Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

HELP, thinking of moving from Perth (oz) to Ireland?

HELP, thinking of moving from Perth (oz) to Ireland?

Old Nov 15th 2008, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HELP, thinking of moving from Perth (oz) to Ireland?

Originally Posted by Baby75
yep i do, do you miss podge and rodge 11 oclock is just not the same

what part of ireland are you from
Oh I have podge and rodge on dvd.

I’m from Dublin, grew up in Crumlin and then went back in 2006 up until last year and lived in Tallaght that time. I’m not a nacker though....really. lol

What about yourself?

Mikey
Old Nov 15th 2008, 7:24 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
Oh I have podge and rodge on dvd. [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]so do we! they are so funny

I’m from Dublin, grew up in Crumlin and then went back in 2006 up until last year and lived in Tallaght that time. I’m not a nacker though....really. lol I believe you thousands wouldnt

What about yourself?

Mikey

From Dublin as well not to far from tallaght, Newcastle arse hole of no were one pub and a church mind you I never saw much of them if we went out it was to clondalkin

we came out in June to the sunshine coast heading home in February are you heading back to Ireland your self

I take it you dont like perth !
Old Nov 15th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

From Dublin as well not to far from tallaght, Newcastle arse hole of no were one pub and a church mind you I never saw much of them if we went out it was to clondalkin

we came out in June to the sunshine coast heading home in February are you heading back to Ireland your self

I take it you dont like perth !
Ah, good oul Clondalkin!

You lucky sods, heading back in February. We are off in July, but not to Ireland, heading to France (Paris) as we love it there and it always felt like home to us and we always wanted to take the challenge and dive into a move there, so we thought what the heck, Australia isn’t home for us, so let’s go for it. Got our ticket and both very excited nothing to lose (we gave up everything to come back to Oz).... if it goes to the dogs and doesn’t work out in France then we’ll head back to Ireland – both loved it there, or give a stab at another European country, who knows? Where ever we end up we have realised Europe is our home, not Oz.

Great place, just not for us.

As for Perth......the less said about that place the better! lol.... Sydney is great though.

How come you guys are heading back? Going back to Dublin?

Mikey
Old Nov 15th 2008, 9:37 am
Banned

Blackberry is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know how you thought moving to Ireland from the UK would be better financially for you as you get so much in the UK and its a well know fact Ireland has gotten very expensive the last few years.

I'm sad to see you so negative but can understand I'm in Australia and feel the same about here it has some good points and bad but its not for me and we are making plans to come home to Ireland warts and all although I lived in Dublin and I think life there is a lot different than living in Mayo or else were in Ireland.

good luck with your move back and hope you can enjoy the rest of your time there
Sorry Baby75, somehow I missed your response. You have shown that it is perfectly possible to disagree with someone's point of view without resorting to being rude or patronising. Others ought to take note...

As I'm sure you, and others on here, will agree, no amount of 'research' prepares you for the actual reality of living somewhere new. Many people will be reading this thread dreaming of a new life in the beautiful irish countryside and many people, like me, will find out that it's not all that it's cracked up to be. The TV programmes and glossy magazines dont tell you about the foul stench of silage, the dark, dangerous, unlit, narrow country roads, the complete absence of pavements making it impossible to walk anywhere, the frustration of being stuck behind a tractor for ages, the feeling of isolation and loneliness etc. because these realities dont 'sell the dream'. So many people visit forums like these hoping for a more balanced view - the 'warts an' all' view as you put it. Those of us who dare to contribute the the downsides of living in Ireland ought to be able to do so without being shot down in flames by those who clearly think they have the only opinion that matters.

I'm sure that living in a city like Dublin, Cork, Galway etc. is very different. Heck, even I like Galway, but is very very very expensive. Apparently the average cost of a 3 bed semi in Galway is now €800,000!!

So yes, we will be 'going back to where we came from' and thanks for your good wishes. Good luck to you and yours too
Old Nov 15th 2008, 10:22 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

TV licence in UK is to pay for no ads on BBC. It was shock here cos there are ads on Irish tv. Believe me i never moaned about it while in London cos i love the beeb. I had North American tv for 7 years and i would of paid twice as much to get it over there.

There is simmering racism going on over here. I suppose its not surprising cos immigrants are still relatively new. Some of the stuff my cousins and older family members are saying is probably similar to the UK in the '50's. No matter what the downsides are of living in Ireland, i'd still rather be here than back in England. Plus you cant really get a true balance at the moment cos of this downturn.

