Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Where do you buy furniture in the Western Algarve?

Where do you buy furniture in the Western Algarve?

Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Where do you buy furniture in the Western Algarve?

Imagine how many bottles of good Portuguese wine you can buy to stock your cellar with
Old Feb 21st 2007, 4:52 pm
Escaped to the Sun

Mattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really nice

Well done G & J
sounds like holiday from Hell! I think contents of shops vary from week to week - you can visit a place one week/month and it's packed with great stuff - then next visit nothing! All places you have been are always worth a visit for anyone with your stamina to shop!!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Yazmin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sally49
HI Gary, No I've only spoken to him on the phone!! We are planning on using their company for our rentals and they do come across as being very good, but I guess you never know do you???!!

It's a leap of faith.........or madness.........???!!

We are on Oasis Parque, Portimao but we know Bergau as we nearly got washed away on the beach by a huge wave there last September, it was the leftover of that hurricane. We got up about half a second before it hit and our little patch was completely flooded. I must have a well developed 6th sense!! Someone had left their car on the ramp at the bottom and it was about to float away! The just turned up to move it in the nick of time.....all very exciting!!! Probably something to do with Global warming though!!

Sally

Hi Sally

I can't believe that i have just goggled buying furniture in Portugal and not only have i found this useful thread, but i have also found that you have bought a two bedroom apartment in the same development as us!!!
When we went to view the apartment we were told that it would come with the furniture, as like Spain thats how it works, anyway today i have rung our solicitor to see if she had an inventory list, and i was told that no she didn't and the apartment could be empty as it was not part of the agreement....DOH! Hence the goggle search etc.. We though we could start the renting ball rolling, but now have this new problem we're potently faced with. I'm now looking to have to fly out to see if and what we have at the apartment as the company who deals with the renting at Oasis Parque say it could take them 4 weeks to go and see whats there for us. Could you email me by clicking on my username, as i would like to ask how you got on with them refurnishing the apartment for you and some other questions we have.

Thank you in advance

Yazmin

Last edited by jdr; Mar 20th 2007 at 7:02 pm. Reason: Removed email address.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

gibber is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi im new to this forum.

we need to buy patio furniture online so that it will be delivered before we arrive to set up our apartment in vilamoura in june. we have only 4 days to clean and set up and would really like to buy patio furniture online to lessen the time

thanks
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Green_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud of

We found Moviflor very helpful. They speak very good English if you don't speak Pottuguese. There are two prices - one for collect at the Warehouse and the other, only a little more expensive when they come and put it all togther for you. They also turn up when they say they will, i.e. on time! We found the service excellent and when there was a problem with one item there were no quibbles about changing it.
Old May 30th 2007, 8:21 am
Just Joined

shropshire lass is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone recommend where to buy good quality, stylish, modern furniture on the Western Algarve? I have not been inspired by moviflor, planet sofa etc. I want something a bit more out of the ordinary, with the "wow" factor!!
Old May 30th 2007, 8:38 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

There is place in Lagos,I just cant remember the name!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you know where Lidl is,go up the street from there,diagonally,you will see Cinnamon,a sort of Indian shop,past there on the left is a small shopping centre with a huge lighting shop,and the furniture shop is around there somewhere,I looked a couple of years ago and it was packed with what I would call designer stuff,really different.
Sorry I cant think of the name,but the lady in Cinnamon speaks english and could probably direct you to it.
Old May 30th 2007, 9:16 am
Just Joined

shropshire lass is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much. I,ll take a look there. I seem to have duplicated this question...not very computer literate(Being over 40 is my excuse!)
Old May 31st 2007, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Andre will become famous soon enoughPaul Andre will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shropshire lass
Thanks very much. I,ll take a look there. I seem to have duplicated this question...not very computer literate(Being over 40 is my excuse!)
Have you considered 'In-Home' in Boliquieme - they deliver and they do Next furniture? There's about 5 shops all next (sorry) to each other on the EN125 if you want to view different stuff.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

BRIANNIXON is an unknown quantity at this point

Gary --How did your actual experience of the arrival of the furniture work out. Did it all arrive on time?
We are at the early stage of starting to get the furniture for a 4 bed house near Lagos and are going out in mid August to look for furniture---your article has been a great help as we have already had some cursory looks for furniture in May and June on very short visits.

regards Brian