British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Republic of Ireland (https://britishexpats.com/forum/republic-ireland-88/)
-   -   Bombings again............ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/republic-ireland-88/bombings-again-817733/)

Kevrev Dec 13th 2013 7:17 pm

Bombings again............

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...re-617118.html

What with this and the recent car in a shopping centre bomb in Belfast I am wondering if it is all going to kick off again with the ira etc. Opinions?

AdrianIre Dec 31st 2013 2:25 am

Re: Bombings again............

Why post this in the Republic of Ireland section??? Belfast is in the UK.

Kevrev Dec 31st 2013 11:48 am

And the ira never cross the border?

scot47 Dec 31st 2013 11:53 am

They don't have to. A lot of them live in the North !

AdrianIre Dec 31st 2013 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Kevrev (Post 11056980)
And the ira never cross the border?

If you had any idea what you were talking about you would know that the Ira have only ever planted one bomb in the Republic of Ireland and it would not make any sense for them to do it again.

Kevrev Dec 31st 2013 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by AdrianIre (Post 11057177)
If you had any idea what you were talking about you would know that the Ira have only ever planted one bomb in the Republic of Ireland and it would not make any sense for them to do it again.

Just joined and already mouthy. You will go far............

AdrianIre Dec 31st 2013 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Kevrev (Post 11057714)
Just joined and already mouthy. You will go far............

I actually joined in 2008 but had problems logging in with my old account because it is linked to an email address that i don't use anymore. I'm just trying to correct your ignorance on the subject. There is far more chance of an ira bombing in the UK than in the republic of Ireland. Feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong.

Kevrev Jan 1st 2014 12:08 am

Originally Posted by AdrianIre (Post 11057799)
I actually joined in 2008 but had problems logging in with my old account because it is linked to an email address that i don't use anymore. I'm just trying to correct your ignorance on the subject. There is far more chance of an ira bombing in the UK than in the republic of Ireland. Feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong.

I didn't ask for opinions on if it was going to kick off in the republic. I asked for opinions on if it was kicking off again full stop.

AdrianIre Jan 1st 2014 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Kevrev (Post 11057913)
I didn't ask for opinions on if it was going to kick off in the republic. I asked for opinions on if it was kicking off again full stop.

Fair enough. I just don't see why you posted it in the Republic of Ireland section. IRA bombings have never really had much effect on the Republic of Ireland.

Casual Observer Jan 1st 2014 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by AdrianIre (Post 11057177)

I am curious to know if you are talking about the one bomb that killed Christopher Ewart-Biggs, or the one bomb that killed Lord Louis Mountbatten, it is very important for people that want to get an idea what they are talking about, know which one bomb you mean.

AdrianIre Jan 1st 2014 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Casual Observer (Post 11058594)
I am curious to know if you are talking about the one bomb that killed Christopher Ewart-Biggs, or the one bomb that killed Lord Louis Mountbatten, it is very important for people that want to get an idea what they are talking about, know which one bomb you mean.

Okay so there were 2. The point I was trying to make is that most IRA activity happens in the UK rather than the Republic of Ireland.