I also think the way Blackberry feels about his move to Ireland and the frustrations he's encountered is probably similar to the way your Australian adventure has panned out. And please dont take that as a dig.

Crumlin, Tallaght? Where next, Ballymun?!

Last edited by Londonuck; Nov 15th 2008 at 11:35 am.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 11:59 am

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blackberry
Sorry Baby75, somehow I missed your response. You have shown that it is perfectly possible to disagree with someone's point of view without resorting to being rude or patronising. Others ought to take note...

As I'm sure you, and others on here, will agree, no amount of 'research' prepares you for the actual reality of living somewhere new. Many people will be reading this thread dreaming of a new life in the beautiful irish countryside and many people, like me, will find out that it's not all that it's cracked up to be. The TV programmes and glossy magazines dont tell you about the foul stench of silage, the dark, dangerous, unlit, narrow country roads, the complete absence of pavements making it impossible to walk anywhere, the frustration of being stuck behind a tractor for ages, the feeling of isolation and loneliness etc country drivers yep they are mad alright country living at its Best or worst if its not for you it would drive you mad because these realities dont 'sell the dream'. So many people visit forums like these hoping for a more balanced view - the 'warts an' all' view as you put it. Those of us who dare to contribute the the downsides of living in Ireland ought to be able to do so without being shot down in flames by those who clearly think they have the only opinion that matters.

I'm sure that living in a city like Dublin, Cork, Galway etc. is very different. Heck, even I like Galway, but is very very very expensive. Apparently the average cost of a 3 bed semi in Galway is now €800,000!!

So yes, we will be 'going back to where we came from' and thanks for your good wishes. Good luck to you and yours too
Thanks , has the recession not lowered the house prices yet in Galway I know looking at were I come from in dublin they are dropping all the time and so are rentals as that what we will be doing when we come home.

if you were used to city life in London ild say it was some shock living in Mayo were about are you. did you think of Dublin at all when you came over I really think you would have found it a lot easier to settle and probably be happier. if you dont mind me asking how come you picked Mayo

The smell of silage you have to grow up with that for it not to bother you all right

I know this might seem mad to you but ild give any thing to smell the stinky sliage or be on the country roads again.

I think it doesnt matter were you are every country has its problems. some things you have mentioned I could say the same about here and other say the same about the UK every country has its bad points but if your not happy then its time to return to were your heart really calls home.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
Ah, good oul Clondalkin!

You lucky sods, heading back in February. We are off in July, but not to Ireland, heading to France (Paris) as we love it there and it always felt like home to us and we always wanted to take the challenge and dive into a move there, so we thought what the heck, Australia isn’t home for us, so let’s go for it. Got our ticket and both very excited nothing to lose (we gave up everything to come back to Oz).... if it goes to the dogs and doesn’t work out in France then we’ll head back to Ireland – both loved it there, or give a stab at another European country, who knows? Where ever we end up we have realised Europe is our home, not Oz.

Great place, just not for us.

As for Perth......the less said about that place the better! lol.... Sydney is great though.

How come you guys are heading back? Going back to Dublin?

Mikey

Same as you i guess , great place but not for us. also with 4 young children its not easy with out family support, so homesickness as well.

yep we are heading back home to Dublin and I cant wait it will be hard with the recession and lack of jobs but Ild rather be home and broke than here and homesick. actually with the 4 kids we are broke here as well but at home I have a baby sitter

Paris is lovely a beautiful city love it there I want to do some travelling around Europe when we can and see more of France.

Niamh
Old Nov 15th 2008, 1:36 pm
Banned

Baby75, I was listening to a radio phone-in programme on rte one recently and they said that Galway is the only place in Ireland where property prices are not being affected by the recession and prices remain 'strong'! Infact we originally wanted to move to Galway (Dublin was never on the 'list') and kept driving through the beautiful Mayo countryside to look at properties in Galway that we couldn't afford when we decided that we'd go for Mayo instead! It was more affordable and closer to the airport for our visiting relatives etc. We read internet forums, watched 'Build a New Life in the Country' and were seduced by the rose tinted view of country living which conveniently omitted all the pitfalls! Sure there are positives - it really is stunning here, you can see for miles and it's extremely safe but, for us, the 'cons' far outweigh the 'pros' so it's not for us.

