Go Back  British Expats > Usenet Groups > rec.travel.* > rec.travel.africa
Reload this Page >

South Africa : Crime Exposed

South Africa : Crime Exposed

Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:40 pm
  #16  
info
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED

"Marc Lurie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sorry to re-hash a year-old thread, but it looks like the nutcase Mr.
> Watson is at it again, this time pretending to be a Bloemfontein
> rent-boy called Skye and "exposing" his client lists including
> sportsmen, politicians, entertainers and a clergyman.

This kind of attitude mr. Lurie, is exactly what South Africans do not need
in their stuggle against crime!

Shame on you!!

Corn�.

www.amukela.com
 
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:44 am
  #17  
Marc Lurie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED

Corne, I'm really confused by your post. What "kind of attitude" was I
displaying?

Someone on this NG posted links to Watson's crackpot website a while
back. I was flamed for doubting the legitimacy of the website.

It now transpires that Watson is quite clearly a nutcase, and I would
think that any rational person should never rely on anything coming
from Watson to be the truth.

Just because Watsons CESA website contained SOME truths, it must still
be viewed as the work of a very sick person. I have no doubt that many
of Hitlers speeches contained SOME truths, but one can hardly say that
Hitlers policies were therefore valid.

By the way, Watsons racism and hate speech (not to mention his
attempted extortion in the "Skye" blog) are criminal acts in
themselves, and as such, he's actually CONTRIBUTED to crime.

Corne, you're not an idiot. You're in the tourism trade and you know
that you contribute to the country. How on earth will Watsons call to
embargo tourism in SA help lower the crime levels? If anything, crime
and poverty will INCREASE if we don't get tourists.

When last did you advise one of your clients NOT to come here? When
last did you tell one of your clients that she WILL get killed or
raped if they come here? This is what Watson was suggesting was needed
to stop crime.

You know my feelings about crime. I despise crime in all forms, and I
would love nothing better than to see crime wiped out in my country,
so I'm not to sure what "kind of attitude" I have that makes you think
differently, or are you just being pugnacious?

Marc.

BTW, I still haven't received the letter from your lawyer. Perhaps you
need a more efficient lawyer ;-0


On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 12:40:06 +0200, Corn�
<[email protected]> wrote:

>
>"Marc Lurie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected].. .
>> Sorry to re-hash a year-old thread, but it looks like the nutcase Mr.
>> Watson is at it again, this time pretending to be a Bloemfontein
>> rent-boy called Skye and "exposing" his client lists including
>> sportsmen, politicians, entertainers and a clergyman.
>
>This kind of attitude mr. Lurie, is exactly what South Africans do not need
>in their stuggle against crime!
>
>Shame on you!!
>
>Corn�.
>
>www.amukela.com
 
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:42 am
  #18  
info
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED

"Marc Lurie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Corne, I'm really confused by your post. What "kind of attitude" was I
> displaying?

Arrogancy against all victims of crime in SA?


> Corne, you're not an idiot. You're in the tourism trade and you know
> that you contribute to the country. How on earth will Watsons call to
> embargo tourism in SA help lower the crime levels? If anything, crime
> and poverty will INCREASE if we don't get tourists.

I didn't see Watsons call, just Jim's post with 3 hyperlinks.


> You know my feelings about crime. I despise crime in all forms, and I
> would love nothing better than to see crime wiped out in my country,
> so I'm not to sure what "kind of attitude" I have that makes you think
> differently, or are you just being pugnacious?

I just got the impression that you are one of those guys who cannot stand
any criticisme about SA.


> BTW, I still haven't received the letter from your lawyer. Perhaps you
> need a more efficient lawyer ;-0
>

Excuse me... ? Missing the point here.

Well Marc, we do agree that we both despise crime but the ways how to
achieve that differs apparantly. See my website about crime.

Best regards, no hard feelings!

Corn�.

www.amukela.com
 
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:00 pm
  #19  
Marc Lurie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 19:42:55 +0200, Corn�
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Arrogancy against all victims of crime in SA?
I fail to see how I exhibit arrogance towards all victims of crime by
questioning the integrity of a man who appears to be deeply disturbed.
If you've read the news recently, a man walked into the Pretoria News
offices and held 8 staff hostages at gunpoint, threatening to kill
them. He claims he did it because he was sick and tired of crime. Now,
if you think that me criticising the man shows arrogance towards
victims of crime, then you really need to re-evaluate your value
system.

I'm also sick and tired of crime, but I don't protest against it by
breaking the law, by taking hostages, or by setting up racist and
inflamatory websites.
>
>

>I didn't see Watsons call, just Jim's post with 3 hyperlinks.
So, in other words, you argued with me about a website that you didn't
even look at???

>
>I just got the impression that you are one of those guys who cannot stand
>any criticisme about SA.
I absolutely WELCOME and INVITE criticism of South Africa, but only as
long as it is constructive criticism.

Criticism, if it is intended to point out weaknesses and IMPROVE the
country is vital.

