Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

We shouldn't have to travel so far for the biometric card

We shouldn't have to travel so far for the biometric card

Old Nov 1st 2022, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We shouldn't have to travel so far for the biometric card

Originally Posted by santaanita
the bit that made me giggle was the guy had to stand behind me holding a large piece of hardboard to stop people photo bombing the photo,
brilliant. In need of a larf 🤣
Old Nov 1st 2022, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

it really was painless good luck just a shame its not more local for you ,mine was a 90 k round trip so not a problem.
Old Nov 1st 2022, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Fluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura about

Hmm, our email invites to make an appointment had nothing at all about what docs to bring.
Also, I find it ironic that many Algarvians are having to go to Lisbon, which is where we asked to go instead of Beja but no we cannot. We are still unable to cancel our appointments. Sef have until now quickly responded to our questions by email, albeit not very usefully, but we've not had a response to our latest about not being able to cancel, not even the usual acknowledgment of the email.
Old Nov 1st 2022, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

I only had to supply my passport,then fill the form in with my Niff ,NISS,and SNS I did not have to show any other docs,i did enqire about this and it seems that if you dont have such things as SNS or HISS Then they can be added in the future to the digital bio metic card in the future they just want you to get into the bio metric system,

Last edited by santaanita; Nov 1st 2022 at 7:28 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2022, 7:27 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fluffyhead
Hmm, our email invites to make an appointment had nothing at all about what docs to bring.
Also, I find it ironic that many Algarvians are having to go to Lisbon, which is where we asked to go instead of Beja but no we cannot. We are still unable to cancel our appointments. Sef have until now quickly responded to our questions by email, albeit not very usefully, but we've not had a response to our latest about not being able to cancel, not even the usual acknowledgment of the email.
You can cancel appointments on the brexit.sef.pt website. Once logged in click the calculator icon (it's supposed to be a calendar but I suspect some SEF officer let his 6yr old draw them). This should show your existing appointment. Tick the box to the left of your name to highlight that appointment, then a trash can icon should appear at the top giving you the option to delete/cancel that appointment.
Old Nov 1st 2022, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Score76
You can cancel appointments on the brexit.sef.pt website. Once logged in click the calculator icon (it's supposed to be a calendar but I suspect some SEF officer let his 6yr old draw them). This should show your existing appointment. Tick the box to the left of your name to highlight that appointment, then a trash can icon should appear at the top giving you the option to delete/cancel that appointment.
my evening is getting better. Can’t stop larfing. 6yr old designer at sef!!!
Old Nov 1st 2022, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Jlindon is an unknown quantity at this point

I assumed your appointment was today. I was told the same thing to access the portal and make payment (although not given any paper). After 48 hrs plus two more working days since my appointment last Friday morning, I still can't see anything regarding payment on the Brexit portal nor by email. I guess I just have to wait more and check in the portal daily.
Let me know if how it is for you after 48 hrs.

Last edited by Rosemary; Nov 1st 2022 at 10:23 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2022, 10:27 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I have sorted out some of the quotes that were messed up but others I had to delete because there was so much confusion. Can I ask that you take more care when quoting and if a quote is showing up incorrectly that you do not make matters worse by using that post in a quote.

Thanks

Rosemary
Old Nov 2nd 2022, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted from a quote a couple of times and not just yesterday, I wrote outside of the quote box. I realised that it had gone wrong and amended it. It's strange if it's happening a lot.
Old Nov 2nd 2022, 9:50 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
I posted from a quote a couple of times and not just yesterday, I wrote outside of the quote box. I realised that it had gone wrong and amended it. It's strange if it's happening a lot.
It only takes one quote to go wrong and it mushrooms with peoples usage. It is human error, nothing to do with the system.

Rosemary
Old Nov 2nd 2022, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Fluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Sports76, but we already did all that you wrote, the only thing is that no tick box appears by the name and there's no other way to select it, hence we can't cancel. We sent a screenshot to sef but there still hasn't been a reply.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Booked in for the last Friday in November in Lisbon, best to get it out of the way.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

Fluffyhead, log out and then start again.

I did that for husband and managed to change his appointment from Faro to Beja.

We're going on different dates, but I'll take my stuff up with me when he has his appointment and see if they can get me sorted at the same time.

It's two hour round trip for us, so not as local as we'd hoped or originally told.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Score76
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Q7riEHQLkuUTogmWA
We decided to make a city break of it, 1st class train from Tunes to Lisbon - Entrecosta is only 18€ each way if booked in advance. The SEF office is right near Parque metro station. I had a hotels.com reward night to use up that was due to expire at the end of December so have booked a night away.
Thanks for the location score76 , I’m now on my home but the train is half an hour late. It was raining when I arrived so I had to buy a small umbrella from the station shop for 15 euros. Probably would have been 5 euro in the China shop. If you come by train and need a pee do so on the train as the loos at the train station cost 50 cents to enter. I’ve had wet feet since I walked out of the station. It would be a nice walk on a nice day. There was at least 50 people queuing outside the SEF at 12:30 so I decided to get some lunch first as my appointment was at 2pm. There is a posh coffee shop about 200m up the road but I turned right there and found a lovely little restaurant opposite an Aldi where I had a pork dish and a couple of coffees for 11 euro. I went back to the SEF at 1:30 and at 1:45 the security guard asked for anyone with a 2pm appointment. There was about a dozen of us but like a fool I did note print out the appointment so the others got in ahead of me. I was eventually called in at 1:45 and had to fill in a form with name, address etc etc but which also wanted NIF and SS, but they were not listed as that. I took all my official paperwork with me so I had the info but had to dig for it. The actual appointment lasted all of 10 minutes and the girl only asked to see my passport. She told me to log into the website on Monday to pay and hopefully I won’t have the problems others have faced with this. Good luck all.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it went well for you Sportpix. Shame it's dark, you're going through some lovely countryside and Funcheira station is gorgeous.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.