Yes you're absolutely right - every country does have it's problems. We were desperate to get away from the rising violent youth crime and other pressures of living in London. But at least, whatever your age, race, religion, sexual orientation etc. you'll fit into the great big melting pot that is London.

I did everything right when I brought my car over from the UK. I have irish number plates, road tax (3 times more expensive than in the UK), insurance (30% cheaper than in the UK) and a current NCT certificate yet I have been stopped more times by the Gardai in Mayo than 22yrs driving in the UK (without a single point on my licence).

Go figure!

Thankfully our plans to build a house here fell through so we are only renting and can leave quickly. My daughter's horse riding instructor, (also from the UK) said that buying in Mayo was her biggest mistake as the mortgage is going up and up, they can't afford to complete the renovations they started and she and her husband are really struggling. They are both desperate to leave Ireland but can't sell a half finished house so they feel trapped. So I guess we're lucky

Take care

Last edited by Blackberry; Nov 15th 2008 at 1:39 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 3:00 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Well ireland Has its long list off problems , 1 the state has no Cash and there no money ...... i been home for a week and people are real getting pissed off with whats happen in Ireland , if you Irish and loss you job , tought luck , it 12 week wait befor you get any help for the state . yes house price are nuts in ireland , Dublin Galway Mayo , but no one is buyying leveing the state pockets empty , sale are down in the shops . ( think going to be lot shop gone bust in Jan 09 ) few cheap rents going then , now see this and hope its pick up my irish papers as the State still have cap this problem thought withdrawal of an automatic right to the medical card from the over-70s. ( my mum payed her taxs to the state to be told she been cut off . petrol has gone up by 10 cent due to extra tax , single person pay tax now have to pay extra 2 % . all this take money out the system
But if you Non National , you get very think free , free house free cars free phone with top ups , due to there culture i hear off person get a taxi to go get there hair brided cost the state 250 euros ... taxi to the next town and had to wait and cost off the hair job , thay walk in to the social welfare office tell the staff there right and what there intyments are (what there due ) when mate off my got layed of work last june and still has got one penny from the dole office

Sorry there no money in the states pockets , to pay any one i think it sould help its own frist out , yes paddy frist and work down the line then well its paddy that payed the taxes from day one
one story i know off is mate off my dads his wife need a hip replacement well on the HSE waitting list via her medical card she be 2 year - 3 years waitting for it but for 3,000 euros she have done befor the Christmas , that got two cars and will sell one to get the cash ( now there not well off ) so up for sale is a car , add in the loacl press , all the call that got was how much yaer and make off car , one guy come up in a taxi , black as the ace of spades sk how much the cars is didnt even drive are road test the car ....
he told them he back in 20 mins , time passed and he back with chquce from HSE(The Health Service Executive (HSE) for the amount there where looking for ..... there where so shocked and pissed off that told the guy sorry not for sale ...... now the guy has told them he going to take discrimination case againt them via the state Citizens Information . are that pay him cash and all go away

on sat last the taxi fare went up again at 12.00 am now i got taxi in two town cost 9,10 and top it off to 10 euros including tip

on my way home we got taxi back home the meter was 11 euros same trip but the guy out his calculator and add the new fare on top off the off the fare showing , when i ask him what was going on he show me the pice off paper from the Irish taxi regulator tell him the new fare rates and get his meter updated , still had got his meter update but was add extra 2- 3 euros on to the fare , now only payed him what was on his meter and told him any problem to go to the cops , now this drive was not from ireland but A******

he in Spain we lot porblem with them aswell and think we give out hand outs

i am not racist
Old Nov 16th 2008, 7:08 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blackberry
Yes, what is the TV licence for? Just another example of Rip Off Ireland! We moved here 8 months ago from London and thought the cost of living would be more reasonable as there is no council tax or water rates - but it's not. VAT is 21% so everything is more expensive. A report from the irish consumer association recently revealed that prices in Tesco and other large UK retailers are on average 28% higher here than in the UK (inc. N. Ireland). People regularly cross the border to buy large household goods because of the significant savings to be had.

You pay separately for bin collections (approx. €350 per annum), school books (even the school homework diary) and the school bus (children under 16 ride the bus for free in London). Essential services such as phone, gas and electricity is significantly higher and because, if you live in the country, you're miles from anywhere, you're always having to fill your car up with petrol because you're very dependent on your car as public transport is virtually non-existent!