Criticism, if it is intended to sow discord, spread dangerous and
dishonest rumours, and DAMAGE the country, is abhorent and should be
countered.
>
>
>> BTW, I still haven't received the letter from your lawyer. Perhaps you
>> need a more efficient lawyer ;-0
>>
>
>Excuse me... ? Missing the point here.
You asked me for my address a while back so that you could get sue me
for defamation. I posted my address, but I've never been sued. Do you
actually intend sueing or not?


>Well Marc, we do agree that we both despise crime but the ways how to
>achieve that differs apparantly. See my website about crime.
I fail to see how you can say that you despise crime, but in previous
posts to this NG you effectively sanction the paying of bribes to
officials.

>
>Best regards, no hard feelings!
It is difficult not to harbour hard feelings against someone who has
threatened to sue you.

Marc
 
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:11 am
  #20  
info
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED

>>
>>Best regards, no hard feelings!
> It is difficult not to harbour hard feelings against someone who has
> threatened to sue you.
>

Try Marc, try! If we can make the difference...

Regards,

Corn�.

www.amukela.com
 
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:13 pm
  #21  
Marc Lurie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED

Corne, you have not addressed any of the issues I rasied in my
previous post. You can't simply make statements and then back away
when someone challenges you. (Well, you can I guess, but that's called
blustering, and it's generally not well liked)

I think that, at the very least, you might tell me if you intend
sueing me, and if you don't intend sueing, I would think that a
gentleman would appologise for threatening to do so.



On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 17:11:47 +0200, Corn�
<[email protected]> wrote:

>
>>>
>>>Best regards, no hard feelings!
>> It is difficult not to harbour hard feelings against someone who has
>> threatened to sue you.
>>
>
>Try Marc, try! If we can make the difference...
>
>Regards,
>
>Corn�.
>
>www.amukela.com
 
Old Jun 8th 2007, 3:10 am
  #22  
info
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED

"Marc Lurie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Corne, you have not addressed any of the issues I rasied in my
> previous post.

No, because with most of them I agree.

> I think that, at the very least, you might tell me if you intend
> sueing me, and if you don't intend sueing, I would think that a
> gentleman would appologise for threatening to do so.
>

Please provide me with the prove that I have treathned you.

For me this discussion is closed.

Have a great weekend!

Corn�.

www.amukela.com
 
Old Jun 9th 2007, 9:15 pm
  #23  
Marc Lurie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED

Corne, a while ago I stated that you weren't an idiot. I'm starting to
have second thoughts now.

I made some statement which you confronted me about, stating that I
had attitude problems, and was arrogant towards victims of crime. I
replied to your comments by counter-attacking. You then suddenly state
that you agreed with my counter-attack. If you agree with what I said,
then why attack me in the first place?

Corne, in previous thread (which I can go and find if you want me to,
but you know its there) you said something to the effect of "If I had
your address I would get my lawyer to contact you so that I can sue
you for defamation of character" That is a clear threat of legal
action. How can you now say that you didn't threaten me with legal
action?

Are you going to sue me or not?


On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 17:10:49 +0200, Corn�
<[email protected]> wrote:

>
>"Marc Lurie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected].. .
>> Corne, you have not addressed any of the issues I rasied in my
>> previous post.
>
>No, because with most of them I agree.
>
>> I think that, at the very least, you might tell me if you intend
>> sueing me, and if you don't intend sueing, I would think that a
>> gentleman would appologise for threatening to do so.
>>
>
>Please provide me with the prove that I have treathned you.
>
>For me this discussion is closed.
>
>Have a great weekend!
>
>Corn�.
>
>www.amukela.com
 
Old Jun 18th 2007, 11:22 pm
  #24  
info
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED

"Marc Lurie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Corne, a while ago I stated that you weren't an idiot. I'm starting to
> have second thoughts now.


I had the same thoughts about you

>
> I made some statement which you confronted me about, stating that I
> had attitude problems, and was arrogant towards victims of crime. I
> replied to your comments by counter-attacking. You then suddenly state
> that you agreed with my counter-attack. If you agree with what I said,
> then why attack me in the first place?


You didn't read carefully enough, that's your problem in this discussion.


>
> Corne, in previous thread (which I can go and find if you want me to,
> but you know its there) you said something to the effect of "If I had
> your address I would get my lawyer to contact you so that I can sue
> you for defamation of character" That is a clear threat of legal
> action. How can you now say that you didn't threaten me with legal
> action?

Please prove that I wrote this!


> Are you going to sue me or not?


Waste of time! So : No.

Have a good life,

Corn�.

www.amukela.com
 
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:02 am
  #25  
Marc Lurie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED

Here's a quote from a post you made on 11th Feb 2007:

#29: Re: ?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?
Author: Guest, Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:07 am

"Too bad I don't have your adress, would immediately let my attorney
sue you."
SNIP
Anyway, I am not going to spend more time in reading your moral,
patronising
and most of all deformation of character posts.

PLOINK! "

I posted my address so that you could get your lawyer to sue me, but
I've heard nothing since.

