Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

5 years in Ireland now and wish I had stayed in the UK

5 years in Ireland now and wish I had stayed in the UK

Old Aug 31st 2015, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 years in Ireland now and wish I had stayed in the UK

A ten-year-old degree in Manageriology is not going to get you much - even if it is "Summa cum Laude"

I fell into a similar trap by doing a degree in a subject that interested me (Political Science) and then discovered that I was unemployable until I got further training.

And that was in thje boom years of the 1960s.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 8:33 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

There are at least 75000 job vacancies in the UK,
In the South west of the there is a shortage of qualfied applicants in almost every sector, vacancies snapped up by immigrants who are better qualified than some of the locals.
The moral is to be a better candidate than the others and not complain just because you are not.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

nolanger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by London Irish
Agreed.

At 38 years old, with a BSc 1.1 (Hons), and MSc (merit) I think I have served my apprenticeship now.

Would I work for 8.65 Euro per hour? No.
Get a well-paid job with Aldi/Lidl as a manager. Plenty of East Europeans to boss about there.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nolanger
Get a well-paid job with Aldi/Lidl as a manager. Plenty of East Europeans to boss about there.
Very true and an Audi included
Where will the best paying jobs be in Ireland 2015? - Independent.ie
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

mrhappygolucky will become famous soon enoughmrhappygolucky will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Moses2013
You all are a bunch of mugs - this fella was on here about 3 years ago on the wind up, he had a different name, but I recall the Carrick on Shannon link.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrhappygolucky
You all are a bunch of mugs - this fella was on here about 3 years ago on the wind up, he had a different name, but I recall the Carrick on Shannon link.
The style is reminiscent of the great ( edit) Joe-Soap) . He/she was great at causing a disturbance, articulate and provocative.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 7th 2019 at 12:08 am. Reason: edit
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 12:18 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Oh well. It was good whilst it lasted but I think it has all run its course now.

Thread now closed.