Alternatives to Airbnb

Old Sep 22nd 2021, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

jeanlenin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alternatives to Airbnb

I'll try and keep this short, I need to move to Ireland, I'm in the UK at the moment and my living situation is very uncomfortable (literally, it's freezing in here), I was going to hold off moving to ROI for a few months while I get some ducks in a row, but I'm beginning to think that I should just 'publish and be damned' and go asap.

So that said, I'll need to find a short-ish long-ish term holiday-ish place to stay while I find somewhere permanent, airbnb is obviously popular but is quite hit and miss I find, and this is just a fishing expedition as I was wondering if anybody had any experience with other options, I read a book about moving to Ireland and it recommended these sites....
www.datf.ie

www.rent.ie

www.myhome.ie

www.gumtree.ie

'Daft' seems to be somewhat appropriately named, and doesn't have good reviews (and I think is more for buying and renting), and gumtree I thought was more a place to look for roommates.

I don't know where I want to be located permanently (not Dublin or Cork or anywhere too expensive), but I also don't know if it would be sensible to just stay in Dublin temporarily while I travel to other options.

Any thoughts or opinions? Thanks.