Go Back  British Expats > Usenet Groups > rec.travel.* > rec.travel.europe
Reload this Page >

Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:00 am
  #1  
PJ O'Donovan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

Publishedf 01/24/2007


".... * Bush Challenges Foes of Iraq Troop Plan
The President was unyielding and said the word
dems fear the most...... Victory

snip


'GRACIOUSNESS" is not a word usually used to describe a State of the
Union speech, but it's the appropriate one to characterize President
Bush's address last night.--snip--...when the president spoke of
turning "toward victory," at least half the elected officials in the
chamber neither applauded nor stood. The clear suggestion is that they
don't wish to turn events toward victory.
 
Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:50 am
  #2  
Contrex
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

On 24 Jan, 18:00, "PJ O'Donovan" <[email protected]> wrote:
> at least half the elected officials in the
> chamber neither applauded nor stood. The clear suggestion is that they
> don't wish to turn events toward victory.

Or they don't believe Prexy's bullshit, because he's a prick. Like you,
posting on a US domestic topic in a Europe-oriented group.
 
Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:51 am
  #3  
John of Aix
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

PJ O'Donovan wrote:
> Publishedf 01/24/2007
>
>
> ".... * Bush Challenges Foes of Iraq Troop Plan
> The President was unyielding and said the word
> dems fear the most...... Victory
>
> snip
>
>
> 'GRACIOUSNESS" is not a word usually used to describe a State of the
> Union speech, but it's the appropriate one to characterize President
> Bush's address last night.--snip--...when the president spoke of
> turning "toward victory," at least half the elected officials in the
> chamber neither applauded nor stood. The clear suggestion is that they
> don't wish to turn events toward victory.

No, because they know it is bullshit from a desperate man, Mr Mission
Accomplished.
 
Old Jan 24th 2007, 6:22 am
  #4  
Fred Bloggs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

In article <[email protected]. com>,
[email protected] says...
>
>
> Publishedf 01/24/2007
>
>
> ".... * Bush Challenges Foes of Iraq Troop Plan
> The President was unyielding and said the word
> dems fear the most...... Victory
>
> snip
>
>
> 'GRACIOUSNESS" is not a word usually used to describe a State of the
> Union speech, but it's the appropriate one to characterize President
> Bush's address last night.--snip--...when the president spoke of
> turning "toward victory," at least half the elected officials in the
> chamber neither applauded nor stood.

So at least half of the elected officials in the US Congress have more
brains than you do, peabrain. That's vaguely reassuring.
>
>
 
Old Jan 24th 2007, 6:23 am
  #5  
kurkku
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

"Fred Bloggs" <[email protected]> kirjoitti
viestiss´┐Ż:[email protected] om...
>
> So at least half of the elected officials in the US Congress have more
> brains than you do, peabrain. That's vaguely reassuring.
>>
Go away from rte you homo
 
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:24 am
  #6  
PJ O'Donovan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

<<Publishedf 01/24/2007

".... * Bush Challenges Foes of Iraq Troop Plan
The President was unyielding and said the word
dems fear the most...... Victory

PeeJay>>


<So at least half of the elected officials in the US Congress have more
brains than you do, peabrain. That's vaguely reassuring.

Fled Boggs>


Jan 23, 2007

"Bloomberg/ LA Times and the Pew Poll
<http://pollingreport.com/iraq.htm>
found that 70% didn't think Bush had a plan to bring the war to
successful
completion but 68% didn't think the Democrats did either. The Post-ABC
News
poll found that a majority of Americans do not have confidence in the
Democrats with 43% approving of the job Congress is doing, compared to
50%
who disapprove"
 
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:26 am
  #7  
PJ O'Donovan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

<<Publishedf 01/24/2007

".... * Bush Challenges Foes of Iraq Troop Plan
The President was unyielding and said the word
dems fear the most...... Victory

PeeJay>>


<So at least half of the elected officials in the US Congress have more
brains than you do, peabrain. That's vaguely reassuring.

