Buying Property in Republic of Ireland

Old Jan 7th 2018, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

2018Mountains is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying Property in Republic of Ireland

Hi All,
A few notes from my experience buying property in RofI.
I am trying to buy a cottage in rural north west of Ireland and to cut a long story short it is mightily time consuming. There is a right of way for the property that has not been written into the deeds, this therefore must be addressed before I can purchase. It is taking many months, I am on month five waiting for the land registry to get their papers in order.
Be warned and good luck!
Old Jan 16th 2018, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying Property in Republic of Ireland

Originally Posted by 2018Mountains
Hi All,
A few notes from my experience buying property in RofI.
I am trying to buy a cottage in rural north west of Ireland and to cut a long story short it is mightily time consuming. There is a right of way for the property that has not been written into the deeds, this therefore must be addressed before I can purchase. It is taking many months, I am on month five waiting for the land registry to get their papers in order.
Be warned and good luck!
I am not certain if you're describing the issue correctly or if I understand it correctly? I have had friends in Ireland who bought apartments but the official deed from the land registry took 2 years. Yes, the ownership was registered by the solicitor upon buying and payment, but the physical paperwork was subject to rather long delays. These delays never meant that ownership wasn't transfered.