Health Insurance

Old Jul 8th 2012, 3:27 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Health Insurance

Morally, of course, you have every right to return to the UK for medical reasons - you've already contributed substantially to the NHS through your taxes.

Legally there is nothing to stop you returning to the UK for treatment on the NHS - as a previous poster has said who can disprove that you are not returning to take up your entitlements as a UK citizen ?

Practically all you need is a medical card registered at any UK address.

Usually I'm not all that keen on people scrounging off a system that my taxes pay for but in this case I see nothing wrong with it.
Old Jul 8th 2012, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Phil Gull is an unknown quantity at this point

Folks,

Thanks for all the comments and discussion which i am enjoying.

However, is anyone able to comment on whether I have correctly understood the health insurance situation in the original post ??

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 8th 2012, 3:56 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla
Morally, of course, you have every right to return to the UK for medical reasons - you've already contributed substantially to the NHS through your taxes.

Legally there is nothing to stop you returning to the UK for treatment on the NHS - as a previous poster has said who can disprove that you are not returning to take up your entitlements as a UK citizen ?

Practically all you need is a medical card registered at any UK address.

Usually I'm not all that keen on people scrounging off a system that my taxes pay for but in this case I see nothing wrong with it.
No ..... legally you cant return to the UK and use the NHS system, but I would agree there is a big grey area. It IS classed as benefit fraud because you are claiming something you are not entitled to

To register with a doctor under those circumstances you need to produce utility bills in your name and a bank statement

Morally, I would agree with you, but unfortunately the politicians dont

Should we not get back to the OP's question?
Old Jul 8th 2012, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

sickntired is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yes, you can drive on a UK licence until it expires (every 10 years), and then you would have to make a false declaration to DVLA to renew it in the UK as you would have to use a false address, family address etc, and of course you wouldnt be a UK resident
The old pink licence without pic expires on 70th birthday.
Old Jul 8th 2012, 5:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sickntired
The old pink licence without pic expires on 70th birthday.
Yes they do, but most people have an EU picture licence, which expires every 10 years
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:12 pm
Banned

Joe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to all

I go to the North when I need any dental work, or GP visits.
I find the standards of NHS dental surgeries and hospitals to be far superior in Northern Ireland; when compared to the Republic.
Health Insurance is a rip off in my opinion. In the case of an emergency, a hospital will treat you free.
Most people I know fly abroad for dental work as it works out much cheaper.
Why would one pay 50 Euro to see a GP, when you can see one in the UK free?
I haven't had any health insurance since I emigrated 3 years ago. Its a waste of money.
I even saved 1000 Euro when having laser eye surgery in Belfast rather than Dublin. You will find the Republic is a rip off for prescription medication too.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Horus has a spectacular aura aboutHorus has a spectacular aura aboutHorus has a spectacular aura about

Must admit when I need an eye test for work I go to Boots in Belfast!
Old Jul 18th 2012, 5:20 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Passed all info on to the Gards, expect dawn raids soon chaps!

Bwaahhaahaa

twizzles 'tache.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Passed all info on to the Gards, expect dawn raids soon chaps!

Bwaahhaahaa

twizzles 'tache.
careful there moriarty, toronto ain't too far from my reach!!!!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2012, 10:12 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michaleen oge
careful there moriarty, toronto ain't too far from my reach!!!!!!!
You're probably closer to Toronto than I am Mick
Old Jul 20th 2012, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Londonuck
You're probably closer to Toronto than I am Mick
gigrophracy was never my favourite subject(or spelling).