Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

British expats in Ireland with Irish names

British expats in Ireland with Irish names

Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all
Default Re: British expats in Ireland with Irish names

lost is it? there are an awful,an AWFUL,lot of red-headed,freckled,cheeky young kids on the no. 7 route and that cannot be denied,denise.(two d's there!!).
admit it,we are all related. donations gratefully received!!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michaleen oge
lost is it? there are an awful,an AWFUL,lot of red-headed,freckled,cheeky young kids on the no. 7 route and that cannot be denied,denise.(two d's there!!).
admit it,we are all related. donations gratefully received!!
tried pulling that one myself, they were having none of it, think thats why they moved to Donegal to get away from me
Old Feb 1st 2010, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

we moved to spain but the kids still found us.....reminds me of when i joined the navy in 1961. i was living in manchester,right next to uniteds ground in fact, with my parents. they had moved from ireland a year previously.
i was in the navy a year and had come back to manchester for a few leaves,when i came back just before i was due to go out to the usa. went to my aunts house first,and she told me my parents had moved!!!!!!
back to ireland in fact....my mum had written to say they were doing just that but i didn't receive the letter due to moving about so much.(thats what she said anyhoo). when i got home(to ireland)i played this up for all i could,for years afterwards. parents trying to lose me,poor old orphan etc. got me many a drink from the old man who felt terrible....
i also remember the first time i came home to ireland after i had been abroad(first time abroad too). malta was one of the stops. sitting down having breakfast with the old man,and talking about my trips ashore, he suddenly asked me "is the bing crosby bar still at the bottom of the gut in malta??". now the gut was the roughest toughest baddest run ashore in the med. and the bing crosby bar was the pits. and i suddenly remembered my old man used to be in the merchant navy during the war. so i clammed up about my runs ashore pretty quickly.
'nuff said.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

we moved to spain but the kids still found us.....reminds me of when i joined the navy in 1961. i was living in manchester,right next to uniteds ground in fact, with my parents. they had moved from ireland a year previously.
i was in the navy a year and had come back to manchester for a few leaves,when i came back just before i was due to go out to the usa. went to my aunts house first,and she told me my parents had moved!!!!!!
back to ireland in fact....my mum had written to say they were doing just that but i didn't receive the letter due to moving about so much.(thats what she said anyhoo). when i got home(to ireland)i played this up for all i could,for years afterwards. parents trying to lose me,poor old orphan etc. got me many a drink from the old man who felt terrible....
i also remember the first time i came home to ireland after i had been abroad(first time abroad too). malta was one of the stops. sitting down having breakfast with the old man,and talking about my trips ashore, he suddenly asked me "is the bing crosby bar still at the bottom of the gut in malta??". now the gut was the roughest toughest baddest run ashore in the med. and the bing crosby bar was the pits. and i suddenly remembered my old man used to be in the merchant navy during the war. so i clammed up about my runs ashore pretty quickly.
'nuff said.
I know sometimes we forget our parents had a life before us. I only found out my dad had been in Canada, Toronto actually, when we decided to come in 1976. He knew Young street, and told me where he had stayed ect: They were pretty closed mouthed in those days. I also found out her arrived in Usa the daya before the wall street crash, had to walk everywhere as he could'nt get a job, got so fed up carrying his suitcase he threw it into the river!!!!! needless to say it was'nt long before he regretted doing that. Luckily he had a family friend who took him in until he got work to get the money to get home again, he never left Ireland again until the 60's when we went on holidays to spain and came to visit me in Canada, and my brother in Australia, but he was never comfortable being away from his belovefd Ireland and always was happy to get back there, wish I was so content with my lot
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

and we think we have it hard these days. a calamity for us nowadays is if the dvd recorder mucks up...anyhoo, leaving ireland in my youth(aged 14)was a wrench but in another way,exciting. it was the done thing in those days,to leave and go to england for jobs etc.
i remember mates of mine from blackrock going up to belfast on the train in the late 50's. they had applied to join the royal navy and were given tickets to get there and a promise of a bit of a day out too. and that is the only reason they went up there. a fun day out. irelands biggest and best export has always been her people.
i hope you get what you are dreaming of,either a move to where you will feel at home at last,or maybe failing that, a bit of peace where you are now. i am trying my best not to get too hurried or rushed in my attempt to move. if i get impatient,grrrrrrr....
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:29 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgjamison
I know sometimes we forget our parents had a life before us. I only found out my dad had been in Canada, Toronto actually, when we decided to come in 1976. He knew Young street, and told me where he had stayed ect: They were pretty closed mouthed in those days. I also found out her arrived in Usa the daya before the wall street crash, had to walk everywhere as he could'nt get a job, got so fed up carrying his suitcase he threw it into the river!!!!! needless to say it was'nt long before he regretted doing that. Luckily he had a family friend who took him in until he got work to get the money to get home again, he never left Ireland again until the 60's when we went on holidays to spain and came to visit me in Canada, and my brother in Australia, but he was never comfortable being away from his belovefd Ireland and always was happy to get back there, wish I was so content with my lot
I feel a song comin on!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: British expats in Ireland with Irish names

ying tong ying tong ying tong ying tong ying tong yiddle eye po
all together now......................
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:10 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

ying tong ying tong ying tong ying tong ying tong yiddle eye po
all together now......................
thats two songs
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: British expats in Ireland with Irish names

a bargain sir, unless you have heard me sing.....
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:31 am
Éireann go Brách

a bargain sir, unless you have heard me sing.....
you should be on the stage...

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

hey, looks like me pulling the stage!!!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Love this photo, is it Canada with all the snow????
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:32 am
Éireann go Brách

Originally Posted by dgjamison
Love this photo, is it Canada with all the snow????
Nova Scotia winter 2008.