Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

I Miss Ireland sooooooo Much :(

I Miss Ireland sooooooo Much :(

Old May 28th 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

yummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy I Miss Ireland sooooooo Much :(

Sitting in France,house spotless!!!just incase I get a viewer that wants to buy our property!!! I say property because its not my home.Im from the North of ireland and I miss it sooooo very much,yes even the weather.I miss the friendliness of complete strangers!! The food!!My family and friends.the grass is definitely not greener on the other side and once i get back i will be in no hurry to leave again.
Old May 28th 2008, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Rossiters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I Miss Ireland sooooooo Much :(

Originally Posted by yummymummywright
Sitting in France,house spotless!!!just incase I get a viewer that wants to buy our property!!! I say property because its not my home.Im from the North of ireland and I miss it sooooo very much,yes even the weather.I miss the friendliness of complete strangers!! The food!!My family and friends.the grass is definitely not greener on the other side and once i get back i will be in no hurry to leave again.
Funnily enough that's what we call our house here in the UK too-our 'property' is currently going through sale(3rd time lucky hopefully!) We don't have to keep it in show home condition anymore, thank goodness! Your thread was lovely and positive to read though so sorry you're missing home as for all the same reasons you miss N.Ireland are the very reasons that are pulling us to Ireland!! We will finally feel as if we're going home too.

Good luck on your house sale-don't stress too much as it will happen-sometimes things happen for a reason too even if it doesn't always workout to how quickly you want it to. We had 2 sales fall through since we put our house up last year. The first buyer pulled out because they decided our property was too expensive for them. We just found out that the sale of their flat just fell through so in a way if they had stuck with us, they'd be letting us down months down the line and we wouldn't have found the buyer that we have now,who is a first time buyer, therefore no chain!!

In every grey cloud, a silver lining may appear!! Don't give up, keep polishing, keep dusting and keep showing your house! Somebody will bite soon!!!
Old May 28th 2008, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

yummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the rough

Thank you rossiters for your lovely reply!!! Its hard to keep your chin up when every morning you waken up and think maybe today will be the day!! my hubby works in Russia so im on my own with a 4yr old & a 5 year old for 6 months of the year,It has;nt been easy at times but the thought of getting back keeps me going.I just cant seem to get any viewers through the door!!!!!!and we have the house on with 4 estate agents! and i have lost count of how many websites!!!! your right things happen for a reason and hopefully in the not to near future Ill have something positive to share,Im so happy for you that your sale went through ok,Enjoy your move and settling in,its really exiting!!! Ok off to clean some more lol!!!!! you never know!!!! thank you once again for your kindness x
Old May 28th 2008, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

lulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to all

Know exactly how you feel, been trying to sale our house for 2 years here in Spain, dropped the price to give away price still cant sale it, so depressed with all and worried, we have a 9 month old too, we so want to get her back to civilization, the place is OK here but its not where I want my daughter bought up too, miss the green grass of home, we were going to go back to the UK but we have searched Ireland along time now, and feel it has more to offer us in terms of bringing up a child and friendly people, we visited Donegal and Galway since living here and fell in love with the place, its not nice being trapped in the sun if you want to be elsewhere:curse:

good Luck

Lulu
Old May 28th 2008, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

I just wish I had'nt of moved in the first place but felt the need to at least try it,I gave myself a year and it just has'nt worked out with every aspect,The school for my girls was like a romanian orphanage and when my four year old told me that her teacher thumped her on her back!!!!! well it was the final straw,The schools back home are fantastic and I can be sure that this kind of treatment wont happen to her again!!! I wanted her first school memory to be a good one and it has turned into a nightmare for all our family.My famly back home are praying, doing everything they can to get me back so its frustrating for them as well knowing I hate it so much here.Anyway what will be, will be I have to learn and be patient!!:curse:I hope you too get an offer for your house soon and if you do move to Donegal give me a shout and we can meet up with the kids x
Old May 28th 2008, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Rossiters is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lulu41
Know exactly how you feel, been trying to sale our house for 2 years here in Spain, dropped the price to give away price still cant sale it, so depressed with all and worried, we have a 9 month old too, we so want to get her back to civilization, the place is OK here but its not where I want my daughter bought up too, miss the green grass of home, we were going to go back to the UK but we have searched Ireland along time now, and feel it has more to offer us in terms of bringing up a child and friendly people, we visited Donegal and Galway since living here and fell in love with the place, its not nice being trapped in the sun if you want to be elsewhere:curse:

good Luck

Lulu
Definitely go for Ireland,my dear. Believe us, we've done the UK for the past 12 years with 2 kids and we've absolutely had enough! All the reports you hear in the news about the decline of society and economy in the UK are true and still going downhill. So for the sake of the well-being and education of our kids, quality of life for our family and our sanity, we're getting out!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Gcauseway has a spectacular aura aboutGcauseway has a spectacular aura aboutGcauseway has a spectacular aura about

Well Sista, I can totally relate to missing Ireland! It`s the little things we usually miss. Family, the smell of the ocean, the silly little tv ads, certain shops/food/magazines, the old buildings/pubs. Gosh I could just go on and on and on I think the key is to keep pictures around you that remind you of home. I have pictures of the Antrim Coast ... Giant`s Causeway, Dunluce Castle posted on my wall at work. So any time I need to get away I can look at my Norn Iron I also listen to BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio Ulster every day so that I can hear the accents. Now how sad is that???