So are you going to sue me or are you just blowing smoke? If so, I'd
like an apology.


On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:22:21 +0200, Corn�.
<[email protected]> wrote:


>> Corne, in previous thread (which I can go and find if you want me to,
>> but you know its there) you said something to the effect of "If I had
>> your address I would get my lawyer to contact you so that I can sue
>> you for defamation of character" That is a clear threat of legal
>> action. How can you now say that you didn't threaten me with legal
>> action?
>
>Please prove that I wrote this!
 
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:22 am
  #26  
info
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED

"Marc Lurie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Here's a quote from a post you made on 11th Feb 2007:
>
> #29: Re: ?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?
> Author: Guest, Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:07 am
>
> "Too bad I don't have your adress, would immediately let my attorney
> sue you."
> SNIP
> Anyway, I am not going to spend more time in reading your moral,
> patronising
> and most of all deformation of character posts.


Aha, let us pretend beeing in court:

Mr. Lurie, please prove this message was sent by Mr. van Dongen....?

I rest my case....

Enjoy your evening.

Corn�.

www.amukela.com
 
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:30 am
  #27  
Marc Lurie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED

The post header tells all. Now Corne, stop playing these annoying
little games.




Path:
border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!ne wsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!newsfeed.freenet.de!feeder.news-service.com!newsgate.cistron.nl!xs4all!transit2.ne ws.xs4all.nl!post.news.xs4all.nl!not-for-mail
From: Corn� <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: rec.travel.africa
References: <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:22:05 +0200
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
format=flowed;
charset="iso-8859-1";
reply-type=original
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6000.16480
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6000.16480
Lines: 28
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 196.207.45.253
X-Trace: 1182266567 news.xs4all.nl 331
amukela/[::ffff:196.207.45.253]:44672
X-Complaints-To: [email protected]
Bytes: 2238
Xref: number1.nntp.dca.giganews.com rec.travel.africa:67991
X-Cache: nntpcache 3.0.2 (see http://www.nntpcache.com/)

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:22:05 +0200, Corn�
<[email protected]> wrote:

>
>"Marc Lurie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected].. .
>> Here's a quote from a post you made on 11th Feb 2007:
>>
>> #29: Re: ?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?
>> Author: Guest, Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:07 am
>>
>> "Too bad I don't have your adress, would immediately let my attorney
>> sue you."
>> SNIP
>> Anyway, I am not going to spend more time in reading your moral,
>> patronising
>> and most of all deformation of character posts.
>
>
>Aha, let us pretend beeing in court:
>
>Mr. Lurie, please prove this message was sent by Mr. van Dongen....?
>
>I rest my case....
>
>Enjoy your evening.
>
>Corn�.
>
>www.amukela.com
 
Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:16 am
  #28  
info
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED

See my message of today: Public Message to Marc Lurie.

Thank you.

Hambla Kahle.

Corn�.

www.amukela.com


"Marc Lurie" <marc.laradio.co.za> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The post header tells all. Now Corne, stop playing these annoying
> little games.
>
>
>
>
> Path:
> border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!ne wsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!newsfeed.freenet.de!feeder.news-service.com!newsgate.cistron.nl!xs4all!transit2.ne ws.xs4all.nl!post.news.xs4all.nl!not-for-mail
> From: Corn� <[email protected]>
> Newsgroups: rec.travel.africa
> References: <[email protected]>
> <[email protected]>
> <[email protected]>
> <[email protected]>
> <[email protected]>
> <[email protected]>
> <[email protected]>
> <[email protected]>
> <[email protected]>
> <[email protected]>
> <[email protected]>
> In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED
> Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:22:05 +0200
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> Content-Type: text/plain;
> format=flowed;
> charset="iso-8859-1";
> reply-type=original
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
> X-Priority: 3
> X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
> X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6000.16480
> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6000.16480
> Lines: 28
> Message-ID: <[email protected]>
> NNTP-Posting-Host: 196.207.45.253
> X-Trace: 1182266567 news.xs4all.nl 331
> amukela/[::ffff:196.207.45.253]:44672
> X-Complaints-To: [email protected]
> Bytes: 2238
> Xref: number1.nntp.dca.giganews.com rec.travel.africa:67991
> X-Cache: nntpcache 3.0.2 (see http://www.nntpcache.com/)
>
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:22:05 +0200, Corn�
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>
>>"Marc Lurie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]. ..
>>> Here's a quote from a post you made on 11th Feb 2007:
>>>
>>> #29: Re: ?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?
>>> Author: Guest, Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:07 am
>>>
>>> "Too bad I don't have your adress, would immediately let my attorney
>>> sue you."
>>> SNIP
>>> Anyway, I am not going to spend more time in reading your moral,
>>> patronising
>>> and most of all deformation of character posts.
>>
>>
>>Aha, let us pretend beeing in court:
>>
>>Mr. Lurie, please prove this message was sent by Mr. van Dongen....?
>>
>>I rest my case....
>>
>>Enjoy your evening.
>>
>>Corn�.
>>
>>www.amukela.com
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.