Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Why Portugal instead of France or Spain?

Why Portugal instead of France or Spain?

Old Jul 15th 2007, 7:50 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Why Portugal instead of France or Spain?

Originally Posted by Odd Balls
Is that Mary Poppins?
I don't know about that but that looks like a Soyuz 2 rocket in the background.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Why Portugal instead of France or Spain?

Fatima.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 5:55 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Fatima.

Whitbread???
Old Jul 15th 2007, 9:01 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Hovis?
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:13 am
C'est la vie

Groan
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:30 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Oi!

You started it
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:39 am
C'est la vie

Who, moi? Don't know what you mean.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future

iam always tempted to run and slide down that marble
Old Jul 25th 2007, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Arightpair is on a distinguished road

If you do you wont be popular mate!!! And yes they are racist, but they do like the Brits as we are their oldest ally.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:11 pm
ex-squaddie

Who are racist?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Dont you think that the word "racist" is such a typical British word - lets say that the Portuguese are "less tolerant" - look around to see if they are bothered. I think personally its just the Brits that have "this thing". Lets face it most have or wish to escape the last 10 years of silliness that now seems to be continuing.
Elaine
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:25 am
ex-squaddie

You're probably very right there Elaine. We are probably the most racist-phobic nation there is.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

To the point of stupidity, so my old man tells me.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Sebastien Lacroix is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Why Portugal instead of France or Spain?

Why Portugal instead of Spain? ( I am half French, half Portuguese, already lived in Barcelona and also many years in Paris )

For me let's say why Aveiro, or the Porto area instead of France or Spain :

- Still charming because not so many foreigners ( not that I don't like them but I don't want to hear French or English all day long, I want to feel that I am In Portugal with Portugueses around me :-)

- Cheaper than France and Spain to live in Portugal, going out for dinner, drinking, eating, visiting, traveling, paying taxes.

- So many real estate opportunities mostly about old buildings, houses etc... In the Portuguese culture they would buy something new but not rebuild and old traditional and typical house in the center of a city. ( For now )

- The people, portuguese in none touristic areas are very gentle, helping you, smiling, so happy to share they culture, country...

- Last but not least, in my opinion as Portugal is a very Latin culture and not very competition oriented they are lot's of business opportunities for small to medium sizes companies.

Hope it helps you a bit.

Take care
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

brodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Arightpair
If you do you wont be popular mate!!! And yes they are racist, but they do like the Brits as we are their oldest ally.
Only the English. The Scots oldest ally is the French