There is no national health service. Unless you qualify for a medical card which entitles you to free health care, you will have to pay €40 to visit a doctor and for any drugs prescribed, not only for you but for your children too. You will have to pay for private health insurance which, like most insurance policies, wont pay up if you actually get ill because you can be certain your illness falls under one of the 'exclusions' of the policy

You'll miss the convenience of having piped gas if you move to the country - especially when your gas cylinder runs out in the middle of you cooking a meal or the oil runs out in your oil tank on a Sunday leaving you with no heating or hot water for 24hrs....You'll miss having broadband too as Ireland is one of the worst countries in the world for national broadband coverage. You'll miss being able to get things done because you have to chase and chase to get anything done here. You'll miss a social life because unless your life revolves around the church or the pub there's sod all to do here! Then, of course, there's the weather, which is ghastly most of the time.

I could go on but on a more positive note, we moved to Mayo and the Mayo countryside is stunning when it can be appreciated on the rare bright dry sunny days. Think Lake District. Most irish folk are genuine nice and wont walk passed you without saying 'hello' but think twice if you're black or asian. You'll be stared at by people, young and old, as if you've got 2 heads. You'll be told to 'go back to where you came from' with alarming regularity and your child will be bullied by the ignoramuses at school.

If you think that a good education is focussing entirely on what's in the irish text books and not raising awareness or educating children on other cultures, religions and the wider world, then yes, your child will get a good irish education - but will know little else!

Needless to say, we are already making plans to escape from here as soon as humanly possible because Ireland is definitely not for us. However, if your skin is lily white and money is no object - go for it!

Whatever you decide to do - good luck!
I was wondering,are you a person of color and if so what ethnicity would that be?How racist has the experiences you've encountered been? I have heard that the Irish in the countryside can behave a bit surprised when seeing a person of color but could that reaction such as staring be down to "curiosity" or out and out racism more often then not? I have heard mention of these issues from African Americans visiting the countryside of Ireland but not in the larger cities such as Dublin.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 7:58 am
Banned

YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
Well ireland Has its long list off problems , 1 the state has no Cash and there no money ...... i been home for a week and people are real getting pissed off with whats happen in Ireland , if you Irish and loss you job , tought luck , it 12 week wait befor you get any help for the state . yes house price are nuts in ireland , Dublin Galway Mayo , but no one is buyying leveing the state pockets empty , sale are down in the shops . ( think going to be lot shop gone bust in Jan 09 ) few cheap rents going then , now see this and hope its pick up my irish papers as the State still have cap this problem thought withdrawal of an automatic right to the medical card from the over-70s. ( my mum payed her taxs to the state to be told she been cut off . petrol has gone up by 10 cent due to extra tax , single person pay tax now have to pay extra 2 % . all this take money out the system
But if you Non National , you get very think free , free house free cars free phone with top ups , due to there culture i hear off person get a taxi to go get there hair brided cost the state 250 euros ... taxi to the next town and had to wait and cost off the hair job , thay walk in to the social welfare office tell the staff there right and what there intyments are (what there due ) when mate off my got layed of work last june and still has got one penny from the dole office

Sorry there no money in the states pockets , to pay any one i think it sould help its own frist out , yes paddy frist and work down the line then well its paddy that payed the taxes from day one
one story i know off is mate off my dads his wife need a hip replacement well on the HSE waitting list via her medical card she be 2 year - 3 years waitting for it but for 3,000 euros she have done befor the Christmas , that got two cars and will sell one to get the cash ( now there not well off ) so up for sale is a car , add in the loacl press , all the call that got was how much yaer and make off car , one guy come up in a taxi , black as the ace of spades sk how much the cars is didnt even drive are road test the car ....
he told them he back in 20 mins , time passed and he back with chquce from HSE(The Health Service Executive (HSE) for the amount there where looking for ..... there where so shocked and pissed off that told the guy sorry not for sale ...... now the guy has told them he going to take discrimination case againt them via the state Citizens Information . are that pay him cash and all go away

on sat last the taxi fare went up again at 12.00 am now i got taxi in two town cost 9,10 and top it off to 10 euros including tip

