Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Fixed penalty notice speeding in UK- irish licence

Fixed penalty notice speeding in UK- irish licence

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

chatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura aboutchatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura aboutchatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura about
Default Fixed penalty notice speeding in UK- irish licence

Hi All,

I went back to the UK for a funeral in April. Hired a car and have now received a fixed penalty notice for doing 38mph in a 30 zone. Notice says there will be a fine and penalty points . I have a full Irish licence.

Question is- have the governments sorted out the mutual penalty points system yet? Can I expect the points on my licence or will I only have to pay the fine?

I'm not going to appeal the fine- too much aggravation when dealing with different countries. It seems I was flashed by a speed camera, typically not one that had no film!

Any advice welcome...
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

chatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura aboutchatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura aboutchatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Fixed penalty notice speeding in UK- irish licence

I just phoned the authority that issued the fixed penalty notice. They have cancelled the notice because I was visiting from abroad . Cost me 95euro in admin costs from car hire company thouigh . So a word of advice from me, ring the authority if this happens to you and expect a huge fine from the hire firm..

I'm taking my own car over next time and will be me watchful of change of speed signs.