Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Weather in Portugal

Weather in Portugal

Old Oct 12th 2022, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weather in Portugal

Originally Posted by BillBullock
I agree with Sportpix about the Portuguese lagers. Thank goodness for Estrella Damme and some good beers in Lidl.
Hi BB. I have sent you a PM
Old Oct 12th 2022, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sportpix
Hi BB. I have sent you a PM
I can't find a new PM Sportpix. Can you send it again please?
Old Oct 13th 2022, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Resent. Now have the tiger balm 😀
Old Oct 14th 2022, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Weather in Portugal

I have replied to your PM now.
Old Oct 18th 2022, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Many thanks Sportpix for the Tiger Balm. It was good to meet up with you at the airport. The mosquitos continue to attack me in the garden and the house but I now have a good supply of the treatment ointment which outshines all the alternatives available in Portugal. A chemist in Faro was surprised when I told him about treating bites with Tiger Balm even though he stocked Tiger Balm next to the ointments he usually recommends, like Systral and Fenistil.
Old Oct 19th 2022, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Many thanks Sportpix for the Tiger Balm. It was good to meet up with you at the airport. The mosquitos continue to attack me in the garden and the house but I now have a good supply of the treatment ointment which outshines all the alternatives available in Portugal. A chemist in Faro was surprised when I told him about treating bites with Tiger Balm even though he stocked Tiger Balm next to the ointments he usually recommends, like Systral and Fenistil.
You are more than welcome, BB, and likewise it was good to meet you too. If only the Tiger Balm worked for sleeping I would have got the wife to
bring even more over. Been awake since 3am …
Old Oct 19th 2022, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

You are more than welcome, BB, and likewise it was good to meet you too. If only the Tiger Balm worked for sleeping I would have got the wife to
bring even more over. Been awake since 3am …
I've been retired for almost 20 years and, at the age of 78 next month, I still have not mastered a good night's sleep. When I lie awake at something like 3am, my mind starts thinking about things in the past and in the future, and cannot get to sleep until I concentrate on thinking about the present, "the now". It's hard work thinking of nothing but breathing in and out so I keep repeating to myself "NOTHING, NOTHING.....". It works eventually and I drop off to sleep again. All I can suggest is that you try it.
Old Oct 23rd 2022, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

I've been retired for almost 20 years and, at the age of 78 next month, I still have not mastered a good night's sleep. When I lie awake at something like 3am, my mind starts thinking about things in the past and in the future, and cannot get to sleep until I concentrate on thinking about the present, "the now". It's hard work thinking of nothing but breathing in and out so I keep repeating to myself "NOTHING, NOTHING.....". It works eventually and I drop off to sleep again. All I can suggest is that you try it.
It didn’t work for me. I still find my mind wandering off in the direction of things about to happen or things that have happened and the only solution then is to turn on the light and read for a while. I probably don’t help myself by mixing the hop and the grape, although as the weather has cooled down over the past few days I’ve avoided the hop drink.