Fled Boggs>


Jan 23, 2007

"Bloomberg/ LA Times and the Pew Poll
<http://pollingreport.com/iraq.htm>
found that 70% didn't think Bush had a plan to bring the war to
successful
completion but 68% didn't think the Democrats did either. The Post-ABC
News
poll found that a majority of Americans do not have confidence in the
Democrats with 43% approving of the job Congress is doing, compared to
50%
who disapprove"
 
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:34 am
  #8  
Deeply Filled Mortician
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

Let is be knownst that on 24 Jan 2007 10:00:47 -0800, "PJ O'Donovan"
<[email protected]> writted:

>
>
>Publishedf 01/24/2007
>
>
> ".... * Bush Challenges Foes of Iraq Troop Plan
> The President was unyielding and said the word
> dems fear the most...... Victory
>
>snip
>
>
>'GRACIOUSNESS" is not a word usually used to describe a State of the
>Union speech, but it's the appropriate one to characterize President
>Bush's address last night.--snip--...when the president spoke of
>turning "toward victory," at least half the elected officials in the
>chamber neither applauded nor stood. The clear suggestion is that they
>don't wish to turn events toward victory.

GWB: "Give it one more chance"
Congress: "Why?"
PJ: "Victory is just round the corner"
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
---
--
 
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:55 am
  #9  
Hummingbird
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

On 24 Jan 2007 10:00:47 -0800 'PJ O'Donovan'
posted this onto uk.politics.misc:

>'GRACIOUSNESS" is not a word usually used to describe a State of the
>Union speech, but it's the appropriate one to characterize President
>Bush's address last night.--snip--...when the president spoke of
>turning "toward victory," at least half the elected officials in the
>chamber neither applauded nor stood. The clear suggestion is that they
>don't wish to turn events toward victory.

Much more likely is that they were deeply embarrassed by Bush's
continued delusion about Iraq. There's no American victory which
can be snatched, that day passed by long ago.

The very best that Bush can hope for is to pull out a majority of his
troops and declare victory even though the world will know otherwise.

Another possibility is that he manipulates the defeat and blames the
Dems for it.

--
Global surveillance league tables x country:
Image: http://www.toucano.plus.com/WorldSurveillanceLeague.jpg
PDF detail: http://www.toucano.plus.com/WorldSurveillanceLeague.pdf

NB: Britain scores the worst along with Russia and China.
(data courtesy of Daily Telegraph and Privacy International)
 
Old Jan 24th 2007, 8:10 am
  #10  
EvelynVogtGamble
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

contrex wrote:

>
> On 24 Jan, 18:00, "PJ O'Donovan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>at least half the elected officials in the
>>chamber neither applauded nor stood. The clear suggestion is that they
>>don't wish to turn events toward victory.
>
>
> Or they don't believe Prexy's bullshit, because he's a prick. Like you,
> posting on a US domestic topic in a Europe-oriented group.

Well, considering the impact Bush's "policies" have had on
the rest of the world (not just on the Middle East), posting
about his "State of the Nation" speech is certainly just as
relevant as posts about British and French politics! (Which
also appear here with reasonable frequency.)
>
 
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:50 am
  #11  
PJ O'Donovan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

<I have asked this before, but since you have not previously responded,
I
have to ask it again. What is the definition of "victory"?

DonnaEvleth>

Yes, you have asked it and I already responded accordingly which
obviously has exhausted the remains of your mental capacity and
recollection.

I read somewhere that old people living in tiny quarters sharing one
single toilet
tend to have a high incidence of alzheimers disease.

I also read here that you and Earl live in tiny apartment in Paris and
share a single toilet and tiny kitchen in that tiny place.

My wife and I, even though your contemporaries and living alone as you
, share 2 houses, one comprising over 5000 square feet, in SW Georgia
while our summer mountain house in the N Georgia mountains comprises
1900 square feet. Let me know if you want to see pictures. Santie Claus
(all Socialists believe he must exist) bought me a new digital camera

We share five (5) toilets in the two houses and three (3) kitchens in
the two houses combined where we spend a half year in each

We do not have the mental recollection problems you and Earl
demonstrate providing credence to the study linking the high incidence
of alzheimers disease to the elderly living in cramped urban
conditions.

Get out of that stinky city in your tiny appartment and go smell some
roses! It will be good for your mental health.
 
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:36 pm
  #12  
Gregory Shearman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

PJ O'Donovan wrote:

> "Bloomberg/ LA Times and the Pew Poll
> <http://pollingreport.com/iraq.htm>
> found that 70% didn't think Bush had a plan to bring the war to
> successful
> completion but 68% didn't think the Democrats did either. The Post-ABC
> News
> poll found that a majority of Americans do not have confidence in the
> Democrats with 43% approving of the job Congress is doing, compared to
> 50%
> who disapprove"

From the same poll 63 percent of voters disapprove of 20,000 troops going to
Iraq... 30 percent approve.

