Where is warmer

Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:52 am
Just Joined

edwardss0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where is warmer

i was wondering where is warmer to live in PT ?

West / Central / East
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:54 am
House sitting in Portugal

s5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nice
Default Re: Where is warmer

Originally Posted by edwardss0
i was wondering where is warmer to live in PT ?

West / Central / East
South!
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:57 am
Just Joined

South! Where lol
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:01 am
House sitting in Portugal

s5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nice

Originally Posted by edwardss0
South! Where lol
Google is your friend...
http://www.portugalpropertyexperts.com/the-algarve.html
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

steve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud of

lies , damn lies and statistics..
actually not true - on average its warmer in the inland alentejo in the summer than the Algarve, but colder in the winter.
Theres little difference between the east/west/central part of the main Algarve area - all of which faces South and is around 150km in total - the West facing coast (around the corner)of the algarve is often cooler and rains more.
Overall the Algarve has the best climate to live in in Europe.
To get the best of the winter weather you need a well insulated property with the main windows facing South.

Last edited by steve01; Jul 30th 2013 at 7:07 am.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:11 am
Just Joined

ah ok thanks for that Steve01

The weather over here in Gozo can be real bad in summer hitting the high 30s - low 40s
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

High 30s at least isn't impossible even in the central zone...... we had a few days of 38C near Figueiro Dos Vinhos a little while ago and my buddy who lives next to the Zezere had 42C around the same time.

Fortunately it only lasted a few days after which, it dropped to a more comfortable 30C or so.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Well at the moment its 9.35am here and 30 c !! makes for a real nice day
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

steve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud of

i'd rather sit in the shade on a hot day, than sit shivering and watch the grey and rain through the window any day of the year.
People who move to hot countries then constantly moan about the weather - nuts
A good thing about the Algarve is when it does get really hot there you usually have relatively low humidity, so it doesn't feel as hot and you often get nice cooling breezes off the Atlantic
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

I'd guess our winters here in the central zone are colder than over there.... I'm relatively new to PT and am told last winter was the coldest on record but FWIW, we had quite a lot of night frosts last winter.

Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steve01
i'd rather sit in the shade on a hot day, than sit shivering and watch the grey and rain through the window any day of the year.
A good thing about the Algarve is when it does get really hot there you usually have relatively low humidity, so it doesn't feel as hot and you often get nice cooling breezes off the Atlantic
We lived in Africa for years and love the summer but I have to say, I quite enjoy the winter as well...... just as long as it doesn't drag on for too long.

From the little I've seen all of Portugal has it's pros and cons but some of the things I especially like about the central zone is the low traffic volume and low populations (I don't like large groups of people) and after living in Africa the lack of crime up here is a delight.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by steve01
A nice cool breeze makes all the difference i think well over here it does, The heat can be so intense sometimes

WOW frost haven't seen that since i worked in Saudi in the dessert in winter lol
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:08 am
Just Joined

People who move to hot countries then constantly moan about the weather - nuts.......... Yes Steve01 we all do it ! why ? coz we are British or Scottish hahahahaha
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

The frosts were usually gone by about 1000 hours but were pretty as hell while they lasted....... my friends and neighbours however, tell me that frosts are usually VERY rare and that last winter was much colder, longer and wetter than is usual.

Time will tell whether they're right or not. LOL.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Edward - i think the Scots are still British

We have a few frosts here in the Alentejo but normally they've gone by 9 and its usually good news - a sunny clear day, we often get low 20's between 10.30 and 4 o'clock here throughout the winter -but boy when it rains it RAINS.
I must be acclimatising - i was in the Algarve last weekend and it was a bit overcast and around 25c and i felt cold a couple of times when the sun went in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.