Go Back  British Expats > Usenet Groups > rec.travel.* > rec.travel.africa
Reload this Page >

Tickets to South Africa for Xmas

Tickets to South Africa for Xmas

Old Jun 23rd 2001, 5:24 pm
Andaman

Trying to get my son to South Africa from Boston around Xmas (Dec 14 - Jan 13).
Flights from US are in excess of $1300-1500 by Consolidators - higher through
travel websites.

Have attempted to split ticket (BOS/LON, LON/JNB) but am told all discounted fares
from LON are already booked!

Can't seem to find a travel agent (in US or UK) who's willing to work with me to
research alternative connections which might be cheaper. At my wits end on this one.
Any suggestions?

Old Jun 24th 2001, 2:49 am
Rafael Kampel

X-Mas and New Years, as well as July-August are very delicate periods for travelling
cheap between Europe and Africa or South America. The discounted fares are often sold
out one year in advance! The best bet is to book REALLY early or stay on a waiting
list (if those are still available) and pray that a seat gets free.

Raf

Andaman a écrit :
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 22nd 2002, 12:02 am
MKakebeeke

[Hi,

I know your message was posted a long time ago, but if you are still deparate for a ticket, I am in possesion of a return ticket for Amsterdam to Cape Town. The dates for the ticket are 21/12/02 and return 11/01/03. These dates are fixed dates and cannot be changed. I am giving this ticket away for only 1150 Euros (+- $1100). Apparently, ticketsto Amsterdam from the East coast are very cheap.
If interested, pls contact me ASAP at [email protected].

regards,

Marc