--
Regards,

Gregory.
"Ding-a-ding-dang,My Dang-a-long ling-long"
 
Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:15 pm
  #13  
Planet Visitor II
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

"PJ O'Donovan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] oups.com...
> <I have asked this before, but since you have not previously responded,
> I
> have to ask it again. What is the definition of "victory"?
>
> DonnaEvleth>
>
> Yes, you have asked it and I already responded accordingly which
> obviously has exhausted the remains of your mental capacity and
> recollection.
>
> I read somewhere that old people living in tiny quarters sharing one
> single toilet
> tend to have a high incidence of alzheimers disease.
>
> I also read here that you and Earl live in tiny apartment in Paris and
> share a single toilet and tiny kitchen in that tiny place.
>
> My wife and I, even though your contemporaries and living alone as you
> , share 2 houses, one comprising over 5000 square feet, in SW Georgia
> while our summer mountain house in the N Georgia mountains comprises
> 1900 square feet. Let me know if you want to see pictures. Santie Claus
> (all Socialists believe he must exist) bought me a new digital camera
>
> We share five (5) toilets in the two houses and three (3) kitchens in
> the two houses combined where we spend a half year in each
>
> We do not have the mental recollection problems you and Earl
> demonstrate providing credence to the study linking the high incidence
> of alzheimers disease to the elderly living in cramped urban
> conditions.
>
> Get out of that stinky city in your tiny appartment and go smell some
> roses! It will be good for your mental health.

You're right on the money. I can't understand people WANTING
to live in downtown Paris. It's a rat-race, as told to me by my
in-laws. They can't wait for the moment when they can move
away from inner city Paris, to a place where if they need to go to
Paris, they can do so on a day trip. The Evleth's are not without
resources, and being retired I cannot understand why they don't
move to where the air is pure, with a small garden, and friendly
neighbors, rather than the anonymous existence in Paris.

Fine if they feel more French than American... but PARIS!!!
As a daily diet for the rest of their lives. Jesus... even Paul
Gauguin couldn't take it permanently. Paris is a city to
visit... not live in. 50 km outside of Paris is the absolute
minimum.



Planet Visitor II
Official publisher of AADP Official dictionary
http://www.planetvisitor.name/dictionary.html
 
Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:18 pm
  #14  
Denz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

"PJ O'Donovan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] ups.com...
>
>
> Publishedf 01/24/2007
>
>
> ".... * Bush Challenges Foes of Iraq Troop Plan
> The President was unyielding and said the word
> dems fear the most...... Victory
>
> snip
>
>
> 'GRACIOUSNESS" is not a word usually used to describe a State of the
> Union speech, but it's the appropriate one to characterize President
> Bush's address last night.--snip--...when the president spoke of
> turning "toward victory," at least half the elected officials in the
> chamber neither applauded nor stood. The clear suggestion is that they
> don't wish to turn events toward victory.

Those elected officials felt confounded by the hopelessness of the situation
and the ineptitude of Bush.
Don't the words "turn toward victory" tell you anything? Its an admission-
by Bush, that he's been heading in the wrong direction. And all he's
proposing is a little more of the same.

Bush has already failed. All his proposal will do is make him fail worse.
 
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:57 pm
  #15  
kurkku
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left Wing whackos contolling US Congress show their true color

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <[email protected]> kirjoitti
viestiss´┐Ż:[email protected]...
>
>
> contrex wrote:
>
>>
>> On 24 Jan, 18:00, "PJ O'Donovan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>at least half the elected officials in the
>>>chamber neither applauded nor stood. The clear suggestion is that they
>>>don't wish to turn events toward victory.
>>
>>
>> Or they don't believe Prexy's bullshit, because he's a prick. Like you,
>> posting on a US domestic topic in a Europe-oriented group.
>
> Well, considering the impact Bush's "policies" have had on the rest of the
> world (not just on the Middle East), posting

Europe is not the Middle East. Tsoots Dabljuu is a drunkard. And the
"impact" he and his cronies has done to Europe is minimal.


> about his "State of the Nation" speech is certainly just as relevant as
> posts about British and French politics! (Which also appear here with
> reasonable frequency.)
>>
This group is not for politics (well this babble of yours hardly has
anything to do with politics). It is for travelling. And true. The group
would do much better without your drivels.
 

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.