Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Cheap rent and lots of jobs?

Cheap rent and lots of jobs?

Old Oct 10th 2013, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Katy87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap rent and lots of jobs?

nwany decent people on this forum it's ridcilous if this is what Irish people or those who love there are like no wonder you all want to move to england
Old Oct 10th 2013, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Also I'm for England born here
Old Oct 10th 2013, 1:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katy87
nwany decent people on this forum it's ridcilous if this is what Irish people or those who love there are like no wonder you all want to move to england
I don't think you will find that all Irish people wish to move to england, far from it. However I can kind of understand why some people aren't taking you seriously. This isn't a good time in ireland, the economy is in dire straits and I honestly can't see that you will achieve your goal of cheap rent and lots of jobs - you only have to read the other threads in the dforum, and talk to a few irish residents to know that.

I can see what you are trying to do, get your partner to the UK via the Surinder Singh route. However you may have to look at somewhere other than Ireland, it may not be quite the place for you and your family.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I need to move to ireland so my partner from china can get eu citizen rights. I have a 7 year old son. What would be a good place to move with lots of jobs? But the rents not to high. It can be any job cleaning etc. I haven't worked for a couple of years been a single parent until this year was difficult.
You seem to have some motivation as you have found a Chinese partner, does he/she not miss their family and china? Ireland is really very different, what with the language, the accent and the people and history, not to mention the weather. The food is really different also, could your partner put up with it all?
Would Ireland allow your partner to live there, if the UK won't? I think the UK is in the EU also.
There are loads of Chinese in the UK, why can't he join them?

My thought is that you should look after your 7 year old son as well as you can and that your partner can make his own way to you if he is able to, after all, he is an adult I guess?
Old Oct 10th 2013, 9:17 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonboy
You seem to have some motivation as you have found a Chinese partner, does he/she not miss their family and china? Ireland is really very different, what with the language, the accent and the people and history, not to mention the weather. The food is really different also, could your partner put up with it all?
Would Ireland allow your partner to live there, if the UK won't? I think the UK is in the EU also.
There are loads of Chinese in the UK, why can't he join them?

My thought is that you should look after your 7 year old son as well as you can and that your partner can make his own way to you if he is able to, after all, he is an adult I guess?
Katy is in a same sex relationship, and they are civil partners, she was looking at Malta, but they don't recognise same sex relationsips. I think she is looking for somewhere to settle for as long as it takes to sort out the Surinder Singh way to get them both to the UK.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 10:03 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Katy is in a same sex relationship, and they are civil partners, she was looking at Malta, but they don't recognise same sex relationsips. I think she is looking for somewhere to settle for as long as it takes to sort out the Surinder Singh way to get them both to the UK.
I think so too, and I suggested in the other thread that the OP looks in the Moving Back to the UK section of BE! A helpful member AngelaV recently posted this link
http://www.surindersinghroute.com/
in addition to a thread on her own experience.
IMO no one in Eire or Continental Europe can help unless they've experienced the procedure themselves.
As mentioned in another post, the OP should give priority to her son's welfare...
Old Oct 11th 2013, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

The welfare of much child is not any ones concern here. Of course his welfare is important to me and he will be looked after. Really it's not anyone's Buisness on this forum.
I will be posting in other places.
All I wanted was a bit of advice on good places to settle in ireland with a job opportunity not a lecture thanks.
We have to move to another eu country not the eu Somme and my partner can be together as I don't have the finical requirement of earning 18 thousand.
She was a student in Liverpool for 4 years that's how we met I love in Liverpool.
But she could not get a job in the uk they don't seem to want as many international employees.
She is in china now saving to move to the eu with me.
She will not miss china and preferes Europe. The only thing she says he will miss is the food. She does not have that many friend or family after loving here for 4 years.
We just want to live and work together is it my fault I fell in love with a non eu national.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 10:53 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

The welfare of much child is not any ones concern here. Of course his welfare is important to me and he will be looked after. Really it's not anyone's Buisness on this forum.
All I wanted was a bit of advice on good places to settle in ireland with a job opportunity not a lecture thanks.
We have to move to another eu country not the eu Somme and my partner can be together as I don't have the finical requirement of earning 18 thousand.
She was a student in Liverpool for 4 years that's how we met I love in Liverpool.
But she could not get a job in the uk they don't seem to want as many international employees.
She will not miss china and preferes Europe. The only thing she says he will miss is the food. She does not have that many friend or family after loving here for 4 years.
We just want to live and work together is it my fault I fell in love with a non eu national.
If you have a son, either of you, you will need written permission from the father to move hime here, that is what people are trying to point out to you, nothing really to do with his welfare in the sense of his being looked after.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanks he doesn't have a father
Old Oct 11th 2013, 11:36 am
Concierge

OK, that's sorted then, just ensure that wherever you move to you have the birth certificate to prove it, just in case you need it.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 12:16 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
If you have a son, either of you, you will need written permission from the father to move hime here, that is what people are trying to point out to you, nothing really to do with his welfare in the sense of his being looked after.
I was thinking along the lines of having enough income, wherever you are, to ensure his welfare. You have also posted on the NZ forum and, as Europe is in the middle of a recession, unemployment is rife, and it is not the place to bring a child without a decent job lined up, maybe you should concentrate on that country?
We're here to try to point you in the right direction, not to moralise, sorry to have hit on a nerve!
Old Oct 11th 2013, 12:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just not sure Ireland is the right place, have you investigated moving to other EU countries at all?
Old Oct 11th 2013, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

We have investigated other countries but France ect language would be a problem. Other countries like malta don't recognise civil partnership. Would like to live in nz but not sure that would be possible as I don't work right now.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Don't have may choices its not easy
Old Oct 11th 2013, 4:33 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry, but in another unconnected thread, you announced that your son's father was from Crewe. Of course your personal life is nothing to do with us, but you have been asking advice on several different country forums, giving little snippets of info on each. Anyone interested would have to read your posts on all the forums to get a better idea of your situation.
Mikelincs is right to advise you to take your son's birth certificate wherever you move to (you'll need it to register him in school, for a start and for healthcare coverage) and if in fact the father has any legal tie with your son, you may have to get his permission for him to live abroad with you. Something else to check on....
Your situation is complex and unusual, and I wish you all the best in your endeavour to make your dream come true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.