Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Almost expired British Passport

Almost expired British Passport

Old Jun 27th 2022, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Almost expired British Passport

In a dual British and Canadian passport holder and I need to go Ireland (dublin) and then the Scotland in September.

Both My British and Canadian passport expires at the end of October… i read that because or Common travel area between Ireland and the UK that my British passport does not need to be valid for at least 6 months? Does anyone think I’ll have problem’s boarding the plane here in Canada??

Right now the waiting times to renew both my Canadian and British passports are crazy long so im trying to avoid it.
Old Jun 27th 2022, 12:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Almost expired British Passport

Originally Posted by celine_uk
In a dual British and Canadian passport holder and I need to go Ireland (dublin) and then the Scotland in September.

Both My British and Canadian passport expires at the end of October… i read that because or Common travel area between Ireland and the UK that my British passport does not need to be valid for at least 6 months? Does anyone think I’ll have problem’s boarding the plane here in Canada??

Right now the waiting times to renew both my Canadian and British passports are crazy long so im trying to avoid it.
You'll have to renew your Canadian passport anyway to return to Canada - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...it-canada.html

So may be able to just use that?
Old Jun 27th 2022, 1:18 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Almost expired British Passport

Originally Posted by celine_uk
The official advice on waiting times for UK passport renewals may well be very conservative.

10 weeks is what they say to allow but current processing times according to crowd-sourced info is a little over 40 days for an adult overseas renewal.