on my way home we got taxi back home the meter was 11 euros same trip but the guy out his calculator and add the new fare on top off the off the fare showing , when i ask him what was going on he show me the pice off paper from the Irish taxi regulator tell him the new fare rates and get his meter updated , still had got his meter update but was add extra 2- 3 euros on to the fare , now only payed him what was on his meter and told him any problem to go to the cops , now this drive was not from ireland but A******

he in Spain we lot porblem with them aswell and think we give out hand outs

i am not racist
All I can say is WOW .Sorry Ireland is going through tough times no decent person would want to see people struggling but blaming immigrants for the problems of the country you live in seem to be quite a medieval reaction to decisions made by the Irish government not to mention a misplacement of anger.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 9:35 am
Banned

Yankee, as you can see from the poster who claims not to be a racist - there is plenty of racism in Ireland whether in the countryside or the city.

This is an extract from Dublin City University magazine :-

Even though racist parties did not win popular support in the election, there is still a growing problem with racism in Ireland. An increasing number of racist assaults and abuse suffered by those whose skin colour or ethnic appearance marks them out, is clear evidence we do have a problem in Ireland. There is also a consistency in the accounts given by black and Asian Irish people or long-term residents in Ireland from ethnic minorities, that they encounter more abuse now than they ever did in the past. Attitude surveys carried out in Ireland would also suggest that we are not particularly tolerant when compared to other European countries. There is an urgent need for very proactive anti-racist campaigns.

Last edited by Blackberry; Nov 16th 2008 at 9:40 am.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 11:59 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Ireland is going through tough times , sad to see it but some one in the state over shopped and in time we fine where it went

yes i claim i am not to be a racist , but i hate when people rip off the system and go back for more, Black & White , what ever
Old Nov 16th 2008, 12:11 pm

I think people in Ireland are very unhappy with the way the country is run, I don't blame immigrants I blame employers and the government who made it very easy for any one to come here and get loads off the state. they get money for cars, houses, furniture every thing they need and are always it seem ahead in the cue than a Irish person struggling if the government put their own first then I don't think there would be half a problem.

employers take advantage of people coming here paying them lower wages and what happened they let Irish staff go because they could hire two men for the price of one not fair to the Irish or the two other men if you ask me.

I hope this all changes and I'm sure it will given time as some one else said we are only getting used to having different cultures with miss management from our government I think they have caused this feeling of unfairness and resentment in some people I don't think all irish people are like that.

I know were i am from there is all walks of life esp if you go in to Dublin city and no one blinks an eye. your always going to met the odd fool no matter were you go that doesn't keep their mouth shut.

its seen the whole world over
Old Nov 16th 2008, 10:27 pm
Banned

I think people in Ireland are very unhappy with the way the country is run, I don't blame immigrants I blame employers and the government who made it very easy for any one to come here and get loads off the state. they get money for cars, houses, furniture every thing they need and are always it seem ahead in the cue than a Irish person struggling if the government put their own first then I don't think there would be half a problem.

employers take advantage of people coming here paying them lower wages and what happened they let Irish staff go because they could hire two men for the price of one not fair to the Irish or the two other men if you ask me.

I hope this all changes and I'm sure it will given time as some one else said we are only getting used to having different cultures with miss management from our government I think they have caused this feeling of unfairness and resentment in some people I don't think all irish people are like that.

I know were i am from there is all walks of life esp if you go in to Dublin city and no one blinks an eye. your always going to met the odd fool no matter were you go that doesn't keep their mouth shut.

its seen the whole world over
That is the correct approach to take never a good ideal to blame the small person on the totem pole.Immigrants take jobs away from citizens in every country.You are correct to point out that lower wages is indeed the reason why employers hire immigrants instead of the national citizens who are less likely to work for half as much.Same thing happens here in America.There are people from Latin America,Europe,Asia and other regions of the world that work in America doing a job that could be filled by a American born citizen.Its never fair to blame the immigrant who is playing by the rules set up by the host country and employer.

I have no doubt these same behaviors are taking place in Britain concerning immigrant hiring. My hope is that all can avoid the small minded knee jerk reaction to a problem that results in the type of anger and scape goating of people.The person who jurdyr defamed as being the problem in Ireland is not the reason why Ireland is suffering tough times.Intelligent people must keep their wits about them.Hopefully jurdyr can learn to rise to this challenge and not surrender to it or be a victimized by these conditions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.