Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

whats the rules and regs for picking someone up from lisbon airport

whats the rules and regs for picking someone up from lisbon airport

Old Jul 28th 2020, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute
Default whats the rules and regs for picking someone up from lisbon airport

anyone done this ,if you could give a insight to parking and waiting areas would be appreciated
Old Jul 28th 2020, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

coleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whats the rules and regs for picking someone up from lisbon airport

I park on the road
R. Cidade da Beira 1800-070 Lisboa, Portugal
which is free and has no parking restrictions then its a short walk between the blocks to the main drag then (400m ?) along Av Berlim to the front of Terminal one (all arrivals are terminal 1). I may have also left a car there for weeks, occasionally, with no problem.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/38.7...e3!4m2!4m1!3e0
Old Jul 29th 2020, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coleio
I park on the road
R. Cidade da Beira 1800-070 Lisboa, Portugal
which is free and has no parking restrictions then its a short walk between the blocks to the main drag then (400m ?) along Av Berlim to the front of Terminal one (all arrivals are terminal 1). I may have also left a car there for weeks, occasionally, with no problem.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/38.7...e3!4m2!4m1!3e0
thanks coleio, i am hoping to pick up a elderly coup;e who i dont think could do the walk,and will be totaly confused if they come out into the arrival hall and i am not standing there,i was thinking that you are not allowed in the arrivals hall unless you are travelling,so wondererd were to wait,
Old Jul 30th 2020, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by santaanita
thanks coleio, i am hoping to pick up a elderly coup;e who i dont think could do the walk,and will be totaly confused if they come out into the arrival hall and i am not standing there,i was thinking that you are not allowed in the arrivals hall unless you are travelling,so wondererd were to wait,
It's pretty much back to normal, you see a few security/police etc and all wearing masks but people are allowed in and out with quite a few people waiting in arrivals. You should have no problems.

the carpark at terminal 1 departures (just up the escalator from arrivals) is open again though it looks like a building site at the moment due the works.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pilotabroad
It's pretty much back to normal, you see a few security/police etc and all wearing masks but people are allowed in and out with quite a few people waiting in arrivals. You should have no problems.

the carpark at terminal 1 departures (just up the escalator from arrivals) is open again though it looks like a building site at the moment due the works.
thanks for that info pilotabroad,sods law just had a call from them and they have cancelled because there insurance does not cover covid 19
Old Jul 30th 2020, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by santaanita
thanks for that info pilotabroad,sods law just had a call from them and they have cancelled because there insurance does not cover covid 19
Your welcome, sorry to hear of the insurance woes.
good luck