Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Adopted but wish to apply for IRISH PASSPORT

Adopted but wish to apply for IRISH PASSPORT

Old Nov 15th 2020, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Keithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Adopted but wish to apply for IRISH PASSPORT

Hi All,
My partner was born in 1963 to an Irish Citizen who gave her up for adoption in 1965. She then was adopted by a couple, the adopted father being Northern Irish, born in Port Steward in 1917 whose family then moved to England in 1931. Who is now deceased.
With these details would you know if it is possible for her to apply for a Irish Passport?
She currently holds a British Passport and has done since birth.
Thank you in advance.
Keith.
Old Nov 15th 2020, 2:23 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adopted but wish to apply for IRISH PASSPORT

Was your partner born in Ireland / Northern Ireland it is very easy.
In any event, if your partner has evidence that her birth mother was Irish citizen(?) then he/she ought to be able to obtain passport, see here>
https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/whocanapply/
Old Nov 15th 2020, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Keithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for quick reply.
No my partner born in England.
Old Nov 15th 2020, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

I wanted this to be in the "S P A N I S H" Forum as we are both moving to SPAIN late next year 2021!
Maybe I did not explain myself clearly. We cant move out before the dreaded Brexit deal 31st Dec.
But was trying to find away round over staying "the 90 days" till we move over there.
Freedom of Movement etc.....
Regards
Keith n Macy.
Old Nov 15th 2020, 2:45 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

No need to rush, I doubt anyone will check and/or care if you overstay post Brexit.

I think your partner will be able to obtain Irish passport, if her mother was Irish citizen, but doubtful if mother was NI. Suggest you contact via the link I posted.
Old Nov 15th 2020, 2:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keithtoon View Post
I wanted this to be in the "S P A N I S H" Forum as we are both moving to SPAIN late next year 2021!
Maybe I did not explain myself clearly. We cant move out before the dreaded Brexit deal 31st Dec.
But was trying to find away round over staying "the 90 days" till we move over there.
Freedom of Movement etc.....
Regards
Keith n Macy.
Your opening post was asking about obtaining an Irish Passport...therefore this is the correct forum to ask such questions.

Old Nov 15th 2020, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Missile,
Mother Irish.
The link is very good but the WEBCHAT not available till 9.00 tomz.
Regards
K n M
Old Nov 15th 2020, 5:45 pm
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by Keithtoon View Post
Cheers Missile,
Mother Irish.
The link is very good but the WEBCHAT not available till 9.00 tomz.
Regards
K n M
Is that not soon enough 4 U ?? <LOL>
Old Nov 16th 2020, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

HI Missile,
She has applied today via your link.
Lots of question she did not knowthe answers to, but was advised to join "Ancestry.co...uk!
Free to join for 14 days and Wow she could fill in the answers of questions of family Surnames and Christian names, So hopefully all good, thank you for the link.
All the best
KnM
Old Nov 16th 2020, 5:24 pm
Started off with nothing

Pleased to help. Fingers crossed she is successful