder.If you need a chat im here drop me a line.Look after yourself and good luck xx
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:48 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rossiters
Thanks! Totally agree with ya with the friendliness of strangers-one of the big draws for us to Ireland-Have lived in sussex all my life and hate the classism,back-stabbing and rudeness of the english(and thats the ones we regard as friends)!:curse:
How are things now? Any joy with selling ya house? If nothing else,by now it must be the cleanest,shiniest house in France!!! Fingers crossed for ya,all the best,keep in touch-The Rossiters
I think the Irish posters on here who are moving away really dont understand how cold and unhelpful people are in London. I cant speak for the rest of the country. It really is so nice interacting with all sorts of people in Ireland, from cab drivers, bus drivers and even conversation with people outside pubs. People seem so much happier and humorous than they do over here.

Baby75... give it time. I know its hard but try and enjoy the experience of living in another country. Ireland's not going any where. Best of luck to you.

Last edited by Londonuck; Jul 25th 2008 at 8:50 am.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 1:34 pm

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

yummymummywright so very true LOL Im going to give it a good try and hope i do ok plus having this baby and getting rid of the pregnancy hormones has to help a bit only im hoping it doesn't make me feel more home sick with not having my sisters and mam around . I know my family are coming over next june and Ild say when they do Ill only want to go home more so we shall see but I guess thanks for the offer to chat Ill prob take you up on that so when are you planning on going home

Londonuck so true as well and i know two years in the grand scheme of things ain't long and i know I want to see lots of OZ while we are here so im going to do my best any way
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 9:52 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

I just found this thread by coincidence. We are currently in Canada (came here from London), but in actual fact are not particularly happy here. Hubby is originally from N. Ireland and he's realised he wants to be there rather than anywhere else - and I would love to go to just to be near the amily...

Problem is we can't really go as I am in a field where there are next to no jobs in N. Ireland. It could take years for one to come up - though I did put a recruiter on the case.

Now we have the silly situation of not wanting to be in Canada, dreading to go back to London, but probaby having to opt for London as it is the better place to wait and hope for that N. Ireland opportunity to arise - I can gain better and more relevant experience there. Toyed with the idea of Dublin, but it's unchartered territory for us and even though I saw a couple of jobs I could do there, not sure if we are ready for another adventure. I also don't feel like chasing rainbows around the world!

Last edited by gotoronto; Aug 22nd 2008 at 9:55 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

HIya Gotoronto

Your situation is definitely a difficult one!!!! though reading your post I think Dublin would be your best choice.It is the only other place in Ireland I would like to live plus two hours on the train and you are in the North,could'nt beat it!!!Im off back to Ireland next week with a film crew in tow!!!!!!! it should be an interesting week,Really hope you find the end of your rainbow,good luck x
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 10:21 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gotoronto
I just found this thread by coincidence. We are currently in Canada (came here from London), but in actual fact are not particularly happy here. Hubby is originally from N. Ireland and he's realised he wants to be there rather than anywhere else - and I would love to go to just to be near the amily...

Problem is we can't really go as I am in a field where there are next to no jobs in N. Ireland. It could take years for one to come up - though I did put a recruiter on the case.

Now we have the silly situation of not wanting to be in Canada, dreading to go back to London, but probaby having to opt for London as it is the better place to wait and hope for that N. Ireland opportunity to arise - I can gain better and more relevant experience there. Toyed with the idea of Dublin, but it's unchartered territory for us and even though I saw a couple of jobs I could do there, not sure if we are ready for another adventure. I also don't feel like chasing rainbows around the world!
Try Vancouver, you may change your mind. ;-)
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 10:39 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

HIya Gotoronto

Your situation is definitely a difficult one!!!! though reading your post I think Dublin would be your best choice.It is the only other place in Ireland I would like to live plus two hours on the train and you are in the North,could'nt beat it!!!Im off back to Ireland next week with a film crew in tow!!!!!!! it should be an interesting week,Really hope you find the end of your rainbow,good luck x
Oh wow, did you sign up for one of those "moving back" shows? I would be up for trying Dublin, hubby says he does not know much about it, so is a little hesitant. Will see.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 5:35 am

Hello yummymummywright

any more luck on selling your house yet did you have your babies in Ireland

I had the baby she is a real treasure so good so happy with her but am now finding it really hard, hope its just the hormones settleing but think ive made my mind up Im going home before next june if I can help it

Just have to stay here and save some money check out jobs for DH to be honest we will work at any thing now just so we can be close to family

Ive just realised I want my kids to be around thier grandparents and my sisters they keep asking when are we going home and My 5 year old gives every one directions when we talk on the phone breaks your heart

hope you are having more luck getting home
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:20 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Try Vancouver, you may change your mind. ;-)
After you've robbed a bank
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:21 pm
Éireann go Brách

Originally Posted by gotoronto
Oh wow, did you sign up for one of those "moving back" shows? I would be up for trying Dublin, hubby says he does not know much about it, so is a little hesitant. Will see.
Im south of Dublin in Greystones. Its really lovely. Like a little version of BC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.