Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

What happens now if you arrive at Faro from UK ?

What happens now if you arrive at Faro from UK ?

Old May 13th 2021, 11:12 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute
Default What happens now if you arrive at Faro from UK ?

Anyone know what actually happens at the moment if you land in Faro from the UK ?

In terms of what do you have to show re Covid ? Do you have to take a test there and then ? How does it all work in practical terms ?

Is the paper document the NHS gives to persons vaccinated looked at at all ? Accepted as valid ?

I see there are plenty of Ryanair options for Faro next week from various airports in UK, so people must be travelling.
Old May 13th 2021, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What happens now if you arrive at Faro from UK ?

Originally Posted by riv
Anyone know what actually happens at the moment if you land in Faro from the UK ?

In terms of what do you have to show re Covid ? Do you have to take a test there and then ? How does it all work in practical terms ?

Is the paper document the NHS gives to persons vaccinated looked at at all ? Accepted as valid ?

I see there are plenty of Ryanair options for Faro next week from various airports in UK, so people must be travelling.
Portugal still does not accept arrivals for non-essential travel from non-EU countries , have to wait for clarification probably over next few days but Ryanair being optimistic ?
Old May 13th 2021, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

sam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What happens now if you arrive at Faro from UK ?

At the moment, as Loafing Along says, no one know if the Portuguese rules will change for next week (when Brits can go on holiday). The current rule is an official PCR test result (taken within 72 hours of your departure) + valid essential reason to travel (going on holiday is not valid, at the moment). Everyone is hoping the rule will change in the next few days - https://www.portugalresident.com/por...before-may-17/

I suspect you'll still need to do a PCR test before you leave the UK, but no one knows yet.

I did this journey last week - came back to Portugal (as a resident, which is permitted). Passport control at Faro was fine - you showed your passport + a print-out of your PCR 'negative' result, and that was that. Pretty quick and efficient - 25 mins from joining the passport queue to getting through. Just so you know, I was also asked twice at the airport in the UK to show the PCR 'negative' result paper (when i checked-in and also when i boarded the aeroplane).