Go Back  British Expats > Usenet Groups > rec.travel.* > rec.travel.europe
Reload this Page >

Robetr Buxbaum r.i.p.

Robetr Buxbaum r.i.p.

Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:54 am
  #1  
S Viemeister
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Robetr Buxbaum r.i.p.

Long-time posters to/readers of rec.travel.europe may remember Robert
Buxbaum, who posted here for a number of years on food, wine, and
travel, and had a travel and food website at <http://www.worldtable.com/>.

He died on Thursday.
 
Old Jan 21st 2007, 11:16 am
  #2  
Joseph Coulter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Robert Buxbaum r.i.p.

S Viemeister wrote:
> Long-time posters to/readers of rec.travel.europe may remember Robert
> Buxbaum, who posted here for a number of years on food, wine, and
> travel, and had a travel and food website at <http://www.worldtable.com/>.
>
> He died on Thursday.

Always good on topic stuff, I have missed him of late and now it is too
late.
 
Old Jan 21st 2007, 11:24 am
  #3  
Padraig Breathnach
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Robetr Buxbaum r.i.p.

S Viemeister <[email protected]> wrote:

>Long-time posters to/readers of rec.travel.europe may remember Robert
>Buxbaum, who posted here for a number of years on food, wine, and
>travel, and had a travel and food website at <http://www.worldtable.com/>.
>
>He died on Thursday.

I'm sorry he's gone. Nice man. Thanks for letting us know.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
My travel writing: http://www.iol.ie/~draoi/
 
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:03 pm
  #4  
Deeply Filled Mortician
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Robetr Buxbaum r.i.p.

Let is be knownst that on Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:54:18 -0500, S
Viemeister <[email protected]> writted:

>Long-time posters to/readers of rec.travel.europe may remember Robert
>Buxbaum, who posted here for a number of years on food, wine, and
>travel, and had a travel and food website at <http://www.worldtable.com/>.

That picture on the front page looks diabolical!

>He died on Thursday.

That's a real shame. He seemed a nice guy.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
---
--
 
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:44 am
  #5  
EvelynVogtGamble
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Robert Buxbaum r.i.p.

Joseph Coulter wrote:
> S Viemeister wrote:
>
>> Long-time posters to/readers of rec.travel.europe may remember Robert
>> Buxbaum, who posted here for a number of years on food, wine, and
>> travel, and had a travel and food website at
>> <http://www.worldtable.com/>.
>>
>> He died on Thursday.
>
>
> Always good on topic stuff, I have missed him of late and now it is too
> late.

Yes, I always enjoyed his posts, too. I don't know about
other newsgroup readers, but I always appreciate it when
someone thinks to announce such departures, here. So often
people disappear from the group leaving no trace, and those
of us who valued their cyber-acquaintance are left wondering
what happened to them.
 
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:19 am
  #6  
Gregory Morrow
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Robert Buxbaum r.i.p.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

> Joseph Coulter wrote:
> > S Viemeister wrote:
> >
> >> Long-time posters to/readers of rec.travel.europe may remember Robert
> >> Buxbaum, who posted here for a number of years on food, wine, and
> >> travel, and had a travel and food website at
> >> <http://www.worldtable.com/>.
> >>
> >> He died on Thursday.
> >
> >
> > Always good on topic stuff, I have missed him of late and now it is too
> > late.
>
> Yes, I always enjoyed his posts, too. I don't know about
> other newsgroup readers, but I always appreciate it when
> someone thinks to announce such departures, here. So often
> people disappear from the group leaving no trace, and those
> of us who valued their cyber-acquaintance are left wondering
> what happened to them.


"Runge" was gone for three weeks and I was absolutely *beside* myself
with worry...

:-)

--
Best
Greg
 
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:42 pm
  #7  
Carole Allen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Robert Buxbaum r.i.p.

On 22 Jan 2007 12:19:28 -0800, "Gregory Morrow"
<[email protected]> wrote:
"Runge" was gone for three weeks and I was absolutely *beside* myself
>with worry...
>
Mixi's been awfully quiet also - but then he has been awfully busy
cruising the world in his planes - such a dangerous hobby - what if he
suffers a life threatening crash?
 
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:47 pm
  #8  
Miss L. Toe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Robetr Buxbaum r.i.p.

>
> He died on Thursday.

Will he send a trip report from his last journey ?
and can you drink the water up there ?

I am too 'NG young' to remember him but he sounds like a nice guy.

P.S. having put 14 posters in my killfile this Ng seems to be like it was in
the good old days).
 
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:50 pm
  #9  
-Magda
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Robetr Buxbaum r.i.p.

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:47:08 -0000, in rec.travel.europe, "Miss L. Toe"
<[email protected]> arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... >
... > He died on Thursday.
...
... Will he send a trip report from his last journey ?
... and can you drink the water up there ?
...
... I am too 'NG young' to remember him but he sounds like a nice guy.
...
... P.S. having put 14 posters in my killfile this Ng seems to be like it was in
... the good old days).

