Go Back  British Expats > Usenet Groups > rec.travel.* > rec.travel.africa
Reload this Page >

Zambia : Dollars vs Euro

Zambia : Dollars vs Euro

Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:44 am
  #1  
-Jan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Zambia : Dollars vs Euro

Next month I travel to Zambia for some weeks.
While preparing, I notice all prices are quoted in dollars.
My hotel in Livingstone tells me payment the local activities can be
done on in dollars,
euro (or even credit card with an extra charge).

I live in europe, so I'm wondering if it makes sense to change euro to
dollars for this trip?

Does anyone have recent experience with payment in euros.
Eg is the exchange rate 'normal' or are there extra charges when
paying in euros?

Jan
 
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:20 am
  #2  
Cobracalde
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Zambia : Dollars vs Euro

"Jan" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected] ps.com...
> I live in europe, so I'm wondering if it makes sense to change euro to
> dollars for this trip?

Yes. It makes sense..

I fligth to Zambia next week.. and i changed Euros in Dollars.


--

Stefano
 
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:49 am
  #3  
Franz Gindl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Zambia : Dollars vs Euro

cobracalde schrieb:
> "Jan" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:[email protected] ps.com...
>> I live in europe, so I'm wondering if it makes sense to change euro to
>> dollars for this trip?
>
> Yes. It makes sense..
>
> I fligth to Zambia next week.. and i changed Euros in Dollars.
>
>
It makes sense to change Euros in Dollars for Livingstone.
I have been last year in Livingstone, and the took the same amount in
Euros as it costs in US-Dollars. Take enough small ones because they
cant or want not change you.

Franz
 
Old Aug 11th 2007, 11:29 am
  #4  
Marc Lurie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Zambia : Dollars vs Euro

Dollars are definitely the better currency. You will end up losing if
you use Euros.

Take only NEW notes, in denominations of 1, 10, 20, 50, and a few
100's. The new notes are the ones with the lighter colour green ink in
places. Older notes (those without the colour-change ink on the
denomination on the bottom RHS) are not going to be accepted.

People in African countries are very suspicious of counterfeit notes,
and even slightly damaged notes will be rejected by many vendors.

Regards,
Marc

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 07:44:57 -0000, Jan <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>Next month I travel to Zambia for some weeks.
>While preparing, I notice all prices are quoted in dollars.
>My hotel in Livingstone tells me payment the local activities can be
>done on in dollars,
>euro (or even credit card with an extra charge).
>
>I live in europe, so I'm wondering if it makes sense to change euro to
>dollars for this trip?
>
>Does anyone have recent experience with payment in euros.
>Eg is the exchange rate 'normal' or are there extra charges when
>paying in euros?
>
>Jan
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.