Go Back  British Expats > Usenet Groups > rec.travel.* > rec.travel.australia+nz
Reload this Page >

NZ Magic Bus ............ any info. appreciated

NZ Magic Bus ............ any info. appreciated

Old Sep 1st 2002, 7:27 pm
Lesley Swain

Default NZ Magic Bus ............ any info. appreciated

Hi .......

Has anyone any recent experience of using the Magic Bus touring system in NZ ?

How much did you pay ? How did you book it ? How convenient was it/how easy to get
onto at each spot ? Did it drop-off/pick-up at all the places you wanted to see ? How
reliable was it ? How comfortable was it ?

(I suppose I should have asked first whether it was still running as the most recent
info. we have is about 6 years out of date !)

Thanks

Lesley xxxxxx

Old Sep 2nd 2002, 5:06 am
David Springthorpe

Default Re: NZ Magic Bus ............ any info. appreciated

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002 20:27:02 +0100, "Lesley Swain" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi .......
    >Has anyone any recent experience of using the Magic Bus touring system in NZ ?
    >How much did you pay ? How did you book it ? How convenient was it/how easy to get
    >onto at each spot ? Did it drop-off/pick-up at all the places you wanted to see ?
    >How reliable was it ? How comfortable was it ?
    >(I suppose I should have asked first whether it was still running as the most recent
    >info. we have is about 6 years out of date !)
    >Thanks
    >Lesley

Have no experience of it myself, but try their web site at
www.magicbus.co.nz for further
information.....

D.S.

Old Sep 2nd 2002, 9:17 am
Vicki Steven

in article [email protected], Lesley Swain at
[email protected] wrote on 2/9/02 7:27 AM:

> Hi .......
    > Has anyone any recent experience of using the Magic Bus touring system in NZ ?
    > How much did you pay ? How did you book it ? How convenient was it/how easy to get
    > onto at each spot ? Did it drop-off/pick-up at all the places you wanted to see ?
    > How reliable was it ? How comfortable was it ?

English friends used it a couple of months ago - they loved most of their 5 weeks.
Some days it took rather a long time to cover a shortish distance because it kept
stopping for meals & photo opportunities - they could not get a definite arrival time
from the driver - but hey that is the whole point of a bus like magic- it is not tied
to a strict schedule.

Vicki

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 10:07 am
David Springthorpe

On Mon, 02 Sep 2002 21:17:18 +1200, Vicki Steven
<[email protected]> wrote:

>English friends used it a couple of months ago - they loved most of their 5 weeks.
    >Some days it took rather a long time to cover a shortish distance because it kept
    >stopping for meals & photo opportunities - they could not get a definite arrival
    >time from the driver - but hey that is the whole point of a bus like magic- it is
    >not tied to a strict schedule.

And full of noisy partying 18 year old backpackers.....?

D.S.

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 1:12 pm
Paul W. Koole

its for all ages met a couple of people above the 50 "David Springthorpe"
<[email protected]> schreef in bericht news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 02 Sep 2002 21:17:18 +1200, Vicki Steven
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >English friends used it a couple of months ago - they loved most of their
    > >weeks. Some days it took rather a long time to cover a shortish distance because
    > >it kept stopping for meals & photo opportunities - they could not get a definite
    > >arrival time from the driver - but hey that is the whole point of a bus like
    > >magic- it is not tied to a strict schedule.
    > And full of noisy partying 18 year old backpackers.....?
    > D.S.

Old Sep 8th 2002, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

bgarside is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Lesley Swain:
Hi .......

Has anyone any recent experience of using the Magic Bus touring system in NZ ?

Thanks

Lesley xxxxxx
Used the Magic bus this March. Buses are a little old, but reasonably comfy. Age of clientele varies but generally mid.-20s upwards, not full of teenies like the 'Kiwi Experience' buses. Lots of stops en route for various tourist attractions/adrenaline sports/food/etc, so not the quickest mode of transport. Drivers were good for a laugh. Overall, I'd recommend it.

Ben
Old Sep 11th 2002, 1:18 pm
L Ballard

I went on the magic bus about 5 years ago and have to say that is was fine for the
trip, a great way to get around. The clientele (as has previously been stated, and I
can verify) is not all 18 yr old party people, tends to be a bit older and a lot more
relaxed, which I enjoyed. The bus was OK, as buses go, and the drivers are informed
and friendly, and will take you to some great places that you might not have found if
you were driving.

Overall I'd recommend it too (as I remember it wasn't that expensive either)