1... 2... 3... Testing... Testing...
 
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:00 am
  #10  
-Martin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Robetr Buxbaum r.i.p.

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:50:30 +0100, Magda <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:47:08 -0000, in rec.travel.europe, "Miss L. Toe"
><[email protected]> arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:
>
> ... >
> ... > He died on Thursday.
> ...
> ... Will he send a trip report from his last journey ?
> ... and can you drink the water up there ?
> ...
> ... I am too 'NG young' to remember him but he sounds like a nice guy.
> ...
> ... P.S. having put 14 posters in my killfile this Ng seems to be like it was in
> ... the good old days).
>
>1... 2... 3... Testing... Testing...

Success!

1... 2... 3... Testing... Testing...
--

Martin
 
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:08 am
  #11  
Earl Evleth
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Robert Buxbaum r.i.p.

On 22/01/07 20:44, in article [email protected],
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Yes, I always enjoyed his posts, too. I don't know about
> other newsgroup readers, but I always appreciate it when
> someone thinks to announce such departures, here.


He last posted in May 2 2002 according to my search,
in response to my posting on the demonstrations of
May 1st 2002. Just minutes before that posting
he commented on garlic making Europe a vampire
free area.

Google indicates he had about 9500 postings
in which wine is mentioned in 9270 of them!
Cheese does have nearly as many hits
and hamburgers only get 12 mentions.
He was on the right frequency.

Since he was a good American and good
Americans go to Paris when they die, I
expect to see him around someday.

Drinking wine.
 
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:15 am
  #12  
-Martin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Robert Buxbaum r.i.p.

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 06:42:24 GMT, [email protected] (Carole Allen) wrote:

>On 22 Jan 2007 12:19:28 -0800, "Gregory Morrow"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>"Runge" was gone for three weeks and I was absolutely *beside* myself
>>with worry...
>>
>Mixi's been awfully quiet also - but then he has been awfully busy
>cruising the world in his planes - such a dangerous hobby - what if he
>suffers a life threatening crash?
>

He has set options ignore ATC, no crashes, low resolution landscape, tell me
that I am the best pilot in the world options
--

Martin
 
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:15 am
  #13  
-Magda
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Robetr Buxbaum r.i.p.

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:00:45 +0100, in rec.travel.europe, Martin <[email protected]>
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:50:30 +0100, Magda <[email protected]> wrote:
...
... >On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:47:08 -0000, in rec.travel.europe, "Miss L. Toe"
... ><[email protected]> arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:
... >
... > ... >
... > ... > He died on Thursday.
... > ...
... > ... Will he send a trip report from his last journey ?
... > ... and can you drink the water up there ?
... > ...
... > ... I am too 'NG young' to remember him but he sounds like a nice guy.
... > ...
... > ... P.S. having put 14 posters in my killfile this Ng seems to be like it was in
... > ... the good old days).
... >
... >1... 2... 3... Testing... Testing...
...
... Success!

Nope, Missy didn't respond. I'm probably in her killfile.
 
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:29 am
  #14  
-Martin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Robetr Buxbaum r.i.p.

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:15:57 +0100, Magda <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:00:45 +0100, in rec.travel.europe, Martin <[email protected]>
>arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:
>
> ... On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:50:30 +0100, Magda <[email protected]> wrote:
> ...
> ... >On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:47:08 -0000, in rec.travel.europe, "Miss L. Toe"
> ... ><[email protected]> arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:
> ... >
> ... > ... >
> ... > ... > He died on Thursday.
> ... > ...
> ... > ... Will he send a trip report from his last journey ?
> ... > ... and can you drink the water up there ?
> ... > ...
> ... > ... I am too 'NG young' to remember him but he sounds like a nice guy.
> ... > ...
> ... > ... P.S. having put 14 posters in my killfile this Ng seems to be like it was in
> ... > ... the good old days).
> ... >
> ... >1... 2... 3... Testing... Testing...
> ...
> ... Success!
>
>Nope, Missy didn't respond. I'm probably in her killfile.

are we bovvered(sic)?
--

Martin
 
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:31 am
  #15  
kurkku
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Robert Buxbaum r.i.p.

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <[email protected]> kirjoitti
viestiss´┐Ż:[email protected]...
>
>
> Joseph Coulter wrote:
>> S Viemeister wrote:
>>
>>> Long-time posters to/readers of rec.travel.europe may remember Robert
>>> Buxbaum, who posted here for a number of years on food, wine, and
>>> travel, and had a travel and food website at
>>> <http://www.worldtable.com/>.
>>>
>>> He died on Thursday.
>>
>>
>> Always good on topic stuff, I have missed him of late and now it is too
>> late.
>
> Yes, I always enjoyed his posts, too. I don't know about other newsgroup
> readers, but I always appreciate it when someone thinks to announce such
> departures, here. So often

Your posts are not appreciated in rte though. I can tell this much.
 

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.