Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Help!! Cant make a decision!!

Help!! Cant make a decision!!

Old May 12th 2013, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

MTaylor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help!! Cant make a decision!!

Hi everyone, i've recently posted on this forum about setting up a children's day nursery, however would love to hear from anyone else who has made the move over and has a story to tell or offer advice. My Mum is from Galway and my late Father was from Cork and as a family we have grown up with the usual family visits and holidays over the years. I'm now at that point where we can make the decision to actually move to Ireland, the country we love and would love to live there or do we stay here in Bolton? My Husband has his own Window Fitting company and would be setting up his own business over there anyway and after 23 years of teaching I would be able to set up my own Children's Nursery. We have three children : 17,13 and 8 and they all love Ireland too and have cousins of similar age they would be even closer to if we did move over. We are fully aware of all the economics behind the country and jobs etc but just love the way of life, the culture and people these surely have to be great enough reasons to move?? Any advice or help gratefully appreciated!!
Old May 13th 2013, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

nolanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help!! Cant make a decision!!

http://www.earlychildhoodireland.ie/...dcare-service/
Old May 14th 2013, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Shazzer57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help!! Cant make a decision!!

Sounds as if your heart is already here. I moved over a year ago from the sunny south east and not regretted it for one minute. Of course there are the purveyors of doom and gloom and I had a number of those in my ear before I left, full of 'what if's', but if I had listened to them I would still be double checking my locks at night, not going out late at night and worrying about violence and crime which, in a once a nice suburban town, was on the increase. The decision was easy for me on my own and of course much harder with a family to consider, but, will you regret staying in Bolton in ten years time? If your whole family is behind you and you all want to do it then perhaps the decision is easier than you think, don't worry about what if's as that is just it, what if's may never happen. Good luck