Good luck selling your property!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya Gcauseway...I know what you mean,I have pictures everywhere of Coleraine and Portstewart on firework night.Im lucky in the sense that I have sky tv here so I can get the regional news and keep informed of all the scandal.You are definitely not sad,If that is what keeps you going then fair play to you,have you any plans for a visit in the future?I hope my next visit back"Home" will be a permanent move back!!!!.take care and the best of luck in all that you do. x
Old Jun 6th 2008, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Gcauseway has a spectacular aura aboutGcauseway has a spectacular aura aboutGcauseway has a spectacular aura about

I would love Sky TV. I do have BBC Canada and Setanta Sports so that I can watch my footie and other little shows. I`m always on the internet listening/reading about N. Ireland and Jimmy Nesbitt Darn, I wish he would leave his wife and move to Canada In Portrush there is an amazing restaurant called the Ramore Wine bar. Ever been there? It`s Jimmy`s favourite restaurant too ... see, we already have something in common.

I was back in October of last year but no trips are planned for this year. My house needs some work done to it so this year I`m skint.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Yes many any evening spent in the Ramore and Harbour Bar then on to Kelly's.AAAAAAhhhh memories!!!James Nesbitt is from Coleraine you know?? He was there for the Nw200, gutted now are'nt you,you missed that!!lol anyway there is always next year.I miss all my favourite haunts! The anchor in Portstewart for the craic, it used to be lethal any night of the week!!!! But as you say its the food!!!!!!!!!!!! I am dying for a good Indian and a decent plate of Chips!!! who's sad now......
Old Jun 7th 2008, 9:46 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gcauseway
I would love Sky TV. I do have BBC Canada and Setanta Sports so that I can watch my footie and other little shows. I`m always on the internet listening/reading about N. Ireland and Jimmy Nesbitt Darn, I wish he would leave his wife and move to Canada In Portrush there is an amazing restaurant called the Ramore Wine bar. Ever been there? It`s Jimmy`s favourite restaurant too ... see, we already have something in common.

I was back in October of last year but no trips are planned for this year. My house needs some work done to it so this year I`m skint.
Have you tried UKNova tv? Its using bittorrents. They have every UK programme from the night before. Could never get over how poor North American tv is, especially in summer. Dont miss that at all!
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

yummymummywright: Yes, I knew wee Jimmy was from Coleraine. When I`m in N. Ireland I make an extra effort to visit Coleraine just in case he`s visiting any relatives/friends. Part stalker??? I ordered the Series 3 of Cold Feet which I watch once in awhile to see Jimmy in his younger days. Oh and as for missing a nice curry and chips I can totally relate. That is the first meal I want when returning. Along with some toasted soda, lilt, hula hoops, minstrels ... (it`s no wonder I put on weight )

Londonuck: I`ve not heard of UKNova tv but I`ll be doing a google to see if I can find out any more about it. It`s the humour I miss. North Americans simply don`t get it or have a clue. Ooops, did I say that?
Old Jun 9th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

irish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really nice

Hi there all

I'm in Italy and desperately miss home. Married an eytie and have a boy of 9 so have no plans to move back.

How I miss the everyday things the people who you don't know who smile and start a conversation a good booze up in Belfast city centre fish chips tayto cheese and onion cadburys choc veda bread soda bread bacon and cocktail sausages I could go on for hours and hours.

Anyway to those of you who are going home maybe not as soon as you would like but you will be just think THIS TOO WILL PASS.

And good luck to you all I wish I had the option without causing havoc to my family.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

irish girl in italy: It`s funny all the little things that you miss ... I can totally relate. I have a little travel fund jar that I`m constantly putting money into. Just so that I`m partially ready for finding a cheap flight . I want to be ready!!!!! Or as I did last week, I visit the british sweet shop and spend $40 on hula hoops, cheese n onion crisps, minstrels, breakaway bars . I was supposed to be on a ration for a few weeks and well, everything is mysteriously gone

Do you think the missing ever really goes away? Something to ponder.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

irish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really nice

Hi there

For me personally while I still have family there it will never go away. But having said that I am lucky that in 2.30 I can be home so thats a bonus. How long have you been in Canada?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.