Reload this Page >

Where is the best place to buy on the silver coast

Where is the best place to buy on the silver coast

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:59 am
Just Joined

MrBean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where is the best place to buy on the silver coast

Hello

I understand (rightly or wringly) that the silver coast region is the new up and comming area of Portugal and a good place to buy property/land for future price rises

Any opinions on this statement please?

If so where is the best place/s to buy on the silver coast?

i.e. where are they developing new golf courses and facilities etc over the next few years that may help increase the value of your property as these facilities come on line?

Is there any where on the silver coast the is a bad area to buy and should be avoided?

Any advice most welcome, Thanks in advance every one

Mr Bean
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 1:08 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where is the best place to buy on the silver coast

Anywhere along the coast should see a large gain in value.However,the prices have risen alot in the last couple of years,and its not the cheap option that it used to be.
If you go further inland,its far better value for money,but obviously the growth wont be the same.

Places to avoid.....Ota unless you want a runway on your doorstep
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:27 am
Banned

Prodigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mr Bean
Hello

I understand (rightly or wringly) that the silver coast region is the new up and comming area of Portugal and a good place to buy property/land for future price rises

Any opinions on this statement please?

If so where is the best place/s to buy on the silver coast?

i.e. where are they developing new golf courses and facilities etc over the next few years that may help increase the value of your property as these facilities come on line?

Is there any where on the silver coast the is a bad area to buy and should be avoided?

Any advice most welcome, Thanks in advance every one

Mr Bean
Ola again!

After a bit down memory lane, I can recommend the following places on the cost: Ericeira (close to Lisbon), Nazare (fishing village) and Figueira da Foz (river and sea views). Still on the coast but less known: Pedrogao (must have a look), Sao Pedro de Muel (beach), Sao Martinho do Porto (marina), Foz do Arelho (river and sea amazing), Peniche (peninsula extraordinaire) and Praia da Areia Branca. Inland towns: Mafra, Alcobaca and Caldas da Rainha.

Boa sorte!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Thank you for thsi very useful information
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future

i would say the best investments are still to be had inland a little from the coast, some great investment properties and land available at sensible prices just one hour in land
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:43 am
Banned

Prodigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by omostra06
i would say the best investments are still to be had inland a little from the coast, some great investment properties and land available at sensible prices just one hour in land
Bom dia omostra06!

I agree when one is prepared to do a bit of restoration or up-dating!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 8:53 pm
Escaped to the Sun

Mattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really nice

Just asking . . .
When do you decide to buy a home to live in and enjoy - and stop buying an investment that you hope will go up lots and you can sell????
If Villa's in VdT never go up in value and we never get a golf course or airport - FAB for me. If we get these nesty commercial things and my place goes up in value I will sell up and perhaps move NORTH!!! or to some other uncommercial nice place in the EU.

Went BodyBoarding yesterday at Monte Clerigo beach - Megga Fab and my arms are v sore and stiff today. But it is fab give it a go.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Mattiespeople
Just asking . . .
When do you decide to buy a home to live in and enjoy - and stop buying an investment that you hope will go up lots and you can sell????
If Villa's in VdT never go up in value and we never get a golf course or airport - FAB for me. If we get these nesty commercial things and my place goes up in value I will sell up and perhaps move NORTH!!! or to some other uncommercial nice place in the EU.

Went BodyBoarding yesterday at Monte Clerigo beach - Megga Fab and my arms are v sore and stiff today. But it is fab give it a go.
Well done you!!! I knew you're a surf dude!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your input every one.

When I say I want to buy for an investment, what I mean is I do not want it to go down in valuse and at least go up to keep track of inflation etc. I have just got divirced here in the UK and have half the value of the house in my divorce. This is not enough to buy another house (as I only have half the value) and I do not want a large mortage.

However I still want to be on the property ladder, I have been to portugal in the past and liked it very much. Therefore I tought this would be a good place to buy. However I do not want to loose my money as I cannot afford to do this So I wanted to buy in an area that the prices are still reasonable but will at least go up a bit each year to keep up with the cost of living etc.

Thanks
Mr Bean
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:34 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think you will lose anywhere in Portugal
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:59 am
Russell

Russell707 has a spectacular aura aboutRussell707 has a spectacular aura aboutRussell707 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Where is the best place to buy on the silver coast

No doubt I'm biased because I've bought a place in Foz do Arelho. Having looked at everywhere between Nazare and Peniche, I thought this was the jewel in the crown of the Silver Coast. A quiet village, huge lagoon and great beach. Not a great deal of development unlike some places and we are told that the council are very strict on granting planning permission, although permission has apparently been granted to build a new golf course with a 5 star Sheraton hotel, so should help push up prices.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:45 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Russell707
No doubt I'm biased because I've bought a place in Foz do Arelho. Having looked at everywhere between Nazare and Peniche, I thought this was the jewel in the crown of the Silver Coast. A quiet village, huge lagoon and great beach. Not a great deal of development unlike some places and we are told that the council are very strict on granting planning permission, although permission has apparently been granted to build a new golf course with a 5 star Sheraton hotel, so should help push up prices.
In general, I have to agree with Cleri. But getting a place in Foz do Arelho is a must... well done Russell707. Enjoy...
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:06 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Russell707

The house I have seen is in the same area, well when I say same area I quickly add it is loosely up there in the region of the new golf course (have to add that or Prodigal will have something to say about it). The house is on the market for 80,000 euros and we plan to spend about another 100,000 on it, this is not to make us a grand profit if and when we sell but to give us the house we want to be comfortable in. A large chunk of that money is to make sure we are self sufficient regards to electricity/heating and not forgetting the top of the range kitchen that I have seen I have to agree with you the lagoon and beach is beautiful, oh dear I am getting Portugal withdrawal symptoms I had better go and pour my self a large port.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by crispygirl
The house I have seen is in the same area, well when I say same area I quickly add it is loosely up there in the region of the new golf course (have to add that or Prodigal will have something to say about it). The house is on the market for 80,000 euros and we plan to spend about another 100,000 on it, this is not to make us a grand profit if and when we sell but to give us the house we want to be comfortable in. A large chunk of that money is to make sure we are self sufficient regards to electricity/heating and not forgetting the top of the range kitchen that I have seen I have to agree with you the lagoon and beach is beautiful, oh dear I am getting Portugal withdrawal symptoms I had better go and pour my self a large port.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by omostra06
Hello, I am currently living and working in Canada, I have been thinking of buying a place in Central Portugal and saw your post. Can you recommend an area in Central Portugal. Coimbra seems quite interesting?

Any comments welcome - positive or negative.